HELP phantom 3 advanced problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Newby here. I have flown it a few times using GO and my adroid phone connects no problem. then i had a minor crash land. now the phone won't connect. when i plug it in on the cable it suddenly changes to PROFESSIONAL and i keep trying to connect it to ADVANCED but it won't. the drone and remote connect fine. the phone doesn't! PLEASE HELP
2020-8-31
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome Duen , try reinstall the Dji go app
2020-8-31
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-31 01:47
Welcome Duen , try reinstall the Dji go app

hi and thanks for quick response. i did that and it doesn't recognise my drone. so i installed app on another phone. i follow the instructions to the letter. go back to equipment page and it still is only showing 'how to connect'. i have changed usb cables. i fear something has happened when it landed and tipped over. but it wasn't a crash as such, no props damaged and on grass.
2020-8-31
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Duen Posted at 8-31 02:10
hi and thanks for quick response. i did that and it doesn't recognise my drone. so i installed app on another phone. i follow the instructions to the letter. do back to equipment page and it still is only showing 'how to connect'. i have changed usb cables. i fear something has happened when it landed and tipped over. but it wasn't a crash as such, no props damaged and on grass.

One hit is enough for something to be disconnected, I recommend sending your device for analysis
2020-8-31
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-31 02:18
One hit is enough for something to be disconnected, I recommend sending your device for analysis

ok. i have read somewhere that the wifi needs to be on and connected to dji wifi but it doesn't show up in my available wifi list on the phone. am i right in thinking this?
2020-8-31
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Duen Posted at 8-31 02:23
ok. i have read somewhere that the wifi needs to be on and connected to dji wifi but it doesn't show up in my available wifi list on the phone. am i right in thinking this?

Try relink controller
2020-8-31
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-31 02:33
Try relink controller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

hi, this makes no difference at all. the remote does activate the camera and motors. it's the phone that doesn't connect. i'm thinking a wifi issue but have no experience with connecting apart from it used to do it automatically.
2020-8-31
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Duen Posted at 8-31 02:56
hi, this makes no difference at all. the remote does activate the camera and motors. it's the phone that doesn't connect. i'm thinking a wifi issue but have no experience with connecting apart from it used to do it automatically.

actually its connected by 'lightbridge' i think so wifi isn't used as phone connected via data cable. i'm ver confused.
2020-8-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Make sure you are within wifi range of a router and you're connected to wifi.  Sometimes the app wants to talk to DJI via wifi in cases such as this.  

Turn everything on but keep mobile device cable disconnected.

Go to normal welcome screen of your mobile device.  Wait a few secs.  

Now plug in cable.  

Wait.  

The Go app should start up by itself usually but you have to wait for it.

If a minute goes by and nothing happens, go ahead and start the go app manually.

Wait.  Be patient.  

Eventually you should get a screen showing your P3A.  

If it has something else such as P3P or Inspire, try swiping the screen to make it scroll to another image.  Try swiping up to down.  If nothing, then try swiping right to left.  Or left to right.  That worked for me once.  

Good luck.

2020-8-31
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OMG Rytenuff HAS THE ANSWER I saw another post about this and after 50 odd replies that got me nowhere he had the answer. SO SIMPLE  ...... I quote    rytenuff Posted at 2017-8-20 08:58
After I updated the firmware and app I had the same "thinks it's a Pro" problem. I removed the SD card and it went back to knowing it was an Adv. I formatted the SD card, inserted it again and everything was fine.
View full quote
unbelievable!!!!!! this works.. after hours of frustration i did what you said, removed sd card and heh presto. suddenly works as normal. back to p3a and got picture on phone. thanks so much
2020-8-31
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Duen Posted at 8-31 07:34
OMG Rytenuff HAS THE ANSWER I saw another post about this and after 50 odd replies that got me nowhere he had the answer. SO SIMPLE  ...... I quote    rytenuff Posted at 2017-8-20 08:58
After I updated the firmware and app I had the same "thinks it's a Pro" problem. I removed the SD card and it went back to knowing it was an Adv. I formatted the SD card, inserted it again and everything was fine.
View full quote

Nice to hear, sometimes the SD cARD Is the Key ...
2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Duen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and you are now experiencing this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on the said drone . We have a team that will do there best to check the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-31
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-31 10:32
Nice to hear, sometimes the SD cARD Is the Key ...

just a shame no one mentioned it! and it's not even mentioned anywhere in help pages.! can someone from dji take note?
2020-9-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duen Posted at 9-1 03:58
just a shame no one mentioned it! and it's not even mentioned anywhere in help pages.! can someone from dji take note?

Aloha Duen,

Another short-cut for that problem is if you have that problem again, just unplug the USB cable, wait ten seconds and then plug it in again.  Works like a champ!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules