Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Bad Connection with short distances
2871 16 2020-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bridgepoint
lvl.1

Canada

Hi folks

I bought a mini few weeks ago and I am having issues flying as close to 200 metres getting the " loss connection " message very often and the recording is choppy randomly

I am flying in wide open areas such as parks, lakes, soccer fields, etc so not really areas of interference. (Antenas as set at 45 degrees)

I tried turning my iPhone wifi and Bluetooth off but no significant improvements.

I am running the cable outside the RC  arms to avoid kinks but also no changes.

Any suggestions folks ?

Thanks in advance
2020-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bridgepoint. I am sorry for the trouble this ha caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2020-8-30
Use props
Bridgepoint
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Stephen,

I will try an open area again away from buildings and or houses. It concerns me mainly because I had this issue in a (double) soccer field within clear and unobstructed line of sight just 150 meters away.

Thanks
2020-8-31
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Hi Bridgepoint !  avoid being near your vehicle or others when flying, this could significantly interfere
2020-8-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Avoid flying near built up areas that can interfere with the WiFi transmission
2020-9-1
Use props
finchisko
lvl.2
Slovakia

I've same problem with my second (replaced drone). Basically can not get futher then 300m with signal problems appearing as soon as 200m on open field. I think my previous drone could go much further. Will record video from DJI fly app
2020-9-1
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

MM uses enhanced WIFI not OCCUSYNC so it is prone to interferance.
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-30 23:14
Hello there Bridgepoint. I am sorry for the trouble this ha caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Hay Dj Stephen I have a question.
Mine did the same thing. I was at a local small public airport and nothing around and my mini was only 50’ away.
My question in about settings under Transmission.
When I lost my telemetry I checked and mine was in manual for frequencies so should it have been in auto.  Could that make any difference. I don’t know what channe or frequency l it was in when it was in/ on or using manual.. Hope I explained that right.
Doug
2020-9-14
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
United States

If it is in manual and on the wrong channel, it WILL cause interference. I leave mine on auto. You also mentioned it was by an Airport. Does the drone let you fly there?
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_YOZoFpdlWBla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

AMIR_king Posted at 9-15 04:55
If it is in manual and on the wrong channel, it WILL cause interference. I leave mine on auto. You also mentioned it was by an Airport. Does the drone let you fly there?

In my situation the airport is a small grass runway airport with no tower assistance.
Their is a RC club that flys their all the time.
They do require an  observer and if their are any private planed in area it is required to put all RC planes and Drones down. All aircraft have the right away. Just common sense.
It is just a warning FAA area with no permission required.
Doug
2020-9-15
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

When I fly my Mini from home, I can get Wifi interference and loss of signal within a couple hundred yards in certain directions and times of the day.  Other directions, I can do farther (my record is just under 4,200 feet).  That was one specific direction and a time of day when I expected very few people would be using their WiFi.  I am in a suburban area with mostly single family homes and a few apartment buildings.

(Antenas as set at 45 degrees)

As the video DJI Stephan posted says, 45 degrees likely is not the ideal arrangement in most cases.
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
United States

I agree with K6CCC, 45 degrees isnt always best. Hopefully you can get better range.
2020-9-15
Use props
Bridgepoint
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks everyone.

I am flying with my network, wifi and Bluetooth disconnected and seems to be a bit better.

I just ordered a range extender to see if improves.

Right now I am not too happy about its performance

I will keep you folks updated.

Thanks again
2020-9-15
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
United States

I would recommend yagis, however parabolic sets DO work quite well.
2020-9-15
Use props
Bridgepoint
lvl.1

Canada

AMIR_king Posted at 9-15 04:55
If it is in manual and on the wrong channel, it WILL cause interference. I leave mine on auto. You also mentioned it was by an Airport. Does the drone let you fly there?

I leave mine into auto as well. (No I am not flying close to airports)

Cheers
2020-9-17
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

Bridgepoint Posted at 9-17 10:08
I leave mine into auto as well. (No I am not flying close to airports)

Cheers

Hi, that other post was meant for another person who was flying near an airport. Do you have the FCC model?
2020-9-17
Use props
djiuser_7Wx37Yj7RBos
New
United States

I fly my drone from my backyard about 70-100 feet up around my neighborhood and get bad connections. I also go to a park, or empty parking lot and still get bad connection. I used to go 800 feet without losing connection in my neighborhood and now I can't even go 300 feet away without losing connection. I've spent $500 on this drone and I really want a refund if I can't get the 2 miles as advertised.
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules