DJI SMART CONTROLLER, not full screen in HDMI
5169 8 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeadCenter
lvl.1

United States

I have the Mavic 2 Pro with the newest updates.  We are able to turn off the OSD no issues. Change the resolution to the 1920x1080 @60, but when the device is pluged into our caputre port on our encoder it shows up with 2 black bars on either side of the screen.  This happens with monitors as well.  How do I solve this?
2020-9-1
Use props
bzarathustra
lvl.1

United States

Same issue. Have tried several cables, several displays and capture cards, tried the new output over USB-C capability and all of them appear to have this same output issue. Certainly seems like a software problem.
2020-10-12
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I don't get the black bars either side when my feelworld monitor is connected, maybe a setting somewhere you gotta change, I had the black bars on the sc screen one time and it was a setting in the camera settings I had to change, if I remember right I was in the wrong aspect ratio, once changed all was good.
2020-10-12
Use props
DeadCenter
lvl.1

United States

Actually I figured this out.  The fix is deep in the camera settings.   The drone comes preconfiged at 3:2.  Change these settings to 16:9 and you are good to go.. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_QzE0ah13YRjh
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and smart controller. I'm trying to output the HDMI from the controller in 1080i into a LiveU but have a small black bar at the top of the screen. Is there anyway to remove it so its proper full screen? I've tried every setting including screen zoom to adjust with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Colm
2021-1-4
Use props
DeadCenter
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_QzE0ah13YRjh Posted at 1-4 06:56
Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and smart controller. I'm trying to output the HDMI from the controller in 1080i into a LiveU but have a small black bar at the top of the screen. Is there anyway to remove it so its proper full screen? I've tried every setting including screen zoom to adjust with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Colm

camera settings. from 3:2 to 16:9

Super simple fix buried in the settings.  
2021-1-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DeadCenter Posted at 1-4 18:28
camera settings. from 3:2 to 16:9

Super simple fix buried in the settings.

Why would you want to take still pics in 16:9?  You are automatically cropping and not getting the full sensor for your photos.  

Not sure what you are wanting to output to the HDMI port, but it seems more like you'd want to send out video instead of still pics.  If so, just switch over to video instead of being in photo mode.  IMO, video makes sense in 16:9, photos don't.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_QzE0ah13YRjh
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi, the video is already set to 16:9 but there is still a small black bar at the top of the screen.
2021-1-13
Use props
dronehomies
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_QzE0ah13YRjh Posted at 1-13 04:16
Hi, the video is already set to 16:9 but there is still a small black bar at the top of the screen.

Hi were you able to find a solution to this problem? I do live coverage for surf contests and I’m having this issue as well. I thought about buying an atomos shogun 7 to be able to output SDi from there to the switcher to get rid of the black bar but it’s an expensive fix...
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules