Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are we able to power down/up propellers to conserve batteries?
65 3 9-3 08:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnthonyPaulO
lvl.1

United States

Thinking of buying the Mavic Mini but need to know if the SDK allows me to do some custom programming. Also need to know if anything extra is needed for whatever level of access needed to accomplish these tasks; for example, somewhere on the forums I read about having to send in passport and drivers license information?

I would like to know what level of control over the power of independent components that the SDK provides us.

1) Does it allow us to turn on/off the drone whenever we choose?
2) Are the propellers powered independently so that we are able to power down the propellers while filming to converve battery power and then power up propeller and continue flying as needed?
3) Are cameras powered independetly from propellers? Are we able to record video even if the propellers are off?

Thanks in advance!

9-3 08:35
Use props
JohanH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30479 ft

Netherlands

Roughly, you can do what you can do with the DJI GO/Fly apps and than add your own functionality.

Powering on/off the drone is done by physically pushing the on/off button on the drone but you can land the drone programmatically which will cause the propellor motors to stop but will leave the power (including the camera feed) on. You can also take off programmatically. Powering off the propellers while flying is obviously not an option as it would crash down but yes you can film when the propellers are off, i.e. when the drone is not flying.

You only need to register a developer account online to download and use the SDK.
9-3 10:58
Use props
AnthonyPaulO
lvl.1

United States

JohanH Posted at 9-3 10:58
Roughly, you can do what you can do with the DJI GO/Fly apps and than add your own functionality.

Powering on/off the drone is done by physically pushing the on/off button on the drone but you can land the drone programmatically which will cause the propellor motors to stop but will leave the power (including the camera feed) on. You can also take off programmatically. Powering off the propellers while flying is obviously not an option as it would crash down but yes you can film when the propellers are off, i.e. when the drone is not flying.

Thank you for the info!
9-3 13:22
Use props
DJI_Lisa
Second Officer
United States

Thanks Johan for answering the questions so well - I only have one clarification to add, developers do not need to submit passport and drivers license information to DJI in order to work with the SDK.
9-8 14:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules