Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo File Types???
4575 6 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can the OM 4 utilize my iPhone's ability to capture RAW images?  While the default iPhone camera app can only capture JPG or HIEF, 3rd party apps can capture RAW.  I use Adobe Lightroom Mobile to take photos on my phone because they take photos in RAW.  The inability to capture RAW is the one reason I have yet to buy a Osmo Mobile product.
2020-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can use as gimbal when using Lightroom , you just wont have some functionality like zoom from the gimbal itself, although for raw digital zoom not necessary. You can also use as a gimbal with movie pro app or filmic, but again some functions only available with Mimo app.
For video a lot of the time I will use movie pro , it has some more options than Mimo , but both together you will have plenty of options.
2020-8-26
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

I don't know how this affects your decision to purchase a stabilizer?
hmm. i thought a stabilizer is mainly used for video shooting? okay except for panos.
Besides, you can use the stabilizer for physical stabilization and use the app that can utlize the RAW foto taking functio.. just a thought
2020-8-27
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello
Indeed the osmo has no real use in photography except for the panorama and still all the latest generation phones are able to do so. If you want to photograph raw use a SLR camera or a phone using raw in photography but I think for a mobile phone it doesn't have much use. I think it would be more interesting for osmo 3 or 4 to have a flat D-Cinelike style video format.
For video editors who want to do calibration.
2020-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

VanzPix Posted at 8-27 03:23
Hello
Indeed the osmo has no real use in photography except for the panorama and still all the latest generation phones are able to do so. If you want to photograph raw use a SLR camera or a phone using raw in photography but I think for a mobile phone it doesn't have much use. I think it would be more interesting for osmo 3 or 4 to have a flat D-Cinelike style video format.

I think you will find for simple photography OM4 is pretty useful, first it can be used automatically to shoot photos with user in them, it will have longer reach in some instances, as OP wishes it can shoot raw also AEB, It obviously can shoot pano auto, but also manually. So it has its uses and not everyone chooses to carry DSLR around with them.
2020-8-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If nothing else it helps keep the horizon straight, something which personally I seem to have difficulty with!
2020-8-27
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

VanzPix Posted at 8-27 03:23
Hello

I like using the automate 3x3 pano function on my old OSMO.  That would be useful being able to use my phone and capture those images in raw.
2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules