DJI Simulator and Mavic Air 2
1055 8 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mettauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269610 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed that the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic release notes ( v2.0.12 issued April 2020 ) had for
What's new
【Mavic Air 2 】
1. Add support for Firmware Update
2. Add support for Fly safe data Update .
3. Add support for Log Export
4. Add support for Calibration
5. Add support for Simulator *********
【Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller 】
1. Add support for Firmware Update
2. Add support for Log Export

When I look at the simulation download page there is nothing about the Mavic Air 2 in any of the sections.

Whats cooking?

2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mettauk, it refers to the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2, when you connect Mavic Air 2 to the DJI Assistant 2, there will be a simulator section within the DJI Assistant 2.
It is not referring to the Flight Simulator software. The Flight Simulator software doesn't support Mavic Air 2 as of the moment, thank you for your attention.
2020-8-26
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-26 23:00
Hi Mettauk, it refers to the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2, when you connect Mavic Air 2 to the DJI Assistant 2, there will be a simulator section within the DJI Assistant 2.
It is not referring to the Flight Simulator software. The Flight Simulator software doesn't support Mavic Air 2 as of the moment, thank you for your attention.

Thank you for clarifying that.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mettauk Posted at 8-27 01:29
Thank you for clarifying that.

You're welcome.
2020-8-27
Use props
Bradone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42123 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-26 23:00
Hi Mettauk, it refers to the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2, when you connect Mavic Air 2 to the DJI Assistant 2, there will be a simulator section within the DJI Assistant 2.

Is DJI GOING TO UPDATE THE FLIGHT SIMULATOR TO INCLUDE THE DJI MAVIC AIR 2? (sorry caps)
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_zcdKCXTYJ3lz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35030 ft
United States

I just picked up a Mavic Air 2 and was hoping to be able to use the controller with DJI Flight Simulator, which I did not know about until yesterday.  Since it's the only DJI drone that I currently have, what is the best solution for a controller to use with the simulator since it sounds like the  Mavic Air 2 remote is not compatible with the software at this time?  Also, any hints as to when we might get Mavic Air 2 added to the Flight Simulator?  Without any side sensors, it would be nice to get some great manual operation practice on this thing.
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bradone Posted at 9-21 15:44
Is DJI GOING TO UPDATE THE FLIGHT SIMULATOR TO INCLUDE THE DJI MAVIC AIR 2? (sorry caps)

Hi, Bradone, sorry to tell that there is no plan for including the Mavic Air 2 to support the Flight simulator. Thank you for your attention.
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_zcdKCXTYJ3lz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35030 ft
United States

Boooooooo!   Lol.  I am pretty new to the drone scene, but I have to admit I was really surprised there is not any real trainers/simulators on any of the common gaming platforms.  Xbox, Playstation, Apple Arcade... nothing?
2020-10-1
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does seem almost neglegent that DJI don't include practice software with very expensive new drones, especially as the practice/training software already exists.
So Boooooo agreed
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules