Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OM4 Firmware Release Notes (08/26/2020)
8866 31 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.08.26
  • Firmware: v01.00.05.10
  • DJI Mimo App for iOS: v1.4.0
  • DJI Mimo App for Android: v1.4.0

What’s new?
  • Optimized gimbal auto calibration function. Fixed the phone skewing error for certain phone models. Improved user experience.
  • Optimized user experience when using small-sized phones (such as the iPhone SE 2).
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI OM 4 and DJI Mimo, re-connect the mobile phone’s Bluetooth, and then retry.
  • If the update still fails on the second try, contact the customer service agent.

2020-8-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-8-26
Use props
Daymon Warren
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

looking to order mine right now
2020-8-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone really care about these toy gimbals that come out every six months.  How about we use our resources to make the Smart Controller work with the MA2.  ;p
2020-8-26
Use props
chris1269
lvl.3
Germany

The DJI OM 4 seems to be very interesting. Unfortunately, there is a big catch for Android users! Like my DJI Osmo Mobile3, it still works with the very bad app "DJI Mimo" to be able to use all functions without restrictions. That is, it will not work in 1080p and 4K 60 FPS for many smartphones in video mode. What DJI finally managed, at least after a very long time, that in photo mode finally with the version of the DJI Mimo app 1.4.0 the format to 4:3; 16:9; 18:9 and 1:1. Unfortunately, that was it. This is very disappointing for such a company. With the support with "Filmic Pro" the users of the DJI OM 4 will have to wait.
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Woe Posted at 8-26 06:09
Thanks for sharing.

Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-8-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 19:28
Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen
2020-8-26
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

will filmic pro also not work with the dji om 4?
2020-8-27
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Really excited about getting mine now.

Especially after looking at some of these tutorials for the OM 4- Looks like it's a lot more flexible than the original Osmo Mobile.

Which if I'm honest I didnt' get that much use out of...
2020-8-27
Use props
fans5a42c861
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12349 ft
Finland

Will it also work with a new phone Samsung Note 20 Ultra ?
2020-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hoping to see if they update the OM3 too.
2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Woe Posted at 8-26 20:58
Thank you Stephen

Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for continuously supporting DJI.
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Thanks for Share !!
2020-8-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-28 01:11
Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for continuously supporting DJI.

2020-8-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing  
2020-8-28
Use props
djiuser_weMunbXSlGSb
lvl.1
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-26 11:18
Does anyone really care about these toy gimbals that come out every six months.  How about we use our resources to make the Smart Controller work with the MA2.  ;p

Actually, since I don’t have a drone, I care.
2020-8-28
Use props
jabbo13
New

United States

Is there any feature to mimic a slider rail while the gimbal is on a tripod? I'd like to add motion to my footage without needing a second shooter. Something like motion timelapse but for video.
2020-8-30
Use props
mkflyfish
lvl.1
United States

Using an iphone X, no case, clamp, OM 4 with firmware v01.00.05.10,  

I believe there are still calibration errors,

after calibration -
1. sitting on a stable flat surface, with the gimbal recentered, it is moving and not stable, primarily tilt, but also pan

2. vibration: the motors have had minor vibrations, a few times severe.  While holding the OM 4 and moving it began vibrating severely, I set it on a stable surface and the vibration continued, no movement or recenter helped, I had to turn off the OM 4

Troubleshooting that I've tried: resetting bluetooth, removing app from phone and reinstalling, recalibrating, etc.

Michael

2020-8-31
Use props
fans918badf8
lvl.1

United States

OM4 - Samsung Note 10+ with current Android software.  Each start begins "New firmware available.  Tap to update"  Been through this several times.  'New firmware' fails to load.  Indicator light alternates red-green until shutdown.  Restarting brings the "New firmware available' message again.
2020-9-1
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fans918badf8 Posted at 9-1 11:17
OM4 - Samsung Note 10+ with current Android software.  Each start begins "New firmware available.  Tap to update"  Been through this several times.  'New firmware' fails to load.  Indicator light alternates red-green until shutdown.  Restarting brings the "New firmware available' message again.

Start by clearing the Cache in Mimo.
2020-9-2
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Not being successful updating the firmware ... any clues ??
2020-9-3
Use props
fans5edbf748
lvl.1
Spain

Hello. I just got my DJI OM 4 and when using it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, the gimbal keeps messing up the horizontal stabilisation, making every frame crooked. I tried deleting the Mimo app and redownloading it, reconnecting the OM 4 through Bluetooth, resetting the phone... Nothing has changed.
However, the gimbal works fine on my dads iPhone Xs, which is smaller and weighs less.
Both phones use iOS 14 betas.
Please let me know if this problem is something that might persist or could be fixed with a future firmware, I really wanna love this device but it’s giving me a hard time right now.
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_8fZSxCaear2c
New

Spain

Turns out I have the dji om3 and also the Filmic pro application for Android, but this is not compatible with dji om3 / om4. Its developers told me a couple of days ago that they are working with you to make the app compatible, is that true? Are you going to let them access your sdk?
I'll give you a screenshot and the translation. I would like you to clarify it

Good recording app, probably the best.  However, it does not have compatibility with the dji om3 / om4 ​​... I know it is DJI's fault and I do not ask for innovative options, but unless the zoom works ... There really is no way to recognize external buttons of a bluetooth accessory  and assign them as if we were talking about a gamepad?  What a disappointment ...

Hi Ivan, unfortunately you can't.  The gamepads
other accessories do send all events to the
device, but not the stabilizers @.  In
either case, we are working with DJI to
support both OM3 and OM4 as soon as possible
possible.  Thanks for the review and have a
2020-9-6
Use props
albertquin
New

Colombia

Is DJI Flight Simulator compatible with Mac computers ?
2020-9-9
Use props
djiuser_QGgIj2Aw9rJA
New
United States

hi guys newbhie question since this is my first gimbal, i just like to know if there's a THING not to do, in DJi om4?
2020-9-18
Use props
fansa04c30cd
New
Flight distance : 331 ft

Colombia

tengo problemas con mi Osmo mobile 3, he tratado de conectarlo y nada reiniciando el Bloetooth ya varias veces, envíe un email  y nada que me responde
2020-9-19
Use props
fansa04c30cd
New
Flight distance : 331 ft

Colombia

RSD1962 Posted at 9-3 09:49
Not being successful updating the firmware ... any clues ??

Yo sigo en lo mismo mi Osmo mobile 3 nada que se actualiza.. y no hay respuesta..
2020-9-19
Use props
fansc2988743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988061 ft
United States

chris1269 Posted at 8-26 14:51
The DJI OM 4 seems to be very interesting. Unfortunately, there is a big catch for Android users! Like my DJI Osmo Mobile3, it still works with the very bad app "DJI Mimo" to be able to use all functions without restrictions. That is, it will not work in 1080p and 4K 60 FPS for many smartphones in video mode. What DJI finally managed, at least after a very long time, that in photo mode finally with the version of the DJI Mimo app 1.4.0 the format to 4:3; 16:9; 18:9 and 1:1. Unfortunately, that was it. This is very disappointing for such a company. With the support with "Filmic Pro" the users of the DJI OM 4 will have to wait.
Very very upset about this as well i have a premium android phone Note 9 to be exact and can only film in 4k ,1080p and 720p @30fps! Looked on the compatibility list only to find out that outdated iphones and budget androids were given better resolutions and shooting options than most premium android phones and we all paid the same amount of money.Its like dji is trying to force people to buy apple products or apple is bullying dji into creating privileges to make their products look superior.True compatibility means the same product works the same for everyone otherwise youre misleading your customer base.Either that or sell to your android users at a cheaper price point since the user experience is lessened.
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_PUoJzG06qQjq
New
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 19:28

Hi,

I tried the latest firmware update but the installation stops at 54%. The green light keep flashing slowly. I'm sad. Please tell me what to do with my dji om4?
2020-9-27
Use props
Aliz Emőke Szűcs
New

Ireland

Hi. I just purchased the OM4 and paired with my samsung note 10 plus. It says there is firmware update for the om4 but when I try to update: msg comes up that the update failed. I returned the gimbal as it was recommemded from manufacturer. Recieved a new one and same thing happening. Anyone can help me what to do? TIA
2020-10-19
Use props
djiuser_ZnhBOwJsnFiW
lvl.1

United States

fans5a42c861 Posted at 2020-8-27 12:30
Will it also work with a new phone Samsung Note 20 Ultra ?

Probably not since i am siting here and the app only dose 720p in video mode . Probably going return this pos . Nothing i saw in the videos on YouTube match my experience and expectations.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_ZnhBOwJsnFiW
lvl.1

United States

chris1269 Posted at 2020-8-26 14:51

correction DJI Mimo app doesnt support 4k at all on S20 plus and they said no fix is coming they said the engineers are thinking about fixing it I am sending this POS back all these reviews about how great it is and doesn't support 4k  
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules