Continuous beep from the RC, randomly
1087 8 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

I bought the fly more combo version 2 months ago. I have made about 45 flights.
In several cases and for no particular reason, when I open the RC to make the connection to the drone, a continuous beep sounds. I close and reopen the RC and the beeping continues.
I try all the suggested solutions (I push the button for 4 seconds, try to pair, etc) and at some point it stops.
This can take 5-7 minutes !!
He presented this annoying thing and with the previous firmaware and software (I have installed Firmware v01.00.0340 and 1.1.6 Dji Fly).
The strangest thing is that:
1. In some cases the sound continues even when there is a connection to the drone, but I do not try to start the flight.
2. Also at least 3-4 times the sound is displayed even if the drone has not been activated, simply by opening the RC.
3. The problem does not always occur at the beginning of each flight.
The flight with the 1st battery can start normally and the problem can occur with the second battery !!! (unfortunately I have not noted them and I do not know if it is due to battery, but I doubt that may be the problem).
Also all 3 batteries are used from the 1st day on each flight and have the same charge cycle.

I have not noticed any problems during the flights (no disconnections, no particular problems with the range) and the drone responds to all movements with the sticks.
What happens ?
Apart from being annoying and problematic, is there a general safety problem for my flights?

P.s. About 20 days ago I did a calibration on the RC but that did not solve the problem, as after 4-5 days the problem with the continuous sound reappeared.
Samsung S8+ my phone.
Please Help !

2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you please double confirm if there are abnormal input when you tried to calibrate the RC? Please provide a calibration video to me to check further.
At the same time, it is suggested to try to refresh the latest firmware for the RC via DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate the RC again. If the RC has sufficient battery, it is connected to the aircraft normally, and the issue persists after refreshing the firmware and calibrating the RC, you are suggested to send the RC to us to diagnose the issue.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-9-1
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Susan & Dirty Bird thank you for your response.
3 days ago:
A. First flight. power on the drone, power on the RC, no problem.
B. Second flight, at the exact same point. Battery change, power on the drone, power on the RC and continuous beeping begins. At some point one strange thing happened: The RC is still Beeping but the connection to the drone was establised !!! That is, if someone started the flight, logically it could be done even with the beepings !!! At some point the sound stopped and the flight started.
C. Third flight with my last battery in a place 500metres away. No beeping No problems at all !!

Before 10 minutes :
I started with the approach of DJI Susan
Α. Power On the RC. Starts Beeping. I dont power on the Drone.
B. The beeping stops when i power on the drone before power on the RC.
C. RC refresh update via DJI Assistant 2. Also i extract the log file from the RC. It is a Dat file, 3.407kb. Please tell me the way to send to you.
D. Calibrate the RC, (the dji fly says calibration o.k.).

Thats All.
Fingers crossing now...

2020-9-1
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 9-1 05:14
Hi there, could you please double confirm if there are abnormal input when you tried to calibrate the RC? Please provide a calibration video to me to check further.
At the same time, it is suggested to try to refresh the latest firmware for the RC via DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate the RC again. If the RC has sufficient battery, it is connected to the aircraft normally, and the issue persists after refreshing the firmware and calibrating the RC, you are suggested to send the RC to us to diagnose the issue.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

No i don't see any abnormal input when i calibrate the RC.
More specific, what is abnormal ?
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

S.T. Posted at 9-1 12:48
No i don't see any abnormal input when i calibrate the RC.
More specific, what is abnormal ?

It means that when you push the stick to one direction, there is an abnormal input to another direction as well. Would be nice if you can provide a video of the case. Thanks.
2020-9-2
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

How i upload the video file.
via you tube ?
2020-9-2
Use props
nabyme13
New

United Kingdom

Having the same issue, I have calibrated and DJI Assistant 2 says ok, updated FW, I have actually been out and flown today twice even with the  beeping, great drone though
what else can I do to try and rectify this constan beeping? at the moment there is no memory card in the drone, ut i cant see this would cause an issue.
Mavic Air 2
Samsung Galaxy S10+
2020-9-2
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my original Mavic Air.  I sent it to DJI to be fixed because I was still under the DJI Care Refresh plan and they said it was a bad module in the RC.  Beware, that this was not covered by the DJI Care Refresh plan because that only covers the drone NOT the controller.  Anyway, they charged about $85.00 to fix it and it no longer has that obnoxious beeping.
2020-9-3
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

She means when you do the RC calibration when you go to the right let's say (on any stick) it's supposed to say 100 the same if you go down and to the left, and up on any particular stick.... now if you are getting a reading of 95 going right and 4 going down at the same time and you are at the extreme ends of stick movement......then that is abnormal
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules