Would be nice if DJI came out with a phone case
5800 10 2020-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrins
lvl.4
United States

With an integrated magnetic mount built in it. Could be more flush with the back. Or maybe a 3rd party will come out with one. I also wonder if the case part is metal and the magnet part is on the OM 4. Because some cases, like Evutec have a round metal plate inside the back for attaching to their mounts. Would be really nice if that worked with the OM 4. I plan on trying this out when mine arrives.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi darrins, thank you very much for your support to OM 4. Regarding your suggestion about the phone case, I will note it down and forward it to our engineers to notice. Thank you for your suggestion.
2020-8-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Yea 3rd party or DJI could make phone cases directly supporting OM4.
2020-8-27
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

good idea but hard to set up far too many different brands and phones.
2020-8-28
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

It's easier to release a clamp for bigger phones than a phone case.  I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max and all my cases are useless.  The clamp is not big enough and I refuse to use my phone unprotected.  I'm considering returning the OM4.  I'm hoping that more people express their concerns and DJI comes out with a solution.  
2020-9-15
Use props
KontiKonsumi
lvl.2

Germany

I also think DJI has to offer a solution for people with cases on their phones.... I dont want to put my 1000 Dollar phone unprotected onto the gimbal... No good case is really working with OM4 as all cases are too thick...
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent suggestion
2020-10-21
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a good idea for phone cases, but I get the point that there are lots of brands and sizes out there. Here is my solution, although I have struggled with the instructions from DJI. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and here is a photo of what I have done using a RhinoShield Bumper Case (Amazon).

I carefully placed the black sticker onto the holder first (it's an exact fit), then positioned the holder onto the phone using the template. It's curing now, under a heavy book for the 12 hours specified and so far, seems to be a solid fix.

IMHO it looks much better than using the larger transparent sticker as well.  

2020-10-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update - the black sticker was a flop. So, I'm hoping I caught it in time to be applied on a transparent sticker (not as clean in appearance). Will know for sure when I test it in the morning.
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_iP90zssTjycI
New

Australia

Great tips and also check about cleaning case of phones
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_iP90zssTjycI
New

United States

i also tried many oil soaps but got it better after this guide clean phone case https://cleanerprofy.com/how-to-clean-a-goat-case/
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules