131690 225 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 10-2 08:43
total let down.   so the funds I saved, and  can sell off I clearly get a OA2 in November 2020 Rumors are P2 Oct 2020 but DJIis dead to the world on this news.

A DJI product released in October would be safe to purchase around January, so not so bad Never forget the rule of thumb when it comes to buying DJI products: "3rd batch of production or up". Anything less, you are a volunteer lab rat...
2020-10-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

good luck knowing when a new lot arrives  old stock can lay around
2020-10-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 10-3 12:05

You don't need luck, DJI products have batch dates outside the box. That is how I got my working Osmo Action after returning the 2 that died on me (had to wait a bit though)
2020-10-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

unless its hand picked by you otherwise draw of th luck.
2020-10-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 10-11 11:39
unless its hand picked by you otherwise draw of th luck.

That is true if you are buying from Amazon or DJI themselves with no one to help you with your "specific" request. Any smaller vendor and you can kindly ask them even when buying online. That is exactly what I did last time
2020-10-11
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 10-3 12:05

Fishycomics, you are ruining this forum for me.  Your messages have become so depressingly negative and cynical.  I wish there was a way I could block just your posts but I can't.  So please, for everyone's sake can you lay off the forums for a while?  Thanks.
2020-10-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

anthonyb Posted at 10-12 04:47
Fishycomics, you are ruining this forum for me.  Your messages have become so depressingly negative and cynical.  I wish there was a way I could block just your posts but I can't.  So please, for everyone's sake can you lay off the forums for a while?  Thanks.

then by all means you the same.
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

I have been investigating Insta360 both 1" adaptation and the one with 360 and 4K. Yet, one thing I don't care for is that Insta360 record in their own arrangement (insv) so you have to change over to MP4 (and prores takes too lengthy timespan). There is an addon for Premiere Pro yet not for Davinci Resolve that I use.
2020-10-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 10-2 14:35
A DJI product released in October would be safe to purchase around January, so not so bad  Never forget the rule of thumb when it comes to buying DJI products: "3rd batch of production or up". Anything less, you are a volunteer lab rat...

Agree.  This happens when a forum supplies value-points for simply posting a reply, then rewards with premiums.  
2020-10-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR Posted at 10-14 06:44
I have been investigating Insta360 both 1" adaptation and the one with 360 and 4K. Yet, one thing I don't care for is that Insta360 record in their own arrangement (insv) so you have to change over to MP4 (and prores takes too lengthy timespan). There is an addon for Premiere Pro yet not for Davinci Resolve that I use.

Insta360 can record in mp4 now in latest firmware
2020-10-15
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-13 00:15
If the leaked price is €479 then it will be a bit more expensive in Norway, probably closer to €550.

I just saw a video where he compared the EIS on Gopro 8, Osmo Action and Insta360 4K-module. Insta 360 did worse, when both Gopro 8 and Osmo Action did really good.  I don't know yet how the 1-inch module do in comparison.

Insta360 sucks, they have no way to use external mic and power at the same time....and you have to use their software to process the images, you can't just pull them off the SDCARD.
2020-10-27
Use props
djiuser_VYOH7czWIaPh
lvl.1
Australia

Is Osmo Action 2 coming this year?
If stabilisation not better than Gopro, sensor not bigger than 1inch insta360? OA2 don't stand a chance. Still worth waiting?
2020-10-30
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

You can always wait for the next big thing, that way you will save money as you will never be buying anything.
My OA have been good to me, but the way i am filming i will be getting me a gimbal.

Next camera i expect to have 4K/60 HDR - 4K/120 - 1080/ more than 240 - a good path for external audio ( though i doubt i will be using that myself ) maybe BT with a decent range, compatible with other BT microphones - i am also expecting a larger sensor and here i dont mean pixel count - maybe a option to do pixel binning for better low light performance in 1080p ( 4 in one though this of course necessitate a higher pixel count sensor )

Do not jump modular band wagon, though i think it is cool in insta one r,  ( put all your money on 1 good race horse )

And i still must insist of a replaceable battery of a normal form factor like 18650 that can give you a whopping 4000 mah, and just 1 door on the case ( battery & SD card )
2020-10-31
Use props
Gary Martin
New

Ireland

Best of luck if someone buys a GoPro. I just Returned mine for a full refund. . Issues with clicking and popping in their audio just like many others have reported. Some people have had 4 to 5 replacements and still have the same issue hardware issues plaguing the devices. It’s not a software fix.  As soon as the Osmo 2 is released hopefully it’s a winner. I’ll never buy another go pro item again.
2020-12-11
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gary Martin Posted at 12-11 02:42
Best of luck if someone buys a GoPro. I just Returned mine for a full refund. . Issues with clicking and popping in their audio just like many others have reported. Some people have had 4 to 5 replacements and still have the same issue hardware issues plaguing the devices. It’s not a software fix.  As soon as the Osmo 2 is released hopefully it’s a winner. I’ll never buy another go pro item again.

Ive heard a lot of these issues, but fortunately my camera doesn't seem to be affected. Seem to be Ok with mine so far.....

Saying that, Id still like to see a OA2 to see what DJI can come up with next!!
2020-12-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

GoPro has more or less outdone themselves do not need a new bug-n-issue camera and well did one say they bought and returned their OA due to it being a hot issue with them, yep  DJI is hte winner  here if asked Bareminium issued camera, simply read all the posts and you see 10% are with issues vs gopro 90% are issues
2020-12-11
Use props
red rob
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for posting that video earlier -- a lovely comparison!

Here's the thing, folks.

You can compare image quality (the GP9 seemed a bit brighter than the 8, the GPs are more saturated than the OA and *slightly* sharper).  You can compare stabilization (horizon leveling seemed to work very well on the Hero 9 for folks who would want that).  But ultimately, what matters most?

For me -- it's reliability.  One is reliable.  One is not.

My GoPro Hero 7 (both of them) and 8 (when I tested, then returned) -- are NOT reliable.  They would lock up.  They would stop in the middle of my test AND production recordings while on AC power and ProTune on (a requirement for me).  The WiFi has always been finicky.  Absolutely FAIL if we cannot rely on it.

My DJI Osmo Action has been a DREAM in terms of reliability.  Stays on.  Keeps recording even when warning of getting warm.  The WiFi works reliably.  And the user interface is very responsive, and flexible.

And I'm not alone.    The forums are filled with people complaining of GoPro overheating, lock-up and reliability problems.  Unacceptable in any pro video, or life shoot, where we only get a single take.

So -- DJI Osmo Action it is the ONLY winner between the two IMO!!    Only ONE thing I truly would benefit from and would HAPPILY pay extra for on an Osmo Action 2 --- it needs HDMI Output.  This will allow use in live switching environments.
2021-1-27
Use props
Jay Min
New

United States

please add: voice command that turns on and automatically start recording. like from off position, voice command  "osmo start"  and it turns on and starts recording( and hopefully quickly within 2 seconds)    this is very important.
2021-4-1
Use props
Jay Min
New

United States

please add: voice command that turns on and automatically start recording. like from off position, voice command  "osmo start"  and it turns on and starts recording( and hopefully quickly within 2 seconds)    this is very important.
2021-4-1
Use props
Jay Min
New

United States

also can change battery without opening a cage-rid the cage. and mic input.  
2021-4-1
Use props
Jay Min
New

United States

2021-4-1
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Jay Min Posted at 4-1 21:00

The Tilta cage has a removable base component providing access to the battery and is designed for full access to the USB-c port for the mic adapter.
2021-4-2
Use props
Jay Min
New

United States

rid the cage, shouldn't a need for a cage.
2021-4-13
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tilta cage and smallrig cage both allow access to battery and usb. Personally use the smallrig, love it.
2021-4-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

YAWN, yawnDJI has a flying plane and gps on the screen, a mini controller by the coffee cup and  tomorrows date, and the mag is about a lake.   no hidden  things can be seen  

2021-4-14
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 4-14 16:41
YAWN, yawnDJI has a flying plane and gps on the screen, a mini controller by the coffee cup and  tomorrows date, and the mag is about a lake.   no hidden  things can be seen  

That is DJI Air 2S. Still good news though, because they are using one of the best sensors ever made (IMX383). It is a no-nonsense 1" 20MP sensor that has been powering probably the best compact camera ever made. I would not mind having it in Action 2, even if it ends up costing a bit more

PS: We need at least a 16MP sensor to get real 4K with RS enabled.

2021-4-14
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 4-14 16:41

Don't know how, but this ended up being a double post. So please disregard this second one...
2021-4-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Dejing innovations is about Quadcopters/Drones. and if and when they do release a new camera we will all  know.
2021-4-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I'm still waiting and hoping for OA2 in May/June. If there will one this year, I really hope it will come before Norwegian summer
2021-4-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 4-15 05:46
I'm still waiting and hoping for OA2 in May/June. If there will one this year, I really hope it will come before Norwegian summer

An OA2 is long overdue, unless they have fully given up on action cameras. But the rumors would have been popping up already if any release was that close. I am pretty sure of a new pocket release down the line as they have totally failed the last one. But I also hope there will be a new Action that can actually record stabilized 4K.
2021-4-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 4-16 00:37
An OA2 is long overdue, unless they have fully given up on action cameras. But the rumors would have been popping up already if any release was that close. I am pretty sure of a new pocket release down the line as they have totally failed the last one. But I also hope there will be a new Action that can actually record stabilized 4K.

But why do you say that they have failed with Pocket 2?

I think they will release OA2 with same specs as gopro 9 + little better in something as last time, but the size need to be a bit bigger to fit it all + cooling.
2021-4-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

OA  copy what gopro is doing, no than  you
2021-4-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 4-16 06:52
OA  copy what gopro is doing, no than  you

I didn't say copy, but same specs like most make nowdays.
With that I ment 4K @ 60 fps, 5K at 30 fps, I doubt they will be first with 4K @ 120 fps.
2021-4-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

GoPro will need to  stop creating buggy cameras.   
2021-4-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 4-16 10:29
I didn't say copy, but same specs like most make nowdays.
With that I ment 4K @ 60 fps, 5K at 30 fps, I doubt they will be first with 4K @ 120 fps.

That would be the most logical step, especially price wise. 5K is still a bit niche at the moment, but 16MP+ sensor is a must for true 4K resolution with Rocksteady (the brutal cropping eats about 30% of the total sensor readout).

That being said, Sony has been making a 1" action camera for some years, and it would be too weird if DJI had a "premium" version of Osmo Action to rival that

When it comes to Pocket 2, I guess the the development team could not get their heads around the 64MP (16MP quarter bayer) sensor, or they put an underpowered soc in; but in the end it's 4K 60 and tracking is way worse than pocket 1. On top of that they could hardly get the HDR working at a much lower resolution and with a high crop. Implementing HDR should have been a breeze instead, as it is one of the main selling point of qbayer sensors. I personally had expected so much from it after Pocket 1 being such a success despite being the first of it's kind...

Well, with GoPro continuously putting out more and more problematic products, there is not much pushing DJI. I guess we will have to wait and see whether there would even be an OA2...
2021-4-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 4-16 11:57
That would be the most logical step, especially price wise. 5K is still a bit niche at the moment, but 16MP+ sensor is a must for true 4K resolution with Rocksteady (the brutal cropping eats about 30% of the total sensor readout).

That being said, Sony has been making a 1" action camera for some years, and it would be too weird if DJI had a "premium" version of Osmo Action to rival that

I forgot about Pocket 2 had worse tracking than the first. And now Pocket 2 have even a new competitor; MOZA MOIN that have a buildt in screen and that look nice

About HDR, I have tried it on both Pocket 2 and OA, and they are not good. When I want HDR, then I want TRUE HDR in a tonemapping way, only if they could make it contain more bit-depth. But then it would cost too much again.
2021-4-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

johansenfoto Posted at 4-16 12:40
I forgot about Pocket 2 had worse tracking than the first. And now Pocket 2 have even a new competitor; MOZA MOIN that have a buildt in screen and that look nice

Well the number of pocket rivals increase every day, and by the looks of it most of them can challenge Pocket 2 in one feature or another. Yet as far as I know all of them lack one major aspect: Focus. Although some might see it as a feature I personally think a camera with a fixed focus is way inferior than the one that can focus on the intended subject and even give you that meaningful shallow depth of field . This seemingly little feature probably is the most advanced aspect of Pockets, which took DJI months to get right after the release of Pocket 1.

HDR is a very complicated matter mostly because of the botched nomenclature.  But to put it simply Action has a 2 shot bracket; it utilizes the 60fps mode and and takes one of the 2 exposures (medium and dark) each frame, finally combining it into a 30fps video. Qbayer sensors setups are supposed have 3 shot brackets which combines 2 medium, 1 light and and 1 dark exposures from every 4x4 pixel array (which are under the same color of the bayer filter).

You might get what you want if they ever come up with a Pocket or Action that shares Air2S' camera, as it can do 10 bit HDR if I am not mistaken
2021-4-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 4-17 15:32
Well the number of pocket rivals increase every day, and by the looks of it most of them can challenge Pocket 2 in one feature or another. Yet as far as I know all of them lack one major aspect: Focus. Although some might see it as a feature I personally think a camera with a fixed focus is way inferior than the one that can focus on the intended subject and even give you that meaningful shallow depth of field . This seemingly little feature probably is the most advanced aspect of Pockets, which took DJI months to get right after the release of Pocket 1.

HDR is a very complicated matter mostly because of the botched nomenclature.  But to put it simply Action has a 2 shot bracket; it utilizes the 60fps mode and and takes one of the 2 exposures (medium and dark) each frame, finally combining it into a 30fps video. Qbayer sensors setups are supposed have 3 shot brackets which combines 2 medium, 1 light and and 1 dark exposures from every 4x4 pixel array (which are under the same color of the bayer filter).

Focus for me is a challenge, because I often forget that I need to focus since I'm used to use OA most of the time and only time I know I need to focus is when I use one of my dslr.
If they could use the same camera and sensor that Air 2s use, it would be a really great camera. Can just imagine using that in OA2 even if it would be a bit bigger.

I remember when I first heard about recording in HDR in a camera, my first thought was that this can be working as it should. And it still doesn't.
Because the camera need to record same frame twice as you said (or more) with different exposure, and that can produce ghosting or artifacts.
2021-4-18
Use props
JBhatti
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A reviewer on YouTube says Action2 coming soon. But what is release date???
2021-5-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Holidays at overseas. Labor day.  no OA2  s going to be released, DJI is dead silent on it so others just talk talk and just talk
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules