Important improvements
3895 11 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

The DJI OM 4 is again a bit better than its predecessor, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

In many cases, the smartphone is not quite horizontal in the gimbal. Because of the smartphone, the clamp and possible smartphone case, the DJI can't prevent this. On the software side, it would not be a big deal to integrate a function into the Mimo app that measures the horizontal deviation of the smartphone to the horizon and then adds it to the gimbal settings as a correction so that the gimbal is aligned horizontally.

There are also some bugs and improvements that are just absolutely necessary!

Here is my enumeration:
- Measurement of horizon deviation of the smartphone and automatic correction of the gimbal

- The Mimo app always starts with the wrong video resolution. Instead of 4k (last used) the app starts with a video resolution of 720p. In my eyes a serious error!

- The gimbal always starts in portrait mode. You should be able to set that, it should be no big deal to realize it in the software.
2020-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But should an OM3 owner upgrade. thats the question.
2020-9-1
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

In my opinion an upgrade from DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to DJI OM 4 does not really make sense, except that the smartphone can be attached and removed much faster.
2020-9-1
Use props
Captain Lovely
lvl.1

Russia

DAFlys Posted at 9-1 00:42
But should an OM3 owner upgrade. thats the question.

I think it depends on a person, whether he/she needs DJI OM 4 or not. If you need to attach ur phone and to remove it fast, then OM 4 is definitely your choice. There are other improvements also, but this one is the most impotant for me, for example. So I prefer OM 4 and really like it
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and thank you for sharing your personal insights regarding these features, I will forward this suggestion to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-9-1
Use props
jtmacb
lvl.1
United States

I agree. In the videos showing the use of the OM 4 they don't show how to center the clamp on your iPhone model to get it centered. Also, the Mimo app hasn't been updated since it was first released. As a Realtor I would love to have more choices and be allow to add more video clips to the final video. Having only a few simply sin't enough and adding more should not be a problem for DJI programmers to do. When the OM4 was introduced an updated version of the Mimo app should have been introduced too. It would be just like when Apple introduces a new iOS at the same time it introduces the new iPhone. So when I purchase my new iPhone 12 Pro Max I will know I will be using the new iOS 14. One more thing, with the measurements of the new iPhone 12 Pro Max known for months DJI should have made it clear that the new OM4 would work with that iPhone model. They don't. I'm pretty sure it will or I would not have purchased the OM4 when it first came out but this should have been an obvious thing to include in the marketing/specs of the OM4.  
2020-9-1
Use props
jtmacb
lvl.1
United States

maisen20 Posted at 9-1 00:50
In my opinion an upgrade from DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to DJI OM 4 does not really make sense, except that the smartphone can be attached and removed much faster.

I sold my old DJI Osmo 3 to a colleague for $75. He is happy that he has an Osmo 3 and I am happy that it didn't cost me full price to get the OM4. I like the convenience of the magnet and I always like to have the last equipment. But that's just me.
2020-9-1
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

jtmacb Posted at 9-1 11:36
I agree. In the videos showing the use of the OM 4 they don't show how to center the clamp on your iPhone model to get it centered. Also, the Mimo app hasn't been updated since it was first released. As a Realtor I would love to have more choices and be allow to add more video clips to the final video. Having only a few simply sin't enough and adding more should not be a problem for DJI programmers to do. When the OM4 was introduced an updated version of the Mimo app should have been introduced too. It would be just like when Apple introduces a new iOS at the same time it introduces the new iPhone. So when I purchase my new iPhone 12 Pro Max I will know I will be using the new iOS 14. One more thing, with the measurements of the new iPhone 12 Pro Max known for months DJI should have made it clear that the new OM4 would work with that iPhone model. They don't. I'm pretty sure it will or I would not have purchased the OM4 when it first came out but this should have been an obvious thing to include in the marketing/specs of the OM4.

DJI may not be allowed to say that the new iphone 12 pro max is also compatible.

Or DJI doesn't want to say and guarantee it without having an iphone 12 pro max in his hands.
2020-9-1
Use props
Jay_Hawks_12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136430 ft
United States

What are the odds the new Magsafe would work with the OM4?
2020-10-14
Use props
djiuser_wm494FS9k19F
New

Netherlands

maisen20 Posted at 9-1 12:01
DJI may not be allowed to say that the new iphone 12 pro max is also compatible.

Or DJI doesn't want to say and guarantee it without having an iphone 12 pro max in his hands.

Is the new iPhone 12 Pro Max compatible with the osmo 4?
2020-10-17
Use props
KennyBroh
lvl.1

United States

jtmacb Posted at 9-1 11:36
I agree. In the videos showing the use of the OM 4 they don't show how to center the clamp on your iPhone model to get it centered. Also, the Mimo app hasn't been updated since it was first released. As a Realtor I would love to have more choices and be allow to add more video clips to the final video. Having only a few simply sin't enough and adding more should not be a problem for DJI programmers to do. When the OM4 was introduced an updated version of the Mimo app should have been introduced too. It would be just like when Apple introduces a new iOS at the same time it introduces the new iPhone. So when I purchase my new iPhone 12 Pro Max I will know I will be using the new iOS 14. One more thing, with the measurements of the new iPhone 12 Pro Max known for months DJI should have made it clear that the new OM4 would work with that iPhone model. They don't. I'm pretty sure it will or I would not have purchased the OM4 when it first came out but this should have been an obvious thing to include in the marketing/specs of the OM4.

Actually, unless I misunderstand your question, I believe that functionality is there.  If you have the camera in the horizontal position and click the "..." you will see this screen. Note the arrow pointing to Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment.

If you touch that, the first thing you see is a visual showing how to align the clamp.  You can see the marks next to the edges of the clamp.

When you click OK you are then taken to another screen where you can plug in a horizontal adjustment.

Isn't this what you were talking about?
2020-10-24
Use props
jtmacb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-9-1 08:14
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and thank you for sharing your personal insights regarding these features, I will forward this suggestion to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you for your valued support.

I owned the Osmo Mobile 3 and upgraded to the 5 only to be disappointed that the Story Mode features were reduced. I’m a Realtor and I loved using the Fashion Sory Mode to have the Osmo change angles and automatically stitch together a video with music and if I had know I would lose that feature I would never have upgraded. Why would DJI up grade the hardware and the downgrade the software? Also I was hoping that the new Lightcut app would offer the same features and more than Mimeo does but I don’t see that it can switch the camera angles using AI rather that actually Turing the camera using my Osmo 5. Help?
2022-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules