Gimbal tilt wheel does not tilt camera
1540 7 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Makitae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8619 ft
New Zealand

Recently had my Phantom 4 Remote controller replaced due to a charging issue. I have paired the remote to the drone correctly and updated the firmware.
If I push the C1 button, the camera will pitch down and if I press it again, it will pitch up. When I use the Gimble tilt wheel, the camera pans left or right. It used to tilt up or down prior to having the remote replaced, so this is a new problem.

Things I have done:
  • Rebooted the drone
  • Rebooted the Remote controller
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the app
  • Updated the firmware
  • Read many support forum threads.

If I were to take a stab at it, I would say that the problem resulted from the firmware update. So what does DJI say?

2020-8-30
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

i would try a remote calibration (sticks ) , then in the aircraft do a gimbal calibration, hope it help !

2020-8-30
Use props
Mr Makitae
lvl.1
New Zealand

JetSam Posted at 8-30 23:29
i would try a remote calibration (sticks ) , then in the aircraft do a gimbal calibration, hope it help !

I have flown the drone. Stick control is all good. Functions normally. Up-down, left-right, working well. Even shutting down props as per normal.
Why I suggest that the gimbal tilt wheel and gimbal itself are firmware related. is that function seems crisscrossed; in other words, you could say its an addressing issue, triggering the wrong motor function.
Usually moving the left stick left or right, moved the camera slightly, But the wheel gave me 0-90 degrees of tilt. But hey, thanks for the reply.
2020-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video of the said issue for better assistance. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-1
Use props
Mr Makitae
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-1 06:51
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide a short sample video of the said issue for better assistance. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/--1aCFM4wj8  <--- the video you requested
2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mr Makitae Posted at 9-10 19:57
https://youtu.be/--1aCFM4wj8

Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. May I know are you experiencing this issue on both FPV and Follow mode? If you have completed the firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 and the issue still persists. Kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-9-11
Use props
Mr Makitae
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-11 13:13
Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. May I know are you experiencing this issue on both FPV and Follow mode? If you have completed the firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 and the issue still persists. Kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to go over this with me.

FPV stays fixed so there is no movement. Downgraded the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, and there is no change. The gimbal continues to pan left or right instead of pitching up or down. C1 still tilts down and up  90 degrees, each time it is pressed.

This a new Controller, that I got back after the old one was serviced; twice, within the last 10 months, due to a charging issue it previously had.

I did contact my local DJI reseller and service centre to let them know of the new issue, and I am yet to hear back from them.
2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mr Makitae Posted at 9-12 22:53
Thank you for taking the time to go over this with me.

FPV stays fixed so there is no movement. Downgraded the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, and there is no change. The gimbal continues to pan left or right instead of pitching up or down. C1 still tilts down and up  90 degrees, each time it is pressed.

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing this troubleshooting step and thank you for the additional information. If you have further concern or inquiry regarding DJI, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules