131680 225 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

We have asked before, and I want to know if there will be an OA2 this year?
Gopro will release #9 very soon (it seems like) and people are hyped up already.
DJI never annonce long time before any new releases, maybe they (you guys) should change the strategy?

The reason I think so, is because not many will buy OA2 after they have bought Gopro 9 (some do always).

And if there will be a new OA2, what I really hope for is:

- Wider FOV (the wider FOV, give less shake also)
- A bit bigger sensor (if possible)
- Newer chip (Sony)
- Faster CPU
- Same filtersize as OA1 (probably not possible if bigger sensor and/or wider FOV)

I will not sell my OA1, because I just need second camera and have been searching the whole summer for one.

2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there johansenfoto. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this valued insights with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products release. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-1
Use props
ShivaAvula
lvl.1

India

Eagerly waiting for OA2. Would love to see a 360 design. Never had any issues with my action but would love to see some upgrades in the new version. Throw in a 3.5mm jack and audio gain adjustment I would never think of buying a gopro. If DJI abandons OA lineup my next choice would be Insta360 OneX.
2020-9-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-1 19:29
Hello there johansenfoto. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this valued insights with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products release. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.

I know this is a automatic answer, but please forward our messages to DJI
2020-9-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

ShivaAvula Posted at 9-1 20:00
Eagerly waiting for OA2. Would love to see a 360 design. Never had any issues with my action but would love to see some upgrades in the new version. Throw in a 3.5mm jack and audio gain adjustment I would never think of buying a gopro. If DJI abandons OA lineup my next choice would be Insta360 OneX.

I have been looking into Insta360 both 1" version and the one with 360 and 4K. But one thing I don't like is that Insta360 record in their own format (insv) so you need to convert to MP4 (and prores takes too long time). There is a addon for Premiere Pro but not for Davinci Resolve that I use.

2020-9-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

When the time comes I'll decide then.   glad to hear that the 1 inch camera uses this new file format ,
2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

johansenfoto Posted at 9-1 21:42
I know this is a automatic answer, but please forward our messages to DJI

Hi there johansenfoto. Thank you for the reply and for this information. I will cascade these thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-2
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-2 22:49
Hi there johansenfoto. Thank you for the reply and for this information. I will cascade these thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.

I will, thank you
2020-9-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

i think these teams don't exist.
2020-9-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 9-3 03:14
i think these teams don't exist.

We will see
2020-9-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=200217

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202104

is it November 8 months ago, and the original post is longer.  they say apologese for... and we'll follow up, never to be heard from again,

Oc 2019  never to get a response. no hard boot exists.
2020-9-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 9-4 03:58
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=200217

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202104

The flickering issue is by shooting with too high framerate, all cameras have it.

The other thread, you have removed the videos
2020-9-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-4 05:01
The flickering issue is by shooting with too high framerate, all cameras have it.

The other thread, you have removed the videos

Not me on the flickering issue . and  mod admin seen it. its oct 2019  issue never completed.
2020-9-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 9-4 05:06
Not me on the flickering issue . and  mod admin seen it. its oct 2019  issue never completed.

I know it's not your post, just commenting about it since DJI can't change the LED-lights in buildings ;)

I saw that. But what was the problem? You needed to do a hard reset?
2020-9-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-4 05:10
I know it's not your post, just commenting about it since DJI can't change the LED-lights in buildings ;)

I saw that. But what was the problem? You needed to do a hard reset?

if the camera ever crashed you want to have a reset.  As I did not see one so I asked.
2020-9-4
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Guys, good news According to latest leaks, almost all the wishes in this thread (and some other major ones like the ability to record "true" 4K with stabilization) have been granted! It feels nice to see developpers following the forums and actually listening to customers. And it would be out pretty soon as well.

There is a minor catch though. It won't be called Osmo Action 2 (or DJI Action 2 following the new convention); it will be called Gopro Hero 9.

I say "who cares?"; barely an inconvenience

2020-9-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Actually DJI  & GoPro merged

HERO 9 Black confirmed specs:

- Finally a new 24 megapixel sensor using the Sony IMX677 1/2.3 sensor. Sorry, still no 1" sensor.

- Replaceable lens cover and possibly a lens add on or removal for larger Field of View (FOV). Whole new lens manufacturer.

Max Lens Mode which allows ultra wide FOV and horizontal stabilization. Seems to also be called "Max Superview."
5.3K @ 30fps video with Hypersmooth 3.0
20MP photos. No longer 8 or 12MP now named "Wide, Linear, Natural, or SuperMax"
Complete microphone mechanical redesign. Should allow for much better audio in windy situations. See the new wide Microphone recess below the mode button.
Front facing liveview enabled color LCD in addition to upgraded rear LCD. Front facing LCD is not touch enabled.
Hypersmooth 3.0 - Added stabilization. Maybe a punch out from an even wider FOV lens like we see with the HERO mode on the GoPro MAX.
Still uses custom Socionext SC2000A aka GP1. Never know if marketing will give it a new name. Linux Kernel now is aware of the multiple cores although it may not be able to use them.
Updated MIMO enabled WiFi & Bluetooth module for faster download and 1080P streaming
"Hindsight" Option - Always recording a 5 to 10 seconds before you press record.
Webcam support in mainline updates
Possible deep sleep for super long timelapses.
PowerPano automatic leveling panoramic.
Battery, USB, and card access door redesigned. (See added tab on battery below). Battery & USB-C positions the same. Possibly (hopefully) card position changes slightly.
New check in security enclave preventing cloned "blue top batteries" from working correctly.
2020-9-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-5 13:43
Guys, good news  According to latest leaks, almost all the wishes in this thread (and some other major ones like the ability to record "true" 4K with stabilization) have been granted! It feels nice to see developpers following the forums and actually listening to customers. And it would be out pretty soon as well.

There is a minor catch though. It won't be called Osmo Action 2 (or DJI Action 2 following the new convention); it will be called Gopro Hero 9.

I think Gopro 9 will be a great camera, but it will be overprized as always
2020-9-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 13:13
I think Gopro 9 will be a great camera, but it will be overprized as always

I have no doubt about that But all the current action cameras in the market are give or take the same; bearing the same flaws (like upscaled fake video resolutions with stabilization, low resolution stills etc. etc.).

We need a proper leap forward and Hero 9 might just initiate that. Hopefully the others will follow with even better options.  I would not mind paying a bit extra for something that really delivers...

It is just sad to see the technology behind these action "cameras" (which is their sole function) when a simple $150 phone from a year ago has at least 3 better sensors on it
2020-9-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Interpolated software enhancement 2mb to 5mp those were the days with smallest sensors.   Smartphone camera Iphone Lol .
2020-9-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-10 13:40
I have no doubt about that  But all the current action cameras in the market are give or take the same; bearing the same flaws (like upscaled fake video resolutions with stabilization, low resolution stills etc. etc.).

We need a proper leap forward and Hero 9 might just initiate that. Hopefully the others will follow with even better options.  I would not mind paying a bit extra for something that really delivers...

Insta360 R 1 inch sensor is the best action camera out there when it come to video quality, and Gopro 9 will never be better than that.

2020-9-10
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

CemAygun Posted at 9-5 13:43
Guys, good news  According to latest leaks, almost all the wishes in this thread (and some other major ones like the ability to record "true" 4K with stabilization) have been granted! It feels nice to see developpers following the forums and actually listening to customers. And it would be out pretty soon as well.

Well, if DJI doesn't come up with a real nice Firmware Update for better EIS or an OA 2, which has a wider FoV and finally a usable Rocksteady even in manual video mode, I will sell my OA and switch to GoPro.
I tested the GoPro 7 when I had to decide between it and the OA and the GoPro just felt like a Toy. Strange materials, the Software was like Android 4, just ugly as hell.
But I'm afraid there aren't many more options besides these two...

2020-9-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I have a Hero 7, and  a hero 8.  love it. I got no problem selling it. no longer deal with the WORST Support ever. and camera failure. stories that no one tells the world,
2020-9-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-10 22:51
Insta360 R 1 inch sensor is the best action camera out there when it come to video quality, and Gopro 9 will never be better than that.

I almost bought that one, but the size and modularity put me off. Also if I am not mistaken it is quite inconvenient to use with the 1" module; you need to unscrew the lens every time put it in (or out of) the mounting frame.

Although I am glad the Hero 9  steps the game up a bit, I don't think there is a phone left above $140 with a 1/2.3" (or smaller) sensor. It is long overdue we see one of those bigger sensors in an action camera...
2020-9-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-11 11:53
I almost bought that one, but the size and modularity put me off. Also if I am not mistaken it is quite inconvenient to use with the 1" module; you need to unscrew the lens every time put it in (or out of) the mounting frame.

Although I am glad the Hero 9  steps the game up a bit, I don't think there is a phone left above $140 with a 1/2.3" (or smaller) sensor. It is long overdue we see one of those bigger sensors in an action camera...

What I do not like and is holding me back from buying Insta360, is that it record in .insv-format so you need to convert it to .mp4 with their own software before you can import to your favorite editing software. Yes you can edit in their software, but it is really basic. And yes you almost need to export to mp4 because prores takes really long time.
Yes there is addon for those who use Premiere Pro.

I am considering buying Gopro 9, but the prize will probably be $500+, and DJI need to release a new OA soon with awesome specs, atleast to keep up the game.
2020-9-12
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-12 15:01
What I do not like and is holding me back from buying Insta360, is that it record in .insv-format so you need to convert it to .mp4 with their own software before you can import to your favorite editing software. Yes you can edit in their software, but it is really basic. And yes you almost need to export to mp4 because prores takes really long time.
Yes there is addon for those who use Premiere Pro.

I did not know about the format problem, thanks for the info. I have the full creative cloud, so I guess I can use the add-on if I buy the insta360.

I think the leaked Hero 9 price was 479 Euros (if it is correct) so yes, it is supposed be quite pricey. Insta360 1" kit is also around $500 here. I will wait to see how Hero 9 turns out and decide accordingly.
2020-9-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-12 23:48
I did not know about the format problem, thanks for the info. I have the full creative cloud, so I guess I can use the add-on if I buy the insta360.

I think the leaked Hero 9 price was 479 Euros (if it is correct) so yes, it is supposed be quite pricey. Insta360 1" kit is also around $500 here. I will wait to see how Hero 9 turns out and decide accordingly.

If the leaked price is €479 then it will be a bit more expensive in Norway, probably closer to €550.

I just saw a video where he compared the EIS on Gopro 8, Osmo Action and Insta360 4K-module. Insta 360 did worse, when both Gopro 8 and Osmo Action did really good.  I don't know yet how the 1-inch module do in comparison.
2020-9-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well DJI got nothing to talk about and  site online info got more to say then gopro.   some one from Ausie made this up, we're world wide so that means $400.00 usc. you can clearly see the photoshopping of it I took out where fround from  Lol

2020-9-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well the 16th is the release date.
2020-9-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 9-13 05:18
Well DJI got nothing to talk about and  site online info got more to say then gopro.   some one from Ausie made this up, we're world wide so that means $400.00 usc. you can clearly see the photoshopping of it I took out where fround from  Lol

[view_image]

More MP doesn't mean bigger sensor or is there any leaks about new sensor size?
And more MP will just give more noise in low light if the sensor is at same size.
2020-9-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 9-13 05:18
Well DJI got nothing to talk about and  site online info got more to say then gopro.   some one from Ausie made this up, we're world wide so that means $400.00 usc. you can clearly see the photoshopping of it I took out where fround from  Lol

[view_image]

This is made by someone who does not even know what a sensor is. The sensor size is the same, not "much bigger"; and the higher the resolution you have at a given (especially small) sensor size, the less quality you get. Depending on the sensor size, the lens and the aperture you can easily hit the diffraction limit, which means your alleged resolution is "fake". First few 4K GoPro's all had fake 4K; now they can do 4K unless you use the stabilization...

I really hate all this marketing BS. So many of the advertised functions are just useless gimmicks, yet everybody talks about them as if they were real, feeding the hype.

The only usable slow motion I have ever seen is on Osmo Pocket for instance. Even the $800 Mavic Air uses a pixel skipping algorithm to make use of the full FOV (the same way Osmo Action does) because it cannot read and process the full sensor at those frame rates. This results in an extremely aliased/jagged and utterly unusable output. Yet everybody claims these can do slow motion. With that quality, sorry but no, they can not! Pocket just gets an extremely cropped (1/4th) crop from the center instead, as it also is incapable of full sensor read. The FOV becomes a joke, but at least the output is perfectly usable.

Since the H9 is coming out in 2 days, probably we will get "unpaid", non-fan-boy reviews in a couple of weeks. I really need a proper action camera now (to be used where I cannot dare use the Pocket) so fingers crossed
2020-9-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-13 09:15
More MP doesn't mean bigger sensor or is there any leaks about new sensor size?
And more MP will just give more noise in low light if the sensor is at same size.

Hahaha you beat me to it It still is 1/1.23", so no, not bigger
2020-9-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 9-13 05:55
well the 16th is the release date.

Just saw it; earlier than I anticipated...
2020-9-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-13 00:15
If the leaked price is €479 then it will be a bit more expensive in Norway, probably closer to €550.

I just saw a video where he compared the EIS on Gopro 8, Osmo Action and Insta360 4K-module. Insta 360 did worse, when both Gopro 8 and Osmo Action did really good.  I don't know yet how the 1-inch module do in comparison.

Wow, that is steep Here we can get something similar to US prices as long as we wait a bit for it to be widely available.

Funny enough we can always buy directly from US (legally) without any extra cost, and at very reasonable shipping prices . To this day I don't understand how it works, but it does. The catch is you have to forget about warranty as that system is one way, and unless your device has global warranty there is no point trying to ship it back if something goes wrong...

I have no idea how the insta360 modularity is split. I don't know what part takes care of which function.  If stabilization is managed by the lens/sensor module, 1" stabilization might be different from the 4K one.

I guess we have to wait a tad more, but I really hope to get something new before (and to be used for) this Christmas....
2020-9-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not my info. Lol and heating issues ,  good luck.
2020-9-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-13 14:32
Wow, that is steep  Here we can get something similar to US prices as long as we wait a bit for it to be widely available.

Funny enough we can always buy directly from US (legally) without any extra cost, and at very reasonable shipping prices . To this day I don't understand how it works, but it does. The catch is you have to forget about warranty as that system is one way, and unless your device has global warranty there is no point trying to ship it back if something goes wrong...

As for today, here are the updated prices in € in Norway:
Osmo Action - 262€
Gopro 8 - 398€
Insta360 4K - 345€
Insta360 Twin Edition - 495€
Insta360 1 inch - 543€

Yes the slow motion in Osmo Action look really terrible and not usable.

Here is the video I saw about the Insta360 R 4K stabilization test:
2020-9-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I wonder if other company do the same like here   never  get back to the customer about anything.
2020-9-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Tomorrow is the release date for gopro 9, still wonder if I should buy it or not.
2020-9-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-13 22:16
As for today, here are the updated prices in € in Norway:
Osmo Action - 262€
Gopro 8 - 398€

With those prices Action is a clear winner, especially over Hero 8...

Stabilization on the insta looks really bad compared to others. But those guys update their products all the time, so it might be better now. Osmo Pocket kept losing focus (to the point of being unusable with auto focus) first couple of months of it's life.

Better to make sure before the purchase of course...
2020-9-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 9-15 01:47
Tomorrow is the release date for gopro 9, still wonder if I should buy it or not.

There is already an unboxing video, and it looked a bit big to my eye. And I could not get the deal with the case/box. I thought it would come with a usable hard case like Mavic Air, but no, the whole shipping box itself is a giant case with a lot of wasted space. To me it did not look like it can be used daily...Weird...

If I did not misunderstand, you cannot use the front screen when recording 5K or 8X slow motion... We really need an unpaid/unbiased review (which is exceptionally hard to  find with GoPro products)

2020-9-15
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules