DJI OM 4; Magnetic ring holder
9623 13 2020-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FotoFinn
lvl.1

Germany

I need some advice on how to glue the magnetic ring holder to a Samsung S20. The Samsung S20 is made of glass. The instruction is not 100% clear to me. Is says The sticker must be used when attaching the magnetic ring holder to a phone made of glass. However, what sticker does it refer to. The packet contains 2 3m transparent glue sticker and 1 black sticker. Am I supposed to use both the clear one and the black one?  

Thanks in advance

2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FotoFinn. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will be posting an intruction on how to place the magnetic ring holder of the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 on your mobile device. I hope this van help you as well. Thank you.

2020-9-2
Use props
FotoFinn
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks, I do have this information, however, this instruction do not specify which sticker to use. I come with 3 sticker 2 transparent stickers and one black stickers. I am in doubt which stickers to use, and if I need both the transparent and the black, which one needs to be first glued to the phone.
2020-9-2
Use props
fanse0a1432c
New

Netherlands

You should place transparent sticker on your phone and then glue the ring to it
2020-9-7
Use props
FotoFinn
lvl.1

Germany

fanse0a1432c Posted at 9-7 22:34
You should place transparent sticker on your phone and then glue the ring to it

Thank you very much
2020-9-7
Use props
DJIOM4user
New
United States

Where/how can I get a couple replacement clear stickers for the magnetic mount? I wish OM4 came with more clear and mounting stickers.
2020-10-20
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-10-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - I'm glad it isn't just me having trouble with the instructions. I've got a few DJI products and sometimes the guides are hard to interpret! In this case, I'm on my second Magnetic Ring Holder, which has cost me time and money I've just re-watched one of the set up videos on your site, which shows putting the transparent on both glass and metal phones. However, the instructions don't mention the black sticker at all and the video is different from images on the website, which show the metal holder in place without it:   DJI.jpg

So, I guessed that the black sticker was meant to be applied to a metal surface. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and here is a photo of what I have done using a RhinoShield Bumper Case (Amazon). I carefully placed the black sticker onto the holder first (it's an exact fit), then positioned the holder onto the phone using the template. It's curing now, under a heavy book for the 12 hours specified and so far, seems to be a solid fix. It looks much better than using the larger transparent sticker as well.  My question now is - have I done this wrong? It's the look I want so will be annoyed if I have to buy yet another ring holder!

DJI 2.JPG

2020-10-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry - images seem to be posted twice. Admin - can you delete message #8 please? It doesn't show that option in 'edit'
2020-10-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

... and it was a complete flop. On the first test the ring fell away. I've had to apply the transparent sticker and worse, I can see some scuffing on the case from the steel ring. As much as I like the device itself, I think it's going back. Its failed to be the quick action attachment I wanted it to be...
2020-10-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm - the tally so far: £22 for a second holder, £25 for a new phone cover, £29 for the original phone cover (damaged while trying to cut a hole for ring) and now my new iPhone 11 has the start of a scratch on the back from the ring...
2020-10-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So - in sum: a fantastic idea and great features. Nice and light with better motors. However, the attachment I wanted did not work as advertised and worse, if the ring is left open it seems to scrape or mark the back of the phone...  

In fairness, DJI have accepted the return and are paying postage. I'm now going to think very carefully about keeping this. Perhaps the Pocket 2 is better suited to my needs?

2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_7ZgMKraoDWR1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 303898 ft
Australia

It’s such a bad design.
I put the magnetic ring holder in my iPhone 12 max and now the phone won’t fit on my DJI mavic controller!
You’d think it would be compatible across 2 DJI devices.
Not good
2021-6-2
Use props
djiuser_Fizjpzh20R6D
lvl.1
Cambodia

MavikMatt Posted at 2020-10-22 07:34
Wow - I'm glad it isn't just me having trouble with the instructions. I've got a few DJI products and sometimes the guides are hard to interpret! In this case, I'm on my second Magnetic Ring Holder, which has cost me time and money  I've just re-watched one of the set up videos on your site, which shows putting the transparent on both glass and metal phones. However, the instructions don't mention the black sticker at all and the video is different from images on the website, which show the metal holder in place without it:  [view_image]

So, I guessed that the black sticker was meant to be applied to a metal surface. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and here is a photo of what I have done using a RhinoShield Bumper Case (Amazon). I carefully placed the black sticker onto the holder first (it's an exact fit), then positioned the holder onto the phone using the template. It's curing now, under a heavy book for the 12 hours specified and so far, seems to be a solid fix. It looks much better than using the larger transparent sticker as well.  My question now is - have I done this wrong? It's the look I want so will be annoyed if I have to buy yet another ring holder!
[Image]

Yes you are wrong, the black small sticker is a spare part for the magnetic ring. I faced with the same issue, then I try to gluing magnetic ring.
2021-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules