New Drone, Gimbal Disconnected, SD card N/A, FW error but says 100%
1101 9 2020-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Love Drones 54
lvl.1
United States

Hi Folks.  New Mavic Pro Platinum.  I watched all the videos from DJI.  First thing is to upgrade FW - RIGHT?.  I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 on Windows 10. I do not know if I installed as Administrator or not. Here is a brief recap of what happened next.
1.  Upgrade to V01.04.0500.  Download, Transmitting, Updating - Failed at 40%. Update Failed. Then when I try to upload error log - it goes back and says 100%.  However next time I tried it still showed Up Grade needed. I have done many FW updates and I have never seen this.  This update failed 7 times, yes I shut everything down, restarted same results.  Yes I deleted and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2.  Yes I used 1 Desk Top computer and 2 different Laptops.  All failed at 40 %, then magically showed 100%.
2.  Gimbal shows Disconnected.  However upon Drone start up, the Gimbal moves up, down, left, right, the camera zoom or focus (not sure which one it is) moves clockwise then counter clockwise, the camera shows video fine of both I Phone or Droid using DJI Go 4,  How can the Gimbal be disconnected but still initialize?
3.  Status of SD card.  Controller shows no SD card icon or indication, DJI Go 4 shows SD card N/A.  Yes I formatted SD card FAT32.  Yes I used 2 different SD cards.  Both farmatted FAT32.
4.  Yes I upgraded the FW in the Controller also.  It upgraded just fine first time.
I really wish I had done a test flight BEFORE upgrading, but I did not.
Remember please this is right out of the BOX.  See picture

Thanks Folks

2020-8-27
Use props
Love Drones 54
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-27 13:00
Personally I never update until I've flown a bird & know how it performs on the original firmware. Perhaps you had the misfortune of receiving a lemon?   May have to send it back for exchange.

Thank you.  Good idea.  But this was my first DJI drone and all my research indicated that the first thing a person should do is to insure that the latest Firmware is installed.  Even the DJI folks do not suggest flying before updating in their instructional Videos for updating firmware.   
Anyway thanks again Sir.
2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused with your new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. With regards to this concern. May I know was the firmware updated using the DJI Assistant 2 from this link? If the issue persists using this version of the DJI Assistant 2. It would be best to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Thank you.
2020-8-28
Use props
Love Drones 54
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-28 08:34
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused with your new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. With regards to this concern. May I know was the firmware updated using the DJI Assistant 2 from this link? If the issue persists using this version of the DJI Assistant 2. It would be best to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Thank you.

Thank you.  To answer your question, Yes that web address is where I downloaded assistant 2.
And right now and I submitting my drone for repair.
Which I really do not want to do.  I only wish there were more repair centers for DJI around the US.  But it is what it is.  Thanks to all, I am sending it in for repair.  Out of the Box Failure.  So sad and disappointing.
2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Love Drones 54 Posted at 8-28 09:13
Thank you.  To answer your question, Yes that web address is where I downloaded assistant 2.
And right now and I submitting my drone for repair.
Which I really do not want to do.  I only wish there were more repair centers for DJI around the US.  But it is what it is.  Thanks to all, I am sending it in for repair.  Out of the Box Failure.  So sad and disappointing.

You are more than welcome Love Drones 54. I do apologize for the trouble. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you ran the DJI-Assistand as admin? Did you charge all batts above 50% Do you have a stable network at home? Was the upgrade not been disturbed?
2020-8-29
Use props
Love Drones 54
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 8-29 00:58
Did you ran the DJI-Assistand as admin? Did you charge all batts above 50% Do you have a stable network at home? Was the upgrade not been disturbed?

Sir, thanks for the reply.  To answer your questions....all answers are Yes.
Appreciate the thoughts
2020-8-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Do you have any success yet with upgrading FW on AC and RC ?  Could you refresh any parts of FW yet?
2020-8-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

There is the official link to DJI Assistant. I hope that helps you.
2020-9-1
Use props
Love Drones 54
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 9-1 23:55
There  is the official link to DJI Assistant. I hope that helps you.

Latest update.  I sent the Drone in for repair.  DJI is repairing it this week - due to ship maybe Friday 9-04-2020.  They did not say what was the issue.  Oh well.  As long as it works when I get it back - I will be happy.

Thanks again to all the replies.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules