Osmo action voice commands when wet
887 5 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eKbQcPEWwWFS
lvl.1
United States

hello, it seems that my new osmo action does not respond to voice commands in water environments after the camera has gotten wet. My main use case for this camera is to take it in the surf or paddle boarding, and having this feature would be most useful. is anyone else noticed this same problem or do I have a faulty unit perhaps? Thanks in advance for any input.
2020-8-31
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Maybe you should try and post this to the Osmo section where it belongs...
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_eKbQcPEWwWFS
lvl.1
United States

Thanks and my apologies. It's not super intuitive which forum I'm posting in even though I clicked osmo action prior to post. It defaults to "spark discussion" which is confusing especially if one isn't aware of the spark product.
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_eKbQcPEWwWFS
lvl.1
United States

Voice commands when wet

Hello.

My osmo actions voice command functionality stops working as soon as the camera gets wet.  I wanted to see if that is common, or if I have a faulty unit.  I couldn't find anyone else saying this was an issue in reviews or the forums so any input would be much appreciated.

I'd like to use this surfing or paddleboarding where it can be tricky to reach the camera during the activity.

Thanks in advance!

2020-9-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

if you drink and talk the same time. that is what I feel will happen, the mics are wet, an can not hear   start recording, why We requested a Remote  that dji does not see fit.
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. The DJI Osmo Action should be able hear the voice command properly to be able to work properly. Thank you.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules