Lost Drone
835 6 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dibby8
New
United Kingdom

While hiking in Snowdonia I flew my Mavic Air 2 while foggy and the drone would not come back as it saw the fog as ground.  Tried switching to sport mode but still would not respond, it then decided it was grouns and landed in mid air!  It fell out of the fog while trying to restart its motors and landed down an unclimbable face.  Has anyone had this before?  Also can you buy a drone body only?

Simon
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_kysbJwTgBw9q
New

United States

Following!

Im in the same situation.  My drone set down in 50 feet of water.   Hope to replace just the drone, since I still have the controller, extra propellors etc.  
2020-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there Simon. I'm sorry about the accident. Please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause if the drone is under warranty. And we will provide you with the corresponding offer based on the analysis result.

Welcome to DJI Support
2020-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_kysbJwTgBw9q Posted at 8-30 05:40
Following!

Im in the same situation.  My drone set down in 50 feet of water.   Hope to replace just the drone, since I still have the controller, extra propellors etc.

Hi. Sorry to know about the incident. Please refer to my reply with Simon.

Hope this helps. Thank you.
2020-8-30
Use props
Dibby8
New
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 8-30 07:38
Hi there Simon. I'm sorry about the accident. Please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause if the drone is under warranty. And we will provide you with the corresponding offer based on the analysis result.

Welcome to DJI Support

As detailed in the post my drone is up the mountain and so I would not be able to sent it in.  
2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dibby8 Posted at 8-31 07:01
As detailed in the post my drone is up the mountain and so I would not be able to sent it in.

Hi, again. If there's no way to retrieve the unit and it is within the warranty period, kindly get in touch with our Contact Support to open a ticket so we can start with the Data Analysis.
2020-8-31
Use props
studfarm86
lvl.2
United States

Yeah you gotta be careful flying in fog.  I've had this happen before.  It thinks thick fog is the ground.
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules