4691 20 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Hey Guys,

This is really weird, I was copying some of my videos from my camera and noticed a number of pictures taken by my Osmo Action by itself.  
I can see and my parter in the picture and its not only one but a couple of pictures when it was sitting in my desk. Honestly its very spooky.

I could attach some of the pictures but that would defeat the purpose of my concern and course im seriously spooked.
I have never seen this before with any other cameras.

Current Firmware Version 01.09.00.10(7211)  - However many of this picture were taken probably with the previous firmware.

Some date of the pictures 1-Aug-2020 , 6-Aug-2020, 24-Aug-2020

Care to explain DJI????

2020-8-31
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maybe fishycomics has hacked into your OA
2020-8-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

When you opened the mimi App three  quick  notices  flashed they were hypnotic no less, you were to not choose Location. and you did. so there you go.     SNAP, no one is spying you  or are they
2020-8-31
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

The moment I created this thread I knew that people would have this reaction, still would really like to know if some one else has noticed something like this and really would like to know from DJI what is going on?

Why is my Osmo Action is taking pictures by itself ?

2020-8-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does this as well. I just thought that because I have the voice command
on that sometimes it miss interpret my words. Besides if it was spying on you, chances
are you won't see the evidence.
2020-8-31
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Woe Posted at 8-31 18:31
Mine does this as well. I just thought that because I have the voice command
on that sometimes it miss interpret my words. Besides if it was spying on you, chances
are you won't see the evidence.

Thanks mate, I thought the same and I had disabled the voice command but still can hear it snapping pics here and there.   So what I’m doing now is just removing the battery when not in use.
2020-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stratosHD Posted at 8-31 21:16
Thanks mate, I thought the same and I had disabled the voice command but still can hear it snapping pics here and there.   So what I’m doing now is just removing the battery when not in use.

Just keep it in a black bag if your concerned.
2020-9-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put it in a safe overnight in case it grows legs
2020-9-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Are you on Standby.  are you shutting down  you factory reset. think  its  maulfunctioning, did you factory reset.   maybe a bag will not due because it might hear as well.
2020-9-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

stratosHD Posted at 8-31 21:16

Good ideal.
2020-9-1
Use props
DJIUser2000
New

Canada

it is surely possible, ask yourself why someone would spay ion you? Did you attend any demonstrations? Did you film anything you should not? Recently (last few years) All action cameras and all DSLR cameras have Bluetooth enabled and they don't allow you to disable it. (ask yourself why this would not be implemented)

A simple off toggle would do it, altho it will never be implemented. I believe it is regulated by certain parts of the government to always have Bluetooth on.

Did you hear about the contact tracing app and new "secure/private" protocol using Bluetooth for identification? Also, did you see last few IOS and Android updates settings-privacy- "Covid 19 Exposure logging" phones with or without tracing apps log every single Bluetooth device they 'see' during the day, in Canada we are also installing antennas at almost evey intersection, those antennas are logging every Bluetooth and wi-fi MAC address of phone, car, power meter on the bicycle, etc.

If you filmed something that might be important for investigation, or else... you will be quickly contacted by those that have access to this tech.
2020-9-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

DJIUser2000 Posted at 9-1 07:53
it is surely possible, ask yourself why someone would spay ion you? Did you attend any demonstrations? Did you film anything you should not? Recently (last few years) All action cameras and all DSLR cameras have Bluetooth enabled and they don't allow you to disable it. (ask yourself why this would not be implemented)

A simple off toggle would do it, altho it will never be implemented. I believe it is regulated by certain parts of the government to always have Bluetooth on.

All my DSLR’s enable me to disable Bluetooth And also my 360 cameras do as well
2020-9-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Check what your "snapshot" is set to. If it is set to "photo", change it to "video"; then check if your OA starts recording video by itself every once in a while. If so, your shutter button is malfunctioning

PS: That button can wake OA up and do the designated function (photo or video) with a single click. So if the button registers clicks by itself for some reason, it can cause exactly what you have described.

2020-9-1
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

CemAygun Posted at 9-1 18:03
Check what your "snapshot" is set to. If it is set to "photo", change it to "video"; then check if your OA starts recording video by itself every once in a while. If so, your shutter button is malfunctioning

PS: That button can wake OA up and do the designated function (photo or video) with a single click. So if the button registers clicks by itself for some reason, it can cause exactly what you have described.

Thanks mate that is a good advice.  I checked and now its set to video, it hasn’t triggered after I have done  the change.    However, i have seen that OA has taken pictures even between my videos, so lets say that I have gone for a ride with some friends and I am recording video, I stop the video and in between i start recording again it took a couple of pictures in between.

Do you guys know if there is a way to do like a hard reset apart from the factory restoration ? Would like to try that and see if that solves it.
2020-9-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

stratosHD Posted at 9-1 18:19
Thanks mate that is a good advice.  I checked and now its set to video, it hasn’t triggered after I have done  the change.    However, i have seen that OA has taken pictures even between my videos, so lets say that I have gone for a ride with some friends and I am recording video, I stop the video and in between i start recording again it took a couple of pictures in between.

Do you guys know if there is a way to do like a hard reset apart from the factory restoration ? Would like to try that and see if that solves it.

That is strange

You can re-flash the firmware as OA is notorious for broken firmware flashes (like missing some features etc.). You cannot do it the way we do for the drones though, as there is no way to reflash the same firmware twice, it has to be newer/higher version.

There is a version of the latest firmware with a very high (fake) version number so that you can reflash. Normally you need to request it from DJI Mindy but as far as I remember somebody posted it in a thread here.

Hope this helps,
2020-9-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 9-3 12:58
That is strange

You can re-flash the firmware as OA is notorious for broken firmware flashes (like missing some features etc.). You cannot do it the way we do for the drones though, as there is no way to reflash the same firmware twice, it has to be newer/higher version.

its top secret to manually reflash,  so secret people want the firmares but don't share the reverting.

2020-9-4
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

My GoPro Hero 6 had faulty shutter button. It took randomly pics and started recordings. Sometimes it happened when recording was on. Took a while to understood that it was so ramdom.

Replacement fixed that.
2020-9-4
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Welcome to China.
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_GhH6SfaVIQKD
lvl.1

Turkey

Interesting story. Maybe someone installed a spy app for you? This is quite likely. You may notice strange things or glitches, but it will be difficult to determine that someone is spying on you. Look at https://realspyapps.com/review/xnspy/  a review of one of these applications, they work really well remotely and without any identifying signs.
2022-5-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yeah I personally figured that flashing out, it was a txt doc that was needed
2022-5-31
Use props
Klais
lvl.1

Ukraine

cool