Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi All,

I have a DT7/DR16 kit and have recently installed it along with the following hardware:

- Naza-M
- H3-3D gimbal with GCU v2.

Everything works correctly but the problem I'm having is that the shoulder wheel for gimbal control fixes the gimbal position at 45 degrees. When you push up on the wheel the gimbal moves up, as expected, to fully forward and and when you pull down on the wheel the gimbal pitches all the way down.

The problem is that the gimbal doesn't maintain position. As soon as you release the gimbal wheel on the DT7, the gimbal returns to 45 degrees. This makes flying very difficult in FPV mode and makes framing shots jumping and unreliable if you have to keep a finger on the gimbal wheel at all times.

Does anyone know how I can reset / reconfigure the the shoulder wheel on the DT7 to work more like the Inpsire 1 / Phantom 3 shoulder wheel, where the position of the gimbal is adjusted but then stays fixed?

Thanks!

-d

2015-6-22
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So for anyone who stumbles onto this thread, here is the answer from what I can tell:

- The only way this works properly is with a Phantom 2. With a Phantom 2 using the "Phantom 2 Assisant" you can set the gimbal tilt channel to "Upgrade mode", which makes the shoulder mounted gimbal wheel work like the Inspire 1 / Phantom 3. Push to change position, release to hold position.

- If you're using a Phantom 1 or any straight up NAZA based aircraft (F550, etc) you're out of luck. There is no way to make the shoulder wheel work in any way other than fixed position mode, which is basically useless.

- The only working solution is to disassemble the DT7 transmitter (4 screws on the back) and then remove the spring mechanism in the shoulder wheel that returns it to centre position (two screws to remove the gimbal wheel and then a third screw to remove the wheel from the housing. Remove the spring then re-assemble). Once this is done, the wheel still functions as a fixed-position wheel, but it no longer snaps back to centre. It has enough tension without the spring to hold position under normal use as far as I've been able to test.

Again not a perfect solution but DJI isn't providing "upgrade mode" to the NAZA-M v2 / Zenmuse Assistant directly as far as I can tell, so this is about the only way to solve this problem using the DT7.
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules