Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought new Mini for dad. Weird controller behavior (camera button?)
723 6 2020-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jxG2YFunhce7
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone!  So I made a video to help see what's happening, wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpw3VtG7fJw

Summary:
Basically, turning on/off the controller seems to require pressing the camera (top right) button in some sequence.  Also, it likes to beep and search forever once it's powered on.  Through trial and error, I've been able to figure out a system that works 50% of the time to turn it on/off.  But obviously something seems wrong.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks!
2020-8-29
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The constant beeping is because the remote is in linking mode and waiting for a signal from the drone.
2020-8-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Funhce,

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_jxG2YFunhce7
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-30 04:38
The power on sequence is not a double click.   It's press, pause, press & hold.  Try leaving more time between the first & second press.

Something is definitely wrong with the controller,  I'm very aware how to turn it on/off.  (I have another mini that works great)

Really, my question is — is there a way to reset the Controller .. or do I need to open a support ticket?
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_jxG2YFunhce7
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-29 13:01
The constant beeping is because the remote is in linking mode and waiting for a signal from the drone.

Oh I'm aware.  But the beeping happens even if I connect to a drone.  With drone, this happens

* Turn on drone, controller (need to press camera button to do so..)
* They pair and connect
* After a few seconds, the controller starts to search/ starts beep again
2020-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Anthony . I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for posting this video as well. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of both your DJI Mavic Mini and the said remote controller then after this process please try to link both the said DJI drone to the remote for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the firmware of the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_jxG2YFunhce7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-30 22:56
Hello there Anthony . I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for posting this video as well. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of both your DJI Mavic Mini and the said remote controller then after this process please try to link both the said DJI drone to the remote for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the firmware of the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Oh that's great!  Looks like you can flash controller firmware with mac/pc app

Quick question – Do you know if the controller firmware can be flashed with the iOS app?  (I'll be remotely instructing my dad on what to do.. and iOS is more his skill-level)
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules