Inspire 1 with Z3 extreme video lag FIXED?
902 4 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StuUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23146 ft

United Kingdom

I recently acquired a Z3 for my Inspire 1 v1 and i also have the original X3.
I swapped cameras over and did a little testing indoors and all seemed well.
Next day I ran through 4 batteries at a local beauty spot and was very happy with the performance of the Z3.

Without touching anything other than charging my batteries I went out again a few days later and had nothing but trouble!

Powered everything up as usual and everything seemed ok took off but within seconds I noticed I was getting considerable video transmission lag to my Ipad screen.
Brought the bird down checked everything, re attached the Z3. Checked all my settings but nothing had changed.

Tried again and initially it looked better but the longer it was turned on the lag fairly rapidly increased again. I am talking serious lag 10 seconds or more.

I came home and have spent most of the afternoon reading about Z3 horror stories regarding lag.
I tried everything I could find on the net to fix z3 lag and nothing seemed to work. I removed the z3 cleaned connectors etc.

I did notice that when first powered up the lag was low but over a period of about a minute the lag would increase slowly then after a few minutes the lag would be abouit 10 secs or more
I did notice my z3 firmware level is 1.09.01.40 which according to the DJI download page is Z3 firmware for the Matrice.
I tried installing 1.09.01.30 which is the listed firmware for the Z3 on an Inspire 1 but it wouldn't upgrade/downgrade. Log file saying firmware is the same or lower etc.

So finally I re-attached my X3 just to check that was still working and that was fine, virtually no lag and no issues.

I then swapped over to the Z3 again and suddenly no lag!!
I powered down and up again numerous times and its still working without lag. I left it switched on for 20 mins and still the same.

I'll give it a field test tomorrow and see how it goes but it almost seems to me that re-attaching the x3 reset something which cured the lag for the z3.
2020-8-31
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The z3 is not the issue, it's that you have a v1.

I had both v1 and a genuine v2 t601 model before and the z3's video feed was very bad on the v1 whilst normal and smooth on the v2.

I suppose it has something to do with the ncore.
2020-9-1
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fansd845e849 Posted at 9-1 02:53
The z3 is not the issue, it's the fact that you have a v1.

I had both v1 and a genuine v2 t601 model before and the z3's video feed was very bad on the v1 whilst normal and smooth on the v2.

I can only report what I have found.
I can get lag free video from the Z3 on my V1.
If lag appears after a sustained power down  I switch to the X3 then back to the Z3 again and the lag has gone

2020-9-1
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

StuUK Posted at 9-1 03:21
I can only report what I have found.
I can get lag free video from the Z3 on my V1.
If lag appears after a sustained power down  I switch to the X3 then back to the Z3 again and the lag has gone

I went out again today and flew 3 batteries. All lag free!
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about your previous trouble with your DJI Inspire 1 and we are happy to know that your previous concern was resolved, if you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules