131669 225 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

JBhatti Posted at 5-4 08:56
A reviewer on YouTube says Action2 coming soon. But what is release date???

There is nothing on the regular rumor channels but you never know. DJI has been exceptionally silent this year, abandoning even their flagship products. Pocket 2 is basically unusable in t's current state (mostly due to firmware incompetency), yet the last update was end of January. Mini 2 which is in a segment DJI pioneered has two new rivals which are both superior, especially on the software side, yet they have not released a single update in months. They have not even fixed a serious bug which can damage batteries.

Something is very wrong, but I don't know what...

2021-5-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear if you now want to buy a car, the stock will be limited and the parts to make them are going to be harder to get, due  to  the  crises that we are having.  the OA2 is a camera not a car but that is what is happening, delays
2021-5-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 5-5 02:46
I hear if you now want to buy a car, the stock will be limited and the parts to make them are going to be harder to get, due  to  the  crises that we are having.  the OA2 is a camera not a car but that is what is happening, delays

It is the same with wooden materials for building at home
2021-5-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-5 04:03
It is the same with wooden materials for building at home

wood went up years ago, now its going to be  even higher then you think. but this is all due to us getting back on our  feet
2021-5-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 5-5 07:52
wood went up years ago, now its going to be  even higher then you think. but this is all due to us getting back on our  feet

Wood haven't gone up in Norway yet, but it will
2021-5-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

they say to hold off on building, till it settles down, but everything in Life is going up.   food, gas, you name it   
2021-5-5
Use props
Hdrider
lvl.1
Belgium

Gopro 9 no live vieuw on smartphone when recording.
2021-5-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yeah gopro on the older devices no issues.
2021-5-9
Use props
AlohaJunior
lvl.3

China

Hello everyone, I'm also interested in getting osmo action 2. So far no official news or announcements. I'm quite sure that DJI has the best value for money, so my personal choice is to wait. In my humble opinion, I find that secrecy policy very smart, given that there might be unsold stock of products. In that case of ambiguity, many might buy the 1st model, given that it still is the best buy for its money to compare to GoPro
2021-5-12
Use props
Baha3
New

Canada

Osmo Action 2 please
2021-5-27
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope we get an Action 2 soon.
Would love one for the summer.
2021-5-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

fansa9a8f3e1 Posted at 5-28 10:09
Hope we get an Action 2 soon.
Would love one for the summer.

If they release OA2, it should come before summer to get more sale, but I have my doubt now since we are in June soon and haven't heard anything.

But I'm still hoping for it.
2021-5-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well easy Come Easy go.
2021-5-30
Use props
djiuser_NlsRXfcqz1u9
New

United States

Just to let you know the skydiving community would love a rock solid super wide action camera that didn't glitch every other time we want to use it like all Gopro's do and from what I have heard in reviews all your camera is missing is the super wide view with the rock steady stabilization
2021-6-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_NlsRXfcqz1u9 Posted at 6-3 17:26
Just to let you know the skydiving community would love a rock solid super wide action camera that didn't glitch every other time we want to use it like all Gopro's do and from what I have heard in reviews all your camera is missing is the super wide view with the rock steady stabilization

Better to get footage than no footage right?
Gopro are well known for not always recording.

I think OA will do great, because gopro isn't so much wider.

But maybe Insta360 x2 would be great for skydiving, as long as you can get it to fit properly.
2021-6-4
Use props
john1028
lvl.1

Germany

I think it was not his intention to let dji look bad in comparing to gopro. He is right, Gopro has a much more "super wide" view in a high resolution + it is Stabelized comparing to the  the Dji Action MK1. Thats exactle the reason why i wait for the Dji Action 2. I could choose Gopro but i think Dji will include that feature in the second Model because many people are missing the "Rock Steady -SuperWide View in a high Resolution". And i also belive when the DJA Action 2 is on the marked it will be much better the the Gopro 9. Just a feeling.
2021-6-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

john1028 Posted at 6-5 00:07
I think it was not his intention to let dji look bad in comparing to gopro. He is right, Gopro has a much more "super wide" view in a high resolution + it is Stabelized comparing to the  the Dji Action MK1. Thats exactle the reason why i wait for the Dji Action 2. I could choose Gopro but i think Dji will include that feature in the second Model because many people are missing the "Rock Steady -SuperWide View in a high Resolution". And i also belive when the DJA Action 2 is on the marked it will be much better the the Gopro 9. Just a feeling.

Yeah but I just answered him about it, because OA doesn't have that less wide view than Gopro. There is a bit difference, but I think it will just be a reward for his since OA will show closer distance to objects he fly past than Gopro

I have both Gopro 8 and OA, and I can't trust my Gopro that it records, because many times it just doesn't start recording while my OA always record. So that's why I'm going to sell my Gopro 8 very soon, and hoping for OA2.

2021-6-5
Use props
djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG
lvl.4
France

I hope the OA2 will come soon. I own a Gopro7 and get blurred recording in dark situations. Also the camera freezes at start (not during a shot). I have to get the battery out and in...
2021-6-5
Use props
Hdrider
lvl.1
Belgium

Hero 9 no live vieuw on smartphone when recording unbelievable.
2021-6-6
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kind of regret selling my Osmo Action now.  I did have the Hero 9 but had a lucky escape and managed to send it back in the 14 days for a full refund.  Its a shame how these companies always release their products at the end of summer. Hope there and Action 2 coming very soon.
2021-6-6
Use props
john1028
lvl.1

Germany

fansa9a8f3e1 Posted at 6-6 13:51
Kind of regret selling my Osmo Action now.  I did have the Hero 9 but had a lucky escape and managed to send it back in the 14 days for a full refund.  Its a shame how these companies always release their products at the end of summer. Hope there and Action 2 coming very soon.

Why did you send it back??
2021-6-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI was what April/May, GoPro Sept/Oct
2021-6-7
Use props
john1028
lvl.1

Germany

I want the Osmo Action 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-6-13
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

john1028 Posted at 6-7 00:20
Why did you send it back??

I sold it thinking there would be a newer model out but it never came. Also the issues with no adapter to add an external mic in the first year. I would definitely purchase the Action 2 .
2021-6-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

fansa9a8f3e1 Posted at 6-13 06:45
I sold it thinking there would be a newer model out but it never came. Also the issues with no adapter to add an external mic in the first year. I would definitely purchase the Action 2 .

Why not use external recorder for mic setup?
I use Zoom H1 with lav-mic and sync in post after.
2021-6-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Zoom came out wit htehir own 4K video & audio recorder
2021-6-15
Use props
MichalCam
lvl.1

Poland

At this moment we have 3 action camera company. GoPro, Insta360 and Dji. There is still Sony but the company only offers sports cameras, but it does not release a new one. At the moment, the Dji Osmo Action is the best camera in terms of price and quality, but it gives way to GoPro in some features. From DJI's point of view, releasing a new camera may not make sense. Looking for a sale against GoPro. Of course, you can follow the Insta360 one R, a modular 3 in 1 camera. But at the moment, DJI can only add a 1-inch matrix. Change the processor, etc. GoPro 10 if it comes out probably 1 inch. It will have a better cooling system along with a new energy-efficient CPU.
2021-6-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

MichalCam Posted at 6-20 05:18
At this moment we have 3 action camera company. GoPro, Insta360 and Dji. There is still Sony but the company only offers sports cameras, but it does not release a new one. At the moment, the Dji Osmo Action is the best camera in terms of price and quality, but it gives way to GoPro in some features. From DJI's point of view, releasing a new camera may not make sense. Looking for a sale against GoPro. Of course, you can follow the Insta360 one R, a modular 3 in 1 camera. But at the moment, DJI can only add a 1-inch matrix. Change the processor, etc. GoPro 10 if it comes out probably 1 inch. It will have a better cooling system along with a new energy-efficient CPU.

There are not only 3, there is also SJCAM, AKASO, XIAOMI and some others.
1" sensor CAN be great, but have also limit on depth of field. Insta360 with 1" sensor do looks really great.

I have big doubt about next Gopro will be so much better than 8 and 9, because they have big issues since 7 with freezing, and other things. So I doesn't think they will manage to fix that in next version this time either.

2021-6-20
Use props
AlohaJunior
lvl.3

China

djiuser_NlsRXfcqz1u9 Posted at 6-3 17:26

For skydiving yes, a wider view is important. But for other activities it depends. Looking at photos taken with my phone, the wider you go, the more distortion in geometry you'll get from the middle out. Or maybe the issue is with my phone

And regarding the release dates, we can only guess. No official leaks so far, at least I haven't seen any

P.S. DJI Mavic Pro 3 is coming that's for sure, the company stopped sales on their official app store. So the cycle of Mavic Pro 2 was 3 years. Who knows, maybe OA will also take 3 years to refresh. Then in a bad case scenario, OA 2 will release in April/May 2022. And if you look at numbers, DJI dominates the drone industry, but not the action camera one. Therefore the worst-case scenario, DJI will drop the market
2021-6-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

AlohaJunior Posted at 6-24 08:15
For skydiving yes, a wider view is important. But for other activities it depends. Looking at photos taken with my phone, the wider you go, the more distortion in geometry you'll get from the middle out. Or maybe the issue is with my phone

And regarding the release dates, we can only guess. No official leaks so far, at least I haven't seen any

It could be that DJI will not give out a new OA, but I don't think so since they have released Pocket 2 even P1 was/is really good.
They have also DJI Mobile up to 4 now, but a gimbal for phone is probably easier to sell since so many youth will buy it.
2021-6-24
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

To be honest i am starting to lean towards a phone gimbal, and then a phone to record with.
What i film or at least 99.8 % of it, dont really require a action camera, and i cant say phone cameras today are bad even just on mid range phones.

It is not that i cant wait for a OA 2, even if it launched today and looked cool i would not be able to justify a purchase, not least since i will have to get a new phone in a year or so, and a action camera only do 1 thing in my world.

But so far the original are still fine for me, i am actually uploading a slow motion recording right now.
2021-6-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

When I  gone on vacations back then, I taken everything, today  its going to be just the camera  not even spare batteries or another camera. IF DJI can not offer "ANY" information here, they already "LOst" customers to "Newly released products by other companies, guess that is how DJI wants to act, Old school  keeping silent s  Destruction to the company!
Our company is silent on their flying car   so yeah keep silent win people over day of releases
2021-6-25
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 6-25 03:22
When I  gone on vacations back then, I taken everything, today  its going to be just the camera  not even spare batteries or another camera. IF DJI can not offer "ANY" information here, they already "LOst" customers to "Newly released products by other companies, guess that is how DJI wants to act, Old school  keeping silent s  Destruction to the company!
Our company is silent on their flying car   so yeah keep silent win people over day of releases

I agree by not even giving an hint that a new model is on the way they are going to lose sales to other makes.
2021-6-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well this site seems  not to be the  Marketing team but a Forum team. and that is one major reason we hear absolutely not a thing
2021-6-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

So DJI will come with 2 new products soon and both are drones again.

I really wish they could release OA2 (if there ever will be another OA).
Bought my second OA used one after I sold my gopro 8, and can't be happier since I now have 2 identical action cameras, a charging hub and enough batteries.

Imagine if they came with a 360 camera like Insta360 X2
2021-6-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Drones are the hottest things on the market than a camera, but that was how they got their Pocket camera out, similar to GoPro but a well more compact design.  If we asked DJI here they wil lnot answer the question. DJI did you get the pocket from your drone
2021-6-28
Use props
Markus Majer
New

Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 2020-9-3 03:14
i think these teams don't exist.

I am also sure.. Never seen a real representativ on these forums, let alone that they listen to the community.

Thats why Insta360 got so successful even though there were two big players out there. They constantly listen to the customers feedback and integrate them in new versions.

Also, they all have Webcam mode. In Corona times, everyone needs a proper webcam, and its just a simple software thing to make all DJI cameras to be useable as USB Webcams.

Well I have given it up. I only have one DJI camera, which has good quality, but the forum never was a help once, only if another customer could have helped.

But we only have automated messages and some india customer infinite support hell loop
2021-7-18
Use props
Markus Majer
New

Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 2020-9-14 02:17
I wonder if other company do the same like here   never  get back to the customer about anything.

The thing is, if they outsourced the customer support some india BPO, they will possibly never find out about the extent of ignoring customers.

A company I worked for had to find it out the hard way, and when they found out, because of some Youtuber, the customers already gone somewhere else.

It just makes me worry
2021-7-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Markus Majer Posted at 7-18 07:42
The thing is, if they outsourced the customer support some india BPO, they will possibly never find out about the extent of ignoring customers.

A company I worked for had to find it out the hard way, and when they found out, because of some Youtuber, the customers already gone somewhere else.

thank you appreciate the info.
2021-7-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well I guess we all can get a Pocket 2, put a OA2 sticker on it in the mean time?
2021-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules