2010 23 2020-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcolo38
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7992 ft
France

I fly with Mavic Mini and is my first Mavic

Yesterday i was flying my Mavic Mini and everything strart really well, after calibration of compas and all pre fly chek up i started to fly and everything was normal.

After couple of minutes of fly the drone strart to move really strange and was not able to control it, the drone did not reply to any of my imput, so i decided to use the RTH option to try to get the drone back, but suddenly the drone strart to fly on the oposite direction to RHT and after couple of seconds the remote lost conextion with the drone. Inmediatly i took my car and follow the drone but not conextion with the drone until couple of minutes later that the drone was already on the ocean, i tried to take control again and bring it back but unfortunatly the drone did not take any of inputs until the baterry was finish and the drone was lost on the middle of the ocean

I'd like to know if it is possible to get a refund from DJI due this terrible incident and the consequent lossit caused

I add my flight data here, so if someone can help me to review it and see that even taking actions the drone did not take any actions

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/B05I8TD36BZ86JYUS8MM/

Many thanks

Martin

2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Martin, I'm sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-8-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Marcolo,

Had a look at your flight.

Do you know wich way the front of your MM as heading at takeoff?
If i look at your data than i think it was pointing towards the house (so North), and after take off your right roll input moved the craft along the house to the east.

But heading data in the log shows different values.

If you like post your DAT file (FLY064.DAT; on your mobile device as well) in the cloud somewhere and post a link to that on here.
So i think it is a compass induced fly away at the start of this flight.Your correcting action was fully forward but in the chart you can see that drone heading is East so fully forward is making more speed in the move direction.
So or your correction was wrong or the heading data in the log is wrong, i go for the last one.

In the RTH mode MM was pointing towards home but moved the opposite direction, must be the head wind.

cheers
JJB

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-8-29
Use props
Marcolo38
lvl.1
France

JJB* Posted at 8-29 01:11
Hi Marcolo,

Had a look at your flight.

Hi JJB,

Thank you very much for your answer

I took off east, but not know why the log show north direction. I did not get any message from the drone about the wind on the fly and when RTH the drone suddenly flew on the completely opposite direction and suddenly lost connection with the remote and after run with the car after it was already on the ocean.

Sorry I´m very new on it, but i could not find the data you need on the phone, do you know how i can access it?

Thank you very much in advance for you answer and support

Marcolo
2020-8-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Marcolo38 Posted at 8-29 01:51
Hi JJB,

Hi,

DAT file is on your mobile device, one level below the flightrecord ; look for MCDatFlightRecords.

Most important part of the Pre flight check is to check if the drone compass is indicating the same heading as the actual heading.  Do this in the map view, compare arrow pointing to the actual setting.
As the map view is by default N top on the screen, this is an easy check.
But takeoff east is in the log so your compass is oke than.
RTH height was set to 50 meters, so in RTH mode MM climbed to this height, too much head more wind at 5o meters, MM could not fight the wind.
Before flying at 50 meters distance did not change much, sometimes even just in hover with MM pitch down 17 degrees.

So just too much wind for your MM.

At the end in Sport mode with no RC input your MM drifted backward with 7 m/s, 15 degrees nose down. Guess the wind was approx 10 - 15 m/s there.

In the chart some spikes, one record a ClickGo for a flight mode....must be a conversion error in the log to csv.

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
2020-8-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Amazing... how can you even DARE to ask a refund from DJI !?

You should wear sackcloth and ashes for not observing anything else but your business.

You flew in a 14 m/s wind with gusts of 16 m/s, far beyond the drone capability.
Had you followed the WARNINGs past the 1min. mark nothing would have happened.
You had the opportunity to select Land for Signal loss and bring the drone down no matter what for almost 5 minutes, which you never did.
I am wondering if you set your RTH according to your environment, I assume not... otherwise a simple finger stuck in the air would have suggested it wasn't a day to fly at all... no need to check the wind forecast for such an adverse weather condition.

I am saddened for another Mavic Mini lost without faults of its own, littering the ocean floor.

2020-8-29
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

m80116 Posted at 8-29 02:36

You should wear sackcloth and ashes for not observing anything else but your business.

"Amazing... how can you even DARE to ask a refund from DJI !?"

Mmm ... this wasn't anything else than a classical BlowAway. But no need to be so condemning ... remember the flood of blown away Mini's in the end of last year, he's not alone to be ignorant when it comes to drones.

But yeah, the winds even at ground level should have been a clear indicator ... Below the winds in the flight. Way above what a Mini can handle, furthermore the flight path was directly with the wind direction meaning that no warning signs should have been felt until trying to get back to HP.

The Mini's max speed in sport mode is 13m/s ... but not even that was enough in this flight. The drift speeds was fluctuating between 1,3 to 6m/s depending on being in Sport or in RTH mode. The last reading from the log way out over the sea said drifting at 1,3m/s in the wind direction.

The log is filled with wind warnings like this ... Viento fuerte. La aeronave no puede volver al punto de origen automáticamente. Desciende inmediatamente y regresa manualmente al punto de origen. (Strong wind. The aircraft cannot return to the point of origin automatically. It descends immediately and returns manually to the point of origin.)

In the end of the log a lot of overload & voltage warnings is issued which result in this message being written out in the log: A MUY BAJA. AERONAVE ATERRIZANDO AUTOM (TO VERY LOW. AIRCRAFT LANDING AUTOM)

2020-8-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

slup Posted at 8-29 03:20
"Amazing... how can you even DARE to ask a refund from DJI !?"

Mmm ... this wasn't anything else than a classical BlowAway. But no need to be so condemning ... remember the flood of blown away Mini's in the end of last year, he's not alone to be ignorant when it comes to drones.

When flying you should NOT be that ignorant. You can take your risks... but that is NOT risk management, that is utterly reckless flight.

It isn't just naive ignorance... Not only self-inflicted damage but also damage inflicted to the environment since another relic is littering the ocean's floor. I won't have you a lecture about property damage or personal injury... who cares right ?

But asking DJI for a refund I believe is already insulting enough. It's either you can't understand simple environmental factors like the wind (or temperature for that matter, which we all are dependent upon) or simply IGNORE them deliberately and you've even got the nerve of asking a refund.

I didn't ask for anything when I've LOST my Mini because the Fly app is coded with feet and my USB OTG cable was faulty... not only that... all my USB cables are FAULTY, and the RC USB receptacle is of such a lousy quality.
2020-8-29
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Marcolo38 Posted at 8-29 01:51
Hi JJB,

You should read the manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Before you fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020-8-29
Use props
Marcolo38
lvl.1
France

JJB* Posted at 8-29 02:07
Hi,

DAT file is on your mobile device, one level below the flightrecord ; look for MCDatFlightRecords.
Hi JJB,

I did a pre flick compass check and also was not wind on surface at the moment of take off. The problem occur when RTH did not work and suddenly disconnect the drone and not more option for maneuver until the drone was on the sea

I had a look at the file you told me but there is no information, is another way to find it?

Thank you very much for your support

Marcolo38

2020-8-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Marcolo38 Posted at 8-29 04:58
Hi JJB,

I did a pre flick compass check and also was not wind on surface at the moment of take off

Oops., sometimes DAT files are removed when syncing with DJI servers.....
I always download my flightlog and DAT files to my PC before syncing with DJI.

But DAT not so important now as the reason for loosing your MM was just the wind!

cheers
JJB
2020-8-29
Use props
Marcolo38
lvl.1
France

JJB* Posted at 8-29 05:48
Oops., sometimes DAT files are removed when syncing with DJI servers.....
I always download my flightlog and DAT files to my PC before syncing with DJI.

Thanks for your support

What was the problem for the disconnection with the remote? Because is when I could not take any more actions

Thanks

Marcolo
2020-8-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Marcolo38 Posted at 8-29 05:53
Thanks for your support

What was the problem for the disconnection with the remote? Because is when I could not take any more actions

No idea, but MM uses wifi and this signal can be disturbed by other signals.

After 1 minute in flight this error " Viento fuerte. La aeronave no puede volver al punto de origen automticamente. Desciende inmediatamente y regresa manualmente al punto de origen. (Code: 30149). Advertencia de fuertes vientos. 120596Viento fuerte. La aeronave no puede volver al punto de origen automticamente. Desciende inmediatamente y regresa manualmente al punto de origen.!l"

So at that point you knew that in case of a RTH due to signal lost ; you would loose your MM.
You decided to continue to fly, taking the risk of loosing.

Sorry, but is is a hard and costly way to learn to fly a drone...

cheers
JJB
2020-8-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I think it's also worth mentioning since we're talking to a beginner that especially Wi-Fi signals behave like a virtual solid tether, they can't bend around objects and can't get through them. The farther you need to go, the higher you need your drone in the sky unless you have flat 0° view of azimuth on your horizon (or you're piloting from a vantage point, i.e. a point higher and with a view of the place you want to fly into).

Also worth noting MM doens't have automatic channel switching and often relies on 5.8 GHz frequency in busy home/office routers (city) environments.
2020-8-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for your support

had another look

The reason of loosing signal, see the chart.

Your signal was blocked by that 'hill'....

cheers
JJB
analysis3a.png
2020-8-29
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

Thanks for your support

"What was the problem for the disconnection with the remote?"

Well ... the main problem you had to maintain the connection to your Mini was that you let it out of unobstructed line of sight ... letting something coming in between the RC & the Mini will quickly degrade the connection.

In your case it seems to have been a hill ... nothing will penetrate that, your only possibility to keep your connection was to ascend, but that had been going up in even stronger winds. Your Mini was already doomed the moment you let it pass beyond that hill ... after that, the connection loss was a fact & the Mini was in the hands of a weak RTH speed that was way to low for the winds there.

2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Marco,i got some similar problem like you ,, but on my case i returned my Mini at the moment which the prompt was showed at the screen ,,, i didn't wait 1 minute as you ,, on my case , i tried to make rth and as soon as i did receive the prompt i canceled rth ,"helped" the Mini descending manually ,,, brought it back piloting throught the phone screen (the drone was 500m. away so i hadn't sight of it) a few meters and then i commanded rth again. Like some friends are commenting above,it was a risk do not return the Mini as soon as the prompt was on screen ... sorry your lost
2020-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 8-29 02:36

By far the biggest idiot on this platform.
2020-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just to keep you in the loop this guy m80116 is all mouth and no trousers .

THIS IDIOT ALSO LOST HIS DRONE, ONLY HE WAS MUCH MORE FOOLISH THAN YOU, AND AFRAID TO POST HIS FLIGHT LOGS. HE WENT ON TO BEG DJI TO REPLACE HIS DRONE. BUT THEY HAD MORE SENSE AND SENT HIM PACKING. And everyone else should do the same ;+)::::::
2020-8-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 8-29 11:24
Just to keep you in the loop this guy m80116 is all mouth and no trousers .

I don't argue with mentally crippled persons... but just for general information for the casual user:

Check hallmark007 David Walker background. Before you dig I can anticipate he's a known SERIAL STALKER, liar, troll and miserable person (beyond having a history of multiple bans for that). I guess he's not permanently banned from DJI Forums just because he spends a good share of money with them.

I am not afraid of such a loser... his intents are clear and he (almost) needs no presentation anymore.

BTW: your personal judgement on me is totally OFF topic.

2020-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 8-29 12:19
I don't argue with mentally crippled persons... but just for general information for the casual user:

Check hallmark007 David Walker background. Before you dig I can anticipate he's a known SERIAL STALKER, liar, troll and miserable person (beyond having a history of multiple bans for that). I guess he's not permanently banned from DJI Forums just because he spends a good share of money with them.

THE MAIN THING HERE IS THAT THE OP AND EVERYONE ELSE IS AWARE THAT YOU HAVE A SERIOUS HANG UP OVER THE FACT THAT YOU COULD NOT CONTROL YOUR DRONE AND HENCE LOST IT. A REAL STUPID ROOKIE MISTAKE, OBVIOUSLY EMBARRASSED SO YOU TRIED TO BLAME DJI, WHO IN TURN TOLD YOU TO TAKE A RUN AND JUMP AND GO BUY YOURSELF ANOTHER DRONE AND BE EXTRA CAREFUL IN THE FUTURE.
SO WHEN YOU ACCUSE OTHERS OF BEING RECKLESS, ITS IMPORTANT THEY KNOW YOU HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE AT BEING RECKLESS WITH A DRONE .....
2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Peace please....
2020-8-29
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 8-29 08:15
had another look

The reason of loosing signal, see the chart.

Very well explained JJB * .Thanks for the support.
2020-8-30
Use props
Chill Pill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 8-29 12:19

I did there's nothing h ardri unusual. Dog called Sam & Rupert the Dachund. Public photos/videos on flickr & YouTube etc meaningful date of 18/08/61 and a lot of other trivia.

Just be nice.
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules