Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC serial number in the txt flight logs
3104 16 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't match the serial number on the label on the controller so I am wondering what 'component'/board etc. it 'belongs to'? Does anyone know?
Thanks

2020-8-26
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post up some pictures, someone might be able to help you out.
2020-8-27
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Where do you find the RC Serial number in the .txt file please, I can't se it anywhere?
2020-8-27
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you run the txt file through CsvView or probably "TXTlogToCSVtool_general.exe" and output the results as a csv file, then open that csv file as a spreadsheet ( I am using Excel) (Microsoft Works 'loses' a lot of the headers) I find the remote controller serial number in two columns,
1st under " RECOVER.rcSn" =  column 237 / IC  &
2nd under "DETAILS.rcSn" = column  265 / JE.  

BUT the serial numbers are not always present. I have been swapping controllers and am now trying to work out which was which, and some, it seems, haven't written the RC serial number to the txt file. I am beiginning to wonder if it's a lack of updates causing the 'loss'. Ditto battery serial numbers. I haven't tried the DAT files yet.

the battery serial number is in 238/ID & somewhere else,
the charge count?  111/DG,
the battery production date?  121/DQ,
the drone#s activation date? 235/IA
the corresponding  DAT file number  210/HB

Incidentally CsvView puts the RC serial number and some other 'goodies' in a small table on the 'front page' of the results.

2020-8-27
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dale, pictures of what?
2020-8-27
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-27 12:35
Dale, pictures of what?

It's ok ignore that, Posted on wrong thread, It wouldn't let me delete it. I'm having issues with the forum pages at the moment.
2020-8-27
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

No you cannot delete comments once posted!! In fact there are several annoying things about this forum, having to "sign in, go through all the "are you human" every time!!
Sean-newbie - no I don't get either of those columns on my CSV sprteadsheet, which columns are they A, B, C.............................

2020-8-27
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dale, no problem, yeah not being able to delete a post is a pain in the derrier!
Cheddar-man. Uuum the letter 'numbers' are included for each of the column I mentioned, after the "/" .
Attached are screen captures of sections from what I get. The numbering and lettering inside the red shading are so I can move columns about and have a inbuilt map to return them to their original position.

RC sn headers 1.png
RC sn headers 2.png
2020-8-28
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Must admit, if I'm looking at the right things the serial number in the CSV file also does not match that of my RC? Nothing on the RC lable vaguely resembles the SN on the spread sheet which is the same column as the spread sheet above!

2020-8-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the rc serial number in the spreadsheet does indeed NOT match the number on the label  on the controller body by the USB output
2020-8-30
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I wonder why? This is original RC, never had any problems since purchase so no parts changed?
Can't check the drone S/N as it's got a replacement casing and I don't want to open it.
The battery S/N also doesn't match either of the ones I've got!
2020-8-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh the battery serial numbers match for me, for the ones that show in the app and in the txt file at least. Though I have several batteries that do not report their serial numbers.
Maybe a Mod will chime is with answers to our questions,
2020-8-30
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Don't hold your breath
2020-8-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strangely I thought the same thing lol
2020-8-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If a serial number was going to match, it would be on a sticker.  It wouldn't be printed on the RC as shown in post #9.  I don't have a sticker on mine - at least not on the outside.  I'm not aware that any of them have one.  There may be one inside the controller.  Maybe not.  

Good luck.  
2020-8-31
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Um, on most things one buys the SN is along with the product ID on the outside. Any way, not going to start opening it up just for this
2020-8-31
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might find
https://github.com/o-gs/dji-firm ... button-combinations
intersesting
2020-8-31
Use props