Brand new Mavic Mini Fly More Combo - scratches out of box
1527 9 2020-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlashEngineer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39895 ft
Canada

Just posting this in public threads to track how DJI's customer service is.  First DJI product I've bought and out of the box looks either bad QC care when testing, or refurbished or used, even though this was sealed in a shrink wrap in the box.

I've bought many things and I'm OCD on the stufff so I take a hard look over the things and this wasn't up to "new" standards.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi FlashEngineer, we sincerely sorry for that case happened. Kindly please send an email to support@dji.com, our team will provide further assistance. After sending the email, please let me know the ticket number, I'll help to keep an eye on it. Thanks.
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_AgeL1pBp7xwy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29101 ft
Russia

Hello there!
I have the same problem. I bought the Mini from an authorised reseller in Moscow, Russia.
I unboxed it recently and there were couple of scratches on the battery cap (like on your photo, but not so severe). This cap seems to be very scratchable, I tried it with my fingers later.
Also there were black dots on the legs. Does not look like new to me as well.
I contacted the reseller, they said that the drone is brand new and it must be a manufacturing issue.
I’m not sure that I want to return it because of that, these things should not affect the drone’s functionality (I still haven’t flown it yet, I will activate the drone and do my first flight tomorrow).
However, it is not what I expected from DJI as well.
2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_AgeL1pBp7xwy Posted at 8-28 09:02
Hello there!
I have the same problem. I bought the Mini from an authorised reseller in Moscow, Russia.
I unboxed it recently and there were couple of scratches on the battery cap (like on your photo, but not so severe). This cap seems to be very scratchable, I tried it with my fingers later.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your first bad impression on the product, kindly please take some photos and send an email to support@dji.com, our support team will help to check it. Thanks.
2020-8-28
Use props
FlashEngineer
lvl.2
Canada

I've gotten a return label from support but still no confirmation I'll be getting a brand new one to replace my 2 week old drone.  I'm going to be very disappointed if they replace my 2 week old drone with a refurbished one.  Will definitely post this on other forums warning others if that happens.  Would be nice if someone can confirm they would replace with a brand new one but, no one answers.
2020-8-29
Use props
fans6771b7cd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29101 ft
Russia

FlashEngineer Posted at 8-29 11:57
I've gotten a return label from support but still no confirmation I'll be getting a brand new one to replace my 2 week old drone.  I'm going to be very disappointed if they replace my 2 week old drone with a refurbished one.  Will definitely post this on other forums warning others if that happens.  Would be nice if someone can confirm they would replace with a brand new one but, no one answers.

Hello!
As I said, this battery cap is very scratchable. As I understand from your other post (one day before this one), you used the drone and even launched it. Are you sure that it was not you who made these scratches on the battery cap by using it (plugging the battery, e.g.)?
2020-8-29
Use props
FlashEngineer
lvl.2
Canada

fans6771b7cd Posted at 8-29 21:13
Hello!
As I said, this battery cap is very scratchable. As I understand from your other post (one day before this one), you used the drone and even launched it. Are you sure that it was not you who made these scratches on the battery cap by using it (plugging the battery, e.g.)?

Nope, I'm very detailed oriented on my new things such as mobile phones, any sort of electronics, I should have taken an unboxing video and uploaded that.  The scratches were there from the start.  I have also no reason to plug any usb in as I have the fly more combo which has it's own charger.  Either way, I will be really unhappy if they send me a refurbished unit for this few week old unit.

Please take note DJI, I was going to purchase a Mavic Air 2 as well but now checking other brands unless my situation is resolved correctly.
2020-8-30
Use props
FlashEngineer
lvl.2
Canada

I'm pretty annoyed at the lack of response from DJI, all the admins here do was to reply to me but does not confirm weather they will send a replacement that's brand new.  So I'm still hesitant to return this "new" drone to get something that's used for months with wear and tear on the actual functional parts.
2020-8-30
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

fans6771b7cd Posted at 8-29 21:13
Hello!
As I said, this battery cap is very scratchable. As I understand from your other post (one day before this one), you used the drone and even launched it. Are you sure that it was not you who made these scratches on the battery cap by using it (plugging the battery, e.g.)?

Agree with you.

Why activate the drone and fly it if mind the scratches on it.
2020-8-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FlashEngineer Posted at 8-30 11:24
I'm pretty annoyed at the lack of response from DJI, all the admins here do was to reply to me but does not confirm weather they will send a replacement that's brand new.  So I'm still hesitant to return this "new" drone to get something that's used for months with wear and tear on the actual functional parts.

We are terribly sorry for the delay, our team had replied to your email. We will take care of the case when we receive the drone, please don't worry. Any further assistance is needed, please feel free to contact us at any time, we are glad to help.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules