Horrible sound with external mic on Osmo Action with CYNOVA adaper
1556 1 2020-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cab1024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23015 ft
United States

I returned my GoPro Hero8 and sold the Media Mod because the microphone would not connect reliably or utilize external battery power -- and bought the DJI Osmo Action and CYNOVA adapter. So far, I love the Osmo Action camera itself, compared to GoPro, but I simply cannot believe these are the results I got with the CYNOVA external microphone adapter. This is unacceptable.

It seems like it could be fixed fairly easily with a firmware update and/or offering manually-set recording levels as well. There are no settings to control with an external microphone plugged in. I tested this several times with more than one microphone (MOVO and Pyle lavalier mics with TRRS jacks), and increasingly buried and isolated positioning in my motorcycle helmet. All of the tests were equally horrible. The sound starts out nice but gets increasingly bad once I turn the corner and accelerate. Keep listening or start listening at about 1:40. When I slow down later the sound is bearable. Oddly the sound is better with the face shield up. At any rate, it's worthless sound and I'm sending the adapter back. I'll buy it again if this is fixed. AND IT SIMPLY MUST BE FIXED. To leave this product functioing the way it does is negligent. I thought sure I'd be buying a Mavic drone very soon. Doesn't seem like it now...

Of course any suggestions to make this work will be attempted (or attested that I've already tried that).

2020-8-28
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

i have the same exactly probem. i was stupid not to come to this forum and read if there wahere any problems. spended money on osmo, extra battery, adapter and now i can not even use it as i want.
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules