Mavic Pro swelling
414 2 2020-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satria D W
New

Indonesia

Hey,

So i caught my mavic pro battery swelling this afternoon because of ocerheating while self discharging. I immediately turn it of and fortunately two are still fine but hot. The swollen battery is now at 75% but i know it’s better if it’s below 30. What should i do? It’s swollen and I don’t know what might happen if i try to turn it on and discharge it.

Should i leave it, try to ask someone to fix it, just deplete the battery, or dispose it?
If i do need to dispose it, how can i dispose it safely?
71FE3E26-0267-483A-8EAE-83BC289BDB9D.jpeg
C2D2DF8D-218F-40EA-9CAD-7851FF0FB112.jpeg
2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Satria, sorry for that case happened. For fly safety considerations, the swollen battery is not recommended to keep using. If the battery has been out of the warranty period, you are recommended to deal with it in an appropriate way, below are the suggestions you may refer to:
Be sure to discharge the static battery thoroughly before placing the battery in the designated battery recycling box. Batteries are dangerous chemicals and are strictly prohibited from being discarded in an ordinary dustbin. For details, please follow local laws and regulations on battery recycling and disposal. Note: If the battery cannot be discharged completely due to the failure of the power switch, do not dispose of the battery directly in the battery recycling box, and contact the professional battery recycling company for further treatment.

For the battery maintenance, you may check the intelligent flight battery safety guides, hope this can help you:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170117/Mavic+Pro+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dispose of it
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now