Is it possible to pull focus with Sony a7ii?
3891 2 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hoodrobin
New
United States

I just bought a manufacture refurbished Ronin S and I'm unable to get the focus wheel to pull focus on my sony a7ii (ILCE-7M2).

The lens I'm using is the Vario-Tessar T* FE16-35mm F4 ZA OSS.

I purchased the MCC Multi cable thinking that would solve the issue but when I turn the focus wheel, it keeps trying to operate the digital zoom, and my camera is throwing an error "This operation or setting not available as follows: Digital Zoom"

Is pulling focus via the focus dial on the ronin-s with a sony a7ii even possible? From what I've read in the user  guides, it seems like it is, but I can't get it to function.

Ronin firmware is up to date (2.3.1.20). Camera firmware is up to date (4.0). Steadyshot is off. USB Connection is set to PC Remote. Focus dial status light is green.

2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, digital zoom control is not the same as pulling focus. And for Ronin-S with Sony A7 ii, pull focus is not available.
If needed, you may purchase the focus motor. ronin s pull focus.png
2020-9-10
Use props
themadisonmcr
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Check their compatibility search link : https://www.dji.com/ca/support/compatibility/ronin-s/a7m2 and you may see the supporting function info of the camera model+lens
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules