Where is PDF version of "Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller" manual?
3217 7 2020-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just received my Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller package, and included are two guides: Mavic Pro 2 with Smart Controller Quick Start and Mavic Pro 2 with Smart Controller User Guide.

Both are so small it's almost impossible to read the miniscule print.  

Ordinarily I just download the PDF equivalent which can be easily read. However neither of these manuals is listed in the Mavic 2 Pro Downloads area.  Where can I find them?
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AngularIan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the link posted by Dirty Bird on post #2 for you to be able to see the DJI Smart Controller's Manuals. Thank you.

2020-8-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ordinarily I just download the PDF equivalent which can be easily read. However neither of these manuals is listed in the Mavic 2 Pro Downloads area.  Where can I find them?
Your drone manual is here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_User_Manual_v2.0_en_20191211.pdf
2020-8-25
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-25 21:51
Your drone manual is here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_User_Manual_v2.0_en_20191211.pdf

That ISN’T the manual and that one IS listed in the Downloads section so is easy to find. The manual that ships with the drone is titled as I highlighted in bold in my original post.

The manual you posted a link to is for the Mavic with the ordinary controller. I don’t have the ordinary controller. I have the smart controller and there is a different Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom manual for that combination, as shipped in the box. That’s the manual I need in its PDF form
2020-8-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AngularIan Posted at 8-25 22:16
That ISN’T the manual and that one IS listed in the Downloads section so is easy to find. The manual that ships with the drone is titled as I highlighted in bold in my original post.

The manual you posted a link to is for the Mavic with the ordinary controller. I don’t have the ordinary controller. I have the smart controller and there is a different Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom manual for that combination, as shipped in the box. That’s the manual I need in its PDF form

The manual you posted a link to is for the Mavic with the ordinary controller. I don’t have the ordinary controller. I have the smart controller and there is a different Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom manual for that combination.
Despite what you think, you have an ordinary Mavic 2 and an ordinary Smart controller.
You just bought them packaged together.
There is no special, different aircraft to go with the smart controller.
The regular manual will do you just fine.

2020-8-25
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-25 23:44
The manual you posted a link to is for the Mavic with the ordinary controller. I don’t have the ordinary controller. I have the smart controller and there is a different Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom manual for that combination.
Despite what you think, you have an ordinary Mavic 2 and an ordinary Smart controller.
You just bought them packaged together.

Jesus, I saw this bull... on another thread and couldn’t believe it then, and don’t believe it now.

If there was no need for a manual for the two together (why should I have to read the Mavic manual, disregarding all the controller-specific  stuff, and then switch to another to work out what I need to change) WTF would DJI have gone to all the trouble of specifically shipping  a different manual for the two together in the box. There's a reason they did that.

It’s not rocket science. If a manual is shipped with the product then make it available as a PDF. I’m not interested in fudged “use this manual with this other one and work it out”, as the original post tried to make clear.
2020-8-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AngularIan Posted at 8-26 00:00
Jesus, I saw this bull... on another thread and couldn’t believe it then, and don’t believe it now.

If there was no need for a manual for the two together (why should I have to read the Mavic manual, disregarding all the controller-specific  stuff, and then switch to another to work out what I need to change) WTF would DJI have gone to all the trouble of specifically shipping  a different manual for the two together in the box. There's a reason they did that.

It's a pleasure to meet you.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and wealth of experience with me.
You should have a long chat with my good forum friend the ant man.
You'd get on really well.
2020-8-26
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-26 02:41
It is odd that DJI would include a full user guide in printed format with a product.  Generally you only get a printed Quick Start guide, battery guide, warning guide, etc..  

Are you 100% certain you received a full, printed, "Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller" manual & not just Quick Start guides for each?  The full manual for the standard Mavic 2 is 70+ pages.  The Smart Controller Combo would be even more.   I have never noticed that degree of printed documentation included with any of my numerous DJI products.

Actually you are correct. There are two "manuals" but the thicker one is the Quick Start Guide because of all the languages, and the other seems to be just a few @In The Box@ pages. I read them the other way round. Hence the confusion.

Have attached a photo of the four "manuals" that come with the package to prove the "Smart Controller" variant does exist.

I will contact support. Thanks.

2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules