2326 14 2015-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Overall, I am extremely happy with the Inspire, but... very unhappy with the bitrate of the camera. I know this is something that has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, but I was wondering if anyone has any news about a DJI upgrading the camera, or indeed a firmware update to implement this, if of course it's possible with a firmware update. I feel the overall image quality is awesome, but the compression that goes on in certain areas of some shots is poor. I would be very interested in hearing a response from DJI on this...
2015-6-22
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes please!
2015-6-22
Use props
healbunny
lvl.2

Canada

DJI should make a gimbals for inspire 1 with adjustable holder for various small camera
2015-6-22
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has not made any announcement about a new camera. You can bet if there was any public info that it would have been posted all over the place.
2015-6-23
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Best we can hope for are camera options / upgrades released for the Matrice that will be compatible with the Inspire.
2015-6-23
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been predicting that the Inspire 2 will show up near the end of this year, in keeping with DJI's annual new Phantom release track record. An alternative to this may be that DJI instead puts the Inspire on a two or three-year upgrade cycle and later this year begins to offer modular upgrades to the Inspire 1, such as a new camera and some of the features it promised early on such as POI. I, and I presume most of us, would prefer this second approach since the Inspire 1 is a great platform, and most people simply want a more capable camera. I doubt anyone wants an entirely new Inspire with the associated set of new batteries, props, chargers, etc. that the Phantom series upgrades have required.

2015-6-23
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Abe Posted at 2015-6-23 22:28
I've been predicting that the Inspire 2 will show up near the end of this year, in keeping with DJI' ...

I'm not so sure an Inspire "2" is coming.

The original Phantom was never called the "Phantom 1", just the "Phantom". It'd be odd to pre-number the Inspire. The think "Inspire 1" is the actual name of the product; the "1"  denotes it's DJI's tier-1 product that they position as a pro or semi-pro device rather than "the first version of the Inspire series".

Canon, et al work in a similar way - the Canon 1D has been the 1D for quite some time and they have had many revisions. Likewise the Canon 5D (now on version / mark 3). The "5" is just their way of saying "this is not the tier 1 product".

I'm thinking (and I guess hoping) that DJI iterates on the Inspire 1 platform by upgrading the camera modules and software payload rather than force-feed a new (and probably not so much improved) hardware platform.
2015-6-23
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that the Phanton 3 is out, it seams like the Inspire 1 has lost its momentum.  I hope DJI comes through on all of its promises as to what the future brings on the Inspire 1.
2015-6-24
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Abe,

I also hope there will be modular upgrades to the Inspire.  I was under the impression that whole ethos of the Inspire with a Gimbal that allowed synergy and compatibility with new camera releases or alternatives such as a thermal camera.  Perhaps also new batteries with longer flight hours.  We can only hope DJI will keep focus on the Inspire even with other releases such as the Matrice.
2015-6-25
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

healbunny Posted at 2015-6-23 02:22
DJI should make a gimbals for inspire 1 with adjustable holder for various small camera

a adjustable gimbal for various cameras would be the best! but i guess that dji is creating  2 new cameras.  1 low light / high bitrate for video and one 20 - 24 megapixel with, cmos sensor with built in stabilization system for photography.  
2015-6-25
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

delas Posted at 2015-6-25 17:13
a adjustable gimbal for various cameras would be the best! but i guess that dji is creating  2 new  ...

but i guess that dji is creating  2 new cameras.  1 low light / high bitrate for video and one 20 - 24 megapixel with, cmos sensor with built in stabilization system for photography.  

Hey delas, is this based on rumours or something more substantial? If this is the case it would be nirvana!

Cheers
2015-6-25
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

rockliffe@btcon Posted at 2015-6-26 00:25
but i guess that dji is creating  2 new cameras.  1 low light / high bitrate for video and one 20  ...

No rumors at all! it is my 6th sense. this is what i would do if i were frank Wang. . . . . .
2015-6-25
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

delas Posted at 2015-6-25 17:13
a adjustable gimbal for various cameras would be the best! but i guess that dji is creating  2 new  ...

That would be good.  Even better if they were integrated into one camera
2015-6-25
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101175 ft
Iraq

I would be a real dispointment if i receive a new Inspire version, but no upgrade.
2015-6-25
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-26 03:50
That would be good.  Even better if they were integrated into one camera

yes mate. . . . even better! but is difficult!
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules