494 11 2020-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filmpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26847976 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi there.  I have a fairly new Phantom 4 Pro battery (about 40 charges) that has been giving trouble. It is showing the incorrect percentage on the battery, and also on the LED indicators on the battery, compared to the voltage. It shows that the battery is full on LED but the voltage of the cells are different, could be way lower.  It also sometimes starts up by itself, but no errors in the DJI Go 4 app.  I would like to know if it's possible to reload the firmware on the battery, to an earlier or even the same version, as a troubleshooting step.  Unfortunately it is on the latest firmware so I don't see how I can do this for the battery, although it is of course possible for the transmitter/controller and aircraft fw.
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome filmpilot , can you post a pic of Batteries status in the app?
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

It is showing an incorrect percentage on the battery in your other Phantom 4 ?
Make sure the battery contacts are clean
2020-8-28
Use props
filmpilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

The battery is full at the moment as I charged it yesterday, I will discharge it now and take some screenshots from the App and from the LED indicators on the battery itself as it drains.  Sometimes it also powers up by itself, whether it's in the drone or loose.  Been acting up weird, mostly want to know if I can force the reload of the firmware, to the same or older version.  I have a previous thread.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=185520

Will revert with my findings soon.  Thanks for your message JetSam!
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

This is for Rc

2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Try also Via Pc or Mac with Dji assistant 2 , here is the link :

https://www.dji.com/es/downloads ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
2020-8-28
Use props
filmpilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

JetSam Posted at 8-28 04:37
Try also Via Pc or Mac with Dji assistant 2 , here is the link :

https://www.dji.com/es/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom

Thanks I've tried this already . There is no option to reload the battery firmware in DJI Assistant or from the phone, hence my question, if anyone knows if there's another way to force it
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

the battery firmware update will come after having updated or outdated the firmware of the aircraft and radio control
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

then you are up to date , other thing is you try downgrade the firmware ..
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

i think this is a battery problem . nothing to do with Firmwares or softwares
2020-8-28
Use props
filmpilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

JetSam Posted at 8-28 04:41
i think this is a battery problem . nothing to do with Firmwares or softwares

Thank you I believe it's a battery problem also, but was hoping by reloading the firmware it might solve the problem.  I doubt that the battery firmware will downgrade if you downgrade the aircraft and controller's firmwares, but it's worth a try to test, great idea, i never really paid attention to the fw version of the battery after downgrading, but I have a feeling it will stay current and you can't rollback. but let's see.
2020-8-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

filmpilot Posted at 8-28 04:46
Thank you I believe it's a battery problem also, but was hoping by reloading the firmware it might solve the problem.  I doubt that the battery firmware will downgrade if you downgrade the aircraft and controller's firmwares, but it's worth a try to test, great idea, i never really paid attention to the fw version of the battery after downgrading, but I have a feeling it will stay current and you can't rollback. but let's see.

try putting that battery in your other phantom 4 .... if nothing changes, it is a battery problem

Make sure the battery contacts are clean  ...
2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules