Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bunch of issues with my second-hand spark
684 3 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Piranowski
lvl.1

Poland

Hello!

For past month and a half I had a lot of fun with my spark I bought from it's orginal user. So much in fact, I also bought mavic mini after being impressed with DJI products (Also used, but in mint condition - no issues so far). At the beggining I had some problems with OTG connection but solved them quite easly after some googling. Also I had some gimbal overload errors and the camera often got stuck around 45° but it also turned out to be an issue of some dirt in gimbal mechanisms and now it works great.

Yet, there are still some issues I could not find any solutions and it's litteraly third or fourth day I'm going through forum posts and reddit. While I can fly around manually and use quick shots with no problem I'd like my drone to be 100% operational but I run out of ideas. Here are my issues:

1. No obstacle avoidance - Spark doesn't react to anything in front of him. There is no beeping, no radar bar/distance readout in the app since the day 1 I got it - I did everything I could including cleaning all lenses, downgrading and upgrading firmware and reset through dji assistant 2. I went again through dji go 4 settings trying bunch of combinations. I played with sport mode switch, modes and still nothing so please don't suggest any simple solutions like "change mode to sport and back". There is no "radar" bar and no distance reading in app. The drone doesn't beep. There is solid white icon of obstacle avoidance working yet I could fly it into the wall. In tracking mode it ignores obstacles and it few times almost crashed into trees. I have suspiction that orginal user used hacked dji assistant 2 to somehow turn off obstacle avoidance completely on firmware level but I'm not sure it's even possible. I talked with him and he mentioned turning off the obstacle avoidance and using hacked software - I deduct those two may be connected, but I need to be sure before I bother the guy so long after the purchase. Also the "radar" bar briefly flashed few times on the screen but nothing more than that. Issue is the same with and without proppeler protectors (Yes, I put them on right way). And I'm quite sure it's not app issue because I recently changed phone from samsung j5 to redmi note 9 pro and it's the same - no OA readouts yet the settings are green and indicator solid white.

2. Altitute hold after start - It seems I got the common "nyut-nyut" problem, as drone is more than 3 years old. I plan to clean the spark as reccomended in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=220364 I just want to be sure if that's only thing I can fix inside the spark while I open it.

3. Gesture mode issues (mainly palm land) - (I wonder if those are connected to obstacle avoidance issues.) Palm launch works ok, although drone often falls down and hovers around 30 cm from ground (I believe it may be connected to nyut-nyut issue) and to use other gestures I need to manually get it higher with RC so it returns to eye level and tracks again. "Palm control","Away and follow", "Beacon" and "seflie" all work good or at least ok. Spark doesn't have any issue with following me and taking photos but when idle it tends to drift and fly up and down. Also when following there is of course no obstacle avoidance and it's kinda risky near the trees... The "Palm land" is the most broken and so far I had no sucess. I tried evey possible combination and lighting conditions but when putting palm under the spark it briefly flashes yellow, flashes green once and then goes to red with no reaction. It completely ignores me, sometimes flying higher and loosing "eye contact with me". Today I was able to get it to palm land once when the battery was low and it started beeping but I don't know if it was actually palm land or some kind of well executed emergency landing.

4. Emergency stop not working - At this point I'm used to grabbing my mavic mini directly from air and turning it off by 90° tilt - It's safe, convenient and ensures drone doesn't get damaged. I was happy to find that spark has same function but it doesn't seem to work for me - After grabbing it from the air and tilting it's giving more power to the engines and continues to try to level and fly away. It stoped once or twice after really long 90° hold but more often it almost ended in my fingers being chopped up. There is no indication in the internet anyone had such issue so this one really baffles me. Actually this and palm landing may be the most importnat fuctions for me to sort out right now.

Sorry for long post but right now I'm really puzzled and I have suspiction those issues are so unique local service centers won't be able to repair the drone... I don't know if it would be even worth it to send it anywhere abroad. If You know anything that could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

PS: Should pairing of RC with AC be removed after factory settings reset? Mine is still connected and it doesn't make sense as it seems not all settings are actually reset, only some.

2020-8-30
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

As for point 4: that's it how I turn it off when catching the Spark. Works flawlessly. It really seems that someone has tweaked with the Sparks firmware, which could explain your other troubles too.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Spark using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. If issue still persists, please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Thank you.
2020-9-2
Use props
Piranowski
lvl.1

Poland

At this point I've sucessfully refreshed my firmware twice or trice and all the issues persist so that's not it. I've just sent an email to support.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules