Terrible firmware upgrade
3423 9 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I haven't been keeping up with the forums of late, so when my crystalsky hi bright 7.5 prompted me to upgrade a week ago, I did so happily. Yesterday, I flew a job for a UK broadcaster, and at times it was embarrassing. No maps would cache, even though my iPhone was working perfectly as a personal WiFi hotspot, and the video feed was a joke - dropped frames, color changing as if I was flying in auto-exposure - it was a mess. The previous week, it was a precision flying tool, now it's become a professional liability. Is there any cure? Can I roll back the software version successfully? The only other 3rd party software I use is Litchi, don't care about being able to install anything else.
2020-8-30
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Unfortunately no way back... typical DJI Chinese dis-"service" to kick their (past) customers in the b4ll5...
Why would you install that malware labeled as firmware "upgrade" on a business UAV before the reviews about it???!!!
Remember, anything coming out of china is garbage in one way or another...
2020-8-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-3
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Wow
2020-9-18
Use props
Bassie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Netherlands

I have the same question, make it work please otherwise it is a worthless expensive device
2020-9-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I wish you had read this forum before you did it. Really sorry this happened to you! You can expect zero help from DJI on this one. They are terrible at customer service. Hang in there, somebody may hack the thing and get it to work correctly.
2020-9-23
Use props
sjd666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

I’m really thinking of getting a iPhone 12 pro max, bigger screen plus 1000 nits and scrap my 5.5 CrystalSky, then as least I’ll get updates.
2020-10-11
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve always thought that if apple made hi brightness devices, I’d use one of those in a heartbeat over my Crystal Sky..
2020-10-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

sjd666 Posted at 10-11 03:47
I’m really thinking of getting a iPhone 12 pro max, bigger screen plus 1000 nits and scrap my 5.5 CrystalSky, then as least I’ll get updates.

That's pathetic after you spent a heck of a lot of money on this thing. This is exactly what I am talking about. These guys at DJI would be screaming if they had to spend their own money to replace a unit that was supposed to work.  
At the least, DJI should make available older firmware. It's our tablet, let us do what we want with it!
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

{:4_141: Great
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules