Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WARNING to Action owners - it wont work with Deity D4 Duo
1650 9 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just a quick warning to Action users thinking of buying the new Deity D4 Duo microphone.

The Action wont work with it for recording the front and back capsules.

Just to be clear. This is an issue with DJI and the Action, not Deity and their D4 Duo.

If anyone would like to know more about these issues with the Action, just search through my previous posts.

BTW. It's also bad news for you Pocket owners as well as that wont work with the front and back capsules of the D4 Duo either, unless DJI have corrected their audio routing with an update.

QUESTION TO DJI. Have these audio routing issues been resolved with the Action and the Pocket? The last time I used either, these issues were still present. If the issues have been sorted, then my bad. If the issues have not been fixed, when will you fix them.

Cheers,
Dave.

2020-9-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

thanks for the share
2020-9-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for sharing
2020-9-3
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You use it with an adapter? Then it is the adapter
2020-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
2020-9-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Boils down to that. 2 Cynovas and one issue clears up. go figure.
2020-9-4
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The adapter I use is a Cynova. So you guys can get stereo from a stereo mic then?

Have you actually tried it? Yes, you see two tracks on the editor, but they are both the left channel so you are getting the left channel in mono.

If it’s the adapter, DJI sell it! So what adapter should I have got to get a stereo feed?

You guys need to go figure after you’ve figured it out for real.
2020-9-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-4 05:57
The adapter I use is a Cynova. So you guys can get stereo from a stereo mic then?

Have you actually tried it? Yes, you see two tracks on the editor, but they are both the left channel so you are getting the left channel in mono.

You will not get stereo on a Mono board, the DJI is not true stereo, IMHO,  DJI Team should be answering the truth on this, they won't
2020-9-4
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, that was exactly my point in the video! The D4 requires a stereo input so it doesn’t work with the Action (or Pocket) but someone seems to be telling me it’s the adapter!

I was trying to stop people buying the mic if they have an Action and some guy turned up on my channel from here telling me it is the adapter, which might encourage Action users to unknowingly buy the mic actually thinking that.  (The Pocket is the very same) I didn’t put the video here, I’m just the messenger or originator of the video.

It’s just that people make wild assumptions or guesses without trying it themselves. It’s not a criticism of the Action or the Deity D4. They just aren’t compatible. Hopefully, the video has saved some Action and Pocket users £90 or so.....

Then again, DJI need to take a look at the audio arrangements perhaps for the Mk 2 because it is a bit naff in all honesty having a camera with no right channel, let alone other electrical issues. Why do canera makers trat audio like a poor relation?
2020-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules