I dont suppose this works any better with android?
1111 9 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363661 ft
United States

Does this work any better with android phones or does use the same app as the osmo 3 and have the same limitations/shortcomings?
2020-8-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's mainly the limitations of Android that cause the problems with Android.  Phone manufacturers add all sorts of stuff for which Android as such doesn't provide as standard, and unless phone manufacturers co-operate in handing over the necessary code to enable full access to their camera features, there's not much that DJI can do about it.
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Mobile 4 has a wide range of mobile device compatibility and rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2020-8-26
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
how about the aspect ratio in photo mode on Android? Still 4: 3 or now finally 16: 9?
2020-8-26
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-26 19:03
It's mainly the limitations of Android that cause the problems with Android.  Phone manufacturers add all sorts of stuff for which Android as such doesn't provide as standard, and unless phone manufacturers co-operate in handing over the necessary code to enable full access to their camera features, there's not much that DJI can do about it.

Come on, that’s not strictly true, apps like Filmicpro manage to add most features, DJI can’t even add saving to SD card or a smooth zoom on android..
2020-8-26
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Krause31 Posted at 8-26 21:31
Hello,
how about the aspect ratio in photo mode on Android? Still 4: 3 or now finally 16: 9?

For photos use the one of your mobile or a Third app it works very well with the osmo. Except you won't have the smart features anymore, but in photography there's no need for them ;)
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-26 19:03

there are 3rd party camera apps that manage to do the things that osmo app does not do. so its clearly possible.
2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 21:24
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Mobile 4 has a wide range of mobile device compatibility and rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

this link does not work.
2020-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. I am sorry that this link posted is not working and thank you  for the reply. Kindly please try this link for you to be able to see the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en1.pdf

2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 22:36
Hi there. I am sorry that this link posted is not working and thank you  for the reply. Kindly please try this link for you to be able to see the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en1.pdf

So it looks like it basically supports the same options as with osmo 3 - i didnt see any of the 60fps recording options listed on that pdf.
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules