DJI Go for P3S crashing
503 3 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimTRI
lvl.1
United States

My Fire HD 8 updated automatically to OS 5.6.7.0 yesterday. Now DJI Go crashes after displaying the splash screen for 1 to 2 seconds. I've tried deleting and downloading the latest copy of DJI Go, but the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

2020-9-1
Use props
JimTRI
lvl.1
United States

I got DJI Go up and running again by completely reinitializing my Fire HD 8 (i.e. factory reset) and reloading DJI GO, however, it was necessary to download an older version (3.1.52) before it actually worked. I tried the latest version (3.1.60), then the next older version (3.1.59).  In case this happens to someone else, I suggest you try loading the older versions without reinitializing to see if that works.  If not, you may have to go through the whole process, too.

When I had the initial failure I noted that the current version of DJI Go on my Fire was 3.1.60 - which I now assume was an automatic update since I hadn't done an upgrade manually since it was issued. anyway, I tried deleting the loaded version and reloading with the same version in case it had been corrupted and then the previous version, but neither worked. I then went to a complete factory reset as a last resort.

Good luck,
Jim
2020-9-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for sharing
2020-9-8
Use props
JimTRI
lvl.1
United States

You are very welcome, AJ.

I have often found what sounds like the same problem I am having with my drone or other equipment, but the solutions are not reported when they could be of help to other users like myself so I felt obligated to share . I just hope my experience will save some others the hours of frustration I had trying to solve this problem.

Jim
2020-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules