Oldie iPhone 6 and Osmo Mobile fail to pair Bluetooth
1235 3 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankSchmidtDDS
New
Flight distance : 1893 ft
United States

My Osmo Mobile at one time synced with iPhone 6 via bluetooth and zoom with shutter release worked well. Now it does not. I have tried the Osmo with other kinds of smart phones and it works. I have tried the O.Mobile with other iPhone 6 and it does not work. I get the message that they are connected but when I click "camera" , the iphone searches and finds no pairing with Osmo and I get the message that the Osmo cannot be found. The iPhone 6's have also worked with DJI Phantom 3 Pro and paired well. Has anyone had this problem? The iPhones work with DJI Fly and Mavic Air 2 and pair well with the drone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go on both iPhone 6's and still will not pair with Osmo Mobile.  Any help ideas?
2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Frank, please first make sure that the Buetooth of other mobile devices that had connected to the Osmo Mobile has been disabled, and try to forget the Bluetooth of the Osmo Mobile in system settings on your iPhone 6, restart the gimbal, and connect the Bluetooth again. See if this helps.
2020-9-1
Use props
FrankSchmidtDDS
New
Flight distance : 1893 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-1 23:08
Hi Frank, please first make sure that the Buetooth of other mobile devices that had connected to the Osmo Mobile has been disabled, and try to forget the Bluetooth of the Osmo Mobile in system settings on your iPhone 6, restart the gimbal, and connect the Bluetooth again. See if this helps.

This suggestion in fact did work. I first updated the iOS firmware on the iPhone 6 to 12.4.8. I then disconnected the wifi from phone to hotspot, ie turned off wifi in settings. I then turned iPhone 6 off and back on again. I then went through all Bluetooth recognized devices which had been used with the phone and "forgot " all of them including the DJI Osmo Mobile. I then mounted the iPhone 6 on the DJI OM and turned on the OM, was offered "pair device" when iPhone sensed the DJI OM. Clicked Pair and the two recognized each other and zoom , shutter release now work on this system !   Another iPhone 6 also failed to operate yesterday so it should connect using same method. Both phones work with DJI GO to fly old Phantom 3 Pro so there are no connection issues with that device. Thanks Susan.
2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FrankSchmidtDDS Posted at 9-2 05:14
This suggestion in fact did work. I first updated the iOS firmware on the iPhone 6 to 12.4.8. I then disconnected the wifi from phone to hotspot, ie turned off wifi in settings. I then turned iPhone 6 off and back on again. I then went through all Bluetooth recognized devices which had been used with the phone and "forgot " all of them including the DJI Osmo Mobile. I then mounted the iPhone 6 on the DJI OM and turned on the OM, was offered "pair device" when iPhone sensed the DJI OM. Clicked Pair and the two recognized each other and zoom , shutter release now work on this system !   Another iPhone 6 also failed to operate yesterday so it should connect using same method. Both phones work with DJI GO to fly old Phantom 3 Pro so there are no connection issues with that device. Thanks Susan.

Thank you for your update, it is great to hear that you had got it worked. Enjoy!
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules