Do Air 2 skins increase max VLOS?
910 9 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

As a new Air 2 owner, I find the gray color is a close match to the color of clouds, which I think would reduce the max VLOS. Anyone got experience applying a brightly colored skin to their Air 2 and does it help increase VLOS? What color did you choose? I'm looking at this site, for example: https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/dji-mavic-air-2-skins

2020-9-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

those are very good skins and I would find one that you like and apply it because it is better looking than the standard grey.  however, for me they do absolutely nothing for max vlos.  the last thing I see before my ma2 disappears completely is a tiny black dot during the day.
2020-9-1
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yellow for me. It might help a little with VLOS but you won't get an additional mile sighting with a bright skin. Once these are 400' in the air they are hard to see.

2020-9-1
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 9-1 14:49
Yellow for me. It might help a little with VLOS but you won't get an additional mile sighting with a bright skin. Once these are 400' in the air they are hard to see.

[view_image]

That looks awesome. I gotta ask - what color is your car?
2020-9-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I forgot to say yes if you want to increase visibility while you are flying around, sure bright colors will make the drone easier to spot.  when you look away, it will be easier to require.  but max vlos, not so much.
2020-9-1
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-1 15:42
I forgot to say yes if you want to increase visibility while you are flying around, sure bright colors will make the drone easier to spot.  when you look away, it will be easier to require.  but max vlos, not so much.

That's such a great way of explaining it. Easier and quicker to find if it's within sight, but doesn't really increase max VLOS.
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dangerly. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who placed a skin on there DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder to place the said sticker on your DJI Mavic Air 2 on a location where in it will not interfere with the air-vents of the said drone to prevent overheating or any issue while flying your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you and enjoy flying.
2020-9-1
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

l painted the underside of my Phantom 3 black, then bought the Phantom 4 Obsidian. l find the black much easier to see in the sky than the usual Phantom white.
Krylon works well if you don't want the extra weight of a skin, l guess on the arms.
2020-9-1
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dangerly Posted at 9-1 15:19
That looks awesome. I gotta ask - what color is your car?

Well currently I drive a white Kia Soul but its a company car. I used to have a full size Chevy truck and yes it was all yellow.
2020-9-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using a strobe light on the drone i can still see it at 1000 ft away. I say AWAY not high.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules