Unable to Import Mavic Air 2 Video into Adobe Premiere
8589 12 2020-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BSLugnut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10528 ft
United States

Hello, I am new to drone flying, caprturing photos and video.
So far it has been very fun and a lot to learn.

I would like to import my videos from the Mavic Air 2, but only some of the videos are unable to be imported into Adobe Premiere.

I have recorded the images on an SD Card and transfered them directly to my PC's hard drive to use.

Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 provides the error message "The importer reported a generic error."

I have a total of 21 clips that I attempted to import simultaneously and one-by-one, with no success.

The largest file is 2.93GB, while the smallest is 43mb.
Adobe Premiere successfully imported 6 files, with the largest being 106mb.

I have deleted the media cache files from Adobe, restarted the computer, but this did not resolve the issue.

I moved the files to a folder on my Desktop, to see if the location may have caused a challenge, but this did not resolve the issue either.

Being the error message is not defined, might anyone know what the issue may be?

Thank you in advance.

2020-8-29
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

I'm not sure what the error means.  I have a MA2 and have been able to edit it in Davinci Resolve without any issues.  I'm new to the MA2, so I haven't tried all of the recording formats and codecs yet.
2020-9-6
Use props
BSLugnut
lvl.2
United States

Ruzhye Posted at 9-6 08:50
I'm not sure what the error means.  I have a MA2 and have been able to edit it in Davinci Resolve without any issues.  I'm new to the MA2, so I haven't tried all of the recording formats and codecs yet.

Hello @Ruzhye,
Are you using DaVinci Resolve 16 or DaVinci Resolve Studio 16?
2020-9-11
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

BSLugnut Posted at 9-11 12:13
Hello @Ruzhye,
Are you using DaVinci Resolve 16 or DaVinci Resolve Studio 16?

I'm using Resolve 16.  It has a lot of features for a free editor.
2020-9-13
Use props
Cimbian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198655 ft
United Kingdom

Try running your videos through Handrake, a free tool. I have to do this with some of my P4PV2 footage as they are corrupted when written.
2020-9-22
Use props
Cimbian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198655 ft
United Kingdom

Try running your videos through Handbrake, a free tool. I have to do this with some of my P4PV2 footage as they are corrupted when written.
2020-9-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cimbian Posted at 9-22 02:16
Try running your videos through Handbrake, a free tool. I have to do this with some of my P4PV2 footage as they are corrupted when written.

Yeah, Handbrake is a great tool
2020-10-16
Use props
BSLugnut
lvl.2
United States

Cimbian Posted at 9-22 02:16

Thanks, I will give it a go!
2020-11-23
Use props
Benedetto65
New
Italy

hi, when i import a video of dji air 2s d-log h265 in premiere pro 2015, the program says "the file does not contain audio or video stream". How can I do? Thank you!
2021-7-9
Use props
KushalX28
New
Flight distance : 482917 ft
India

Did you find any solution yet?
2022-6-20
Use props
StephanShere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 360705 ft
United States

The main issue seems that Premier doesn't look to support the format:

http://www.pavtube.com/edit-h265-in-premiere-pro.html

Here is a post that gives further details. As others suggested using another editor should help. Handbrake is great and others recommended Resolve is amazing. We use the Studio version of it for around $300 for our commercial footage editing, which pays for itself on the first job.
2022-7-2
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 655171 ft
United States

I've been using Adobe Premier Rush to successfully import and process Mavic 3-generated files up to 10.5GB without issue. As StephanShere noted, it may be time to consider different software.
2022-8-9
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18991394 ft
United States

I'm using Adobe premiere elements19,  2019 version ,  with no problems I can import and export in 4k.
No errors to report.   Sorry I can't be of any help than saying it works for me
Capture.JPG
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules