Does it matter which country I purchase a Mavic Pro 2 if I travel
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Big Swifty
New

Peru

Greetings,

I'm a photographer thinking about adding aerial photography to my offered services and research has lead me to believe that the Mavic 2 Pro is a drone I should be considering.

My situation is that I currently live in Perú, S. America and will be moving to Argentina when the pandemic subsides to the point where international travel is again possible.

Electonrics and tech goods are significantly higher priced here, and are even more expensive in Argentina. I'm a US citizen who makes occasional trips back to the states to visit and usually take the opportunity to make my photography gear purchases during these trips. In my esearch I've come across people suggesting that DJI software limits their products use based on factors such as proximity to airports and restricted flying areas  and that drones sold in the US are programmed differently than those sold in other countries.

Thought I'd ask here to see if this is true and if there's some general advice as far as purchasing goes for someone in my position. I understand that each country has restrictions as far as drone use, some to the point of not allowing them at all, but I'd like to know if there are any suggestions of where, or where not to purchase if I want to use the M2P primarily in S. America. Can software/firmware be updated based on location of use no matter where purchased? I don't want to purchase something that will be an expensive doorstop simply because I tried to save $ by buying it on a trip back to the US.
2020-9-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All of the M2P's are the same irrespective of where you buy them. NFZ's will vary depending on the national aviation authority of the country you are flying in (FAA, CAA etc). The only other considerations are the warranty and transmission. I believe the manufacture warranty is only valid in the country where the drone is purchased and, depending on the country/region, you may have a CE or FCC RC model but again, that is down to the country and not the drone.  
2020-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Usually you have to claim the warranty in the country of purchase so you might have to do some extended shipping to use the warrenty.
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules