Livestream to Facebook Business Page RTMPS
790 2 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garett McD
lvl.1

United States

I'm using DJIGo4 v. 4.3.37 and am trying to livestream to a page that I manage, not my personal page. I can livestream to my personal page just fine, but can't stream to a page that I mange.

I've set up a scheduled livestream in the FB page so I could get a custom RTMP but facebook only uses RTMPS which doesn't seem to work with DJIGO4? I entered the rtmps but it just says "connecting" forever.

Anyone know how to make this work?
2020-8-30
Use props
greg.k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2633698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you're using IOS, you will be out of luck... because the custom RTMP field is currently borked. DJI have been made aware, but there has been no detail as to when or if they will fix the bug.
Now onto your specific question. You want to do RTMPS. I am not sure if it works directly from the GO app, due to the bug. But hypothetically, if you COULD set a custom rtmp url, you could try making it a RTMPS url.

If that fails, you would need an external third party tool on a server to act as a RTMP proxy, and redirect that via STUNNEL to create the encryption layer. I actually do this for non drone related stuff all the time, and it works quite well.

Either way, we need the primary bug fixed before this will work for you...
2020-12-10
Use props
Garett McD
lvl.1

United States

greg.k Posted at 12-10 12:51
If you're using IOS, you will be out of luck... because the custom RTMP field is currently borked. DJI have been made aware, but there has been no detail as to when or if they will fix the bug.
Now onto your specific question. You want to do RTMPS. I am not sure if it works directly from the GO app, due to the bug. But hypothetically, if you COULD set a custom rtmp url, you could try making it a RTMPS url.

Hey Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I'm using Android and it appears the custom RTMP field is 'borked' on that as well. It's been a while since I retried to broadcast to the page, so maybe they updated it recently.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules