Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OM 4 Compatability with Huawei P30
8037 27 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I know the Huawei P30 is listed as being compatible with the OM4 , but i just can't get it to work properly.

The app is connecting beautifully but i cant seem to switch between follow modes. Also the zoom switch on the gimbal isnt doing anything.

I had similar problems with on the OM3 with the same phone and ended up returning it.

Can you help ?
2020-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RSD1962. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Osmo Mobile 4. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device ( Huawei P30 ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2020-9-3
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have already tried this several times. I have also tried to update the firmware and this keeps failing.
2020-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RSD1962 Posted at 9-3 23:44
I have already tried this several times. I have also tried to update the firmware and this keeps failing.

Hi RSD1962, is there an error when the update failed? Could you please provide a video of the issue as well as the update error message for further confirmation?
2020-9-4
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 9-4 03:10
Hi RSD1962, is there an error when the update failed? Could you please provide a video of the issue as well as the update error message for further confirmation?

I have managed to install the firmware and balance the Gimbal. It was my fault as I didn't register the OM4 with MIMO on first use.

The OM4 still isn't working properly. It  doesn't stabilize on any axis. This is a similar problem to an OM3 that I had to return to the supplier. Both devices have been used on the same phone.
2020-9-4
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

RSD1962 Posted at 9-4 10:32
I have managed to install the firmware and balance the Gimbal. It was my fault as I didn't register the OM4 with MIMO on first use.

The OM4 still isn't working properly. It  doesn't stabilize on any axis. This is a similar problem to an OM3 that I had to return to the supplier. Both devices have been used on the same phone.

This isn't the most ideal solution but do you happen to have a friend that might have an iPhone that you download the Mimo app to and test it out to see if its the phone or the OMSO M4?
2020-9-4
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cavu Films Posted at 9-4 10:46
This isn't the most ideal solution but do you happen to have a friend that might have an iPhone that you download the Mimo app to and test it out to see if its the phone or the OMSO M4?

Hi thanks for the reply. That was my next port of call. My girlfriend has a Huawei P20 , so i'll try it on that first and then someone with an iphone.  If it works on those i suspect there may be a software conflict.

I'll keep you posted  !!
2020-9-4
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

RSD1962 Posted at 9-4 10:52
Hi thanks for the reply. That was my next port of call. My girlfriend has a Huawei P20 , so i'll try it on that first and then someone with an iphone.  If it works on those i suspect there may be a software conflict.

I'll keep you posted  !!

You could always do a factory reset on your device if you determine that your girlfriends phone does work and then install the Mimo app first on your device to see if all the functions work.
2020-9-4
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cavu Films Posted at 9-4 12:06
You could always do a factory reset on your device if you determine that your girlfriends phone does work and then install the Mimo app first on your device to see if all the functions work.

Didn't work on the P20 either
2020-9-5
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It is exactly as I have said there is no stabilization on any axis.

The OM4 will start up and the motors center the phone perfectly, but as soon as i start to move the OM4 the phone just flops around. Double tapping the trigger will re-centre the OM4 .

I don't think it has anything to do with the trigger.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm not a novice with phone gimbals and this one doesn't appear to be working properly.

2020-9-7
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It's strange you're saying this is happening.

1. Just to be clear, you have the phone clamped roughly in the middle of the phone? A P30 or P30 Pro shouldn't have any issues with the OM4. It's the same phone I'm currently using.
2. When you say flopping around, is it following your movements or are saying it looks like uncontrolled flopping around?
3. Moving with the handle is the default setting. If you hold the trigger down, the gimbal should then stop following your movements.

If any of these aren't making sense and we can't get anywhere by explaining with text, if possible, the best way would be for you to shoot a video of what's happening. This would be quickest way for us to diagnose what's wrong.
2020-9-7
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes the phone is centred. I'm glad to know that it works with your P30 as this gives me hope !!

The OM4 isn't following any of my movements. I will shoot a video when i get home from work to demonstrate the problem.

I suspect it may be just a defective unit.
2020-9-7
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gTp3NrI4Z1yDmKtlR4ZIzVpaFVekvO6q/view?usp=sharing
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Based off your video, the OM4 is behaving exactly how it should. By default, if you rotate the handle one way, it should smoothly follow in that direction. It seems like what you're looking for is for the motors to not actually follow your movements. To achieve this, just hold the front trigger button down. This will lock the motors and then OM4 won't follow your movements. Now remember, this is a 3-axis gimbal and only works on those 3 rotational axes. It will not be able to stabilize any lateral side to side sliding movements or up and down vertical sliding movements.
2020-9-7
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If this is a gimbal working properly then i don't want it.
I have owned several gimbals so i know when one is working properly.
I will shoot a video later of my Hohem gimbal operating properly so you can see the difference.

Does the DJI operate in a different way to other gimbals ?
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Please provide a video of your other gimbal and then we can tell you the difference.
2020-9-7
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Ur/view?usp=sharing

Here's the video of my other gimbal
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

As I suspected, the other gimbal just has the default follow modes set up differently. All DJI gimbals come default with the pan and tilt axes set to follow your movements.

1) If you want to change this, just go into the MIMO app and under gimbal settings change the follow mode to Tilt Locked.
2) You can have the follow modes off for all axes by holding down the trigger button. The trigger allows you to quickly transition into and out of follow.
2020-9-9
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paul Posted at 9-9 03:05
As I suspected, the other gimbal just has the default follow modes set up differently. All DJI gimbals come default with the pan and tilt axes set to follow your movements.

1) If you want to change this, just go into the MIMO app and under gimbal settings change the follow mode to Tilt Locked.

I know everything that you have told me. I read the instructions.

I have been into the MIMO app and tried to change the follow mode but nothing changes when I do.
I don't believe that the pan and tilt mode is working properly as this can leave the phone in and upside down position without returning it to the start position when not in use. The OM4  has to be re-centred  manually. Surely this isn't normal ? I will try again later. If i have no joy it will be returned for a refund.
2020-9-9
Use props
RSD1962
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paul Posted at 9-9 03:05

Hi Paul

Firstly I must apologize for wasting your time. I now have the OM4 working properly. As you said the follow modes are set up entirely differently and also control of the OM4 is entirely different .
It puts more control into the hands of the operator.
All i had had to do was watch a few decent reviews on YouTube and my problem was sorted.  

Many thanks for your patience I'm now off to eat a little humble pie.
2020-9-9
Use props
djiuser_aIK8nRfAngje
New

United Kingdom

Did you manage to get the zoom button sorted? I can't seem to use it and I'm on a P30 Pro, it works in the native camera app, but not in DJI Mimi?
2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_HPilKgQBUYwn
New

Canada

Hi, I just got my Dji Om 4 and it seems like I cannot connect to the app with my Huawei P30 Lite. Do you have any suggestions?
2020-12-26
Use props
jeanluc1102
lvl.1

France

djiuser_HPilKgQBUYwn Posted at 2020-12-26 00:10
Hi, I just got my Dji Om 4 and it seems like I cannot connect to the app with my Huawei P30 Lite. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello
it seems to me that
the huawei p 30 lite is slightly different from the p 30
Camera 3 sensors: 40Mpx, 16 Mpx and 20 Mpx for the p30
3 sensors: 48 Mpx, 8 Mpx, 2Mpx for the p 30 lite.
Would there be a conflict with the camera?
anyway on the compatibility list the p 30 lite is not referenced. in your entourage do you have a friend who would have a p30 and try
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_3c2eQpIsVyeK
lvl.2
Poland

jeanluc1102 Posted at 1-2 02:08
Hello
it seems to me that
the huawei p 30 lite is slightly different from the p 30

i have p30pro, and i cant sent the exposure manualy, i mean i cant setup iso or time ;/ also i cant record in 4k with 60fps..... but on iphone 11 max it is working!

WHY there is onyl auto mode in p30pro and no manual?
2021-1-2
Use props
jeanluc1102
lvl.1

France

djiuser_3c2eQpIsVyeK Posted at 1-2 10:42
i have p30pro, and i cant sent the exposure manualy, i mean i cant setup iso or time ;/ also i cant record in 4k with 60fps..... but on iphone 11 max it is working!

WHY there is onyl auto mode in p30pro and no manual?

good evening, thank you for your answer. But for the other functions, do they work like tracking and timelaps?
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_3c2eQpIsVyeK
lvl.2
Poland

jeanluc1102 Posted at 1-3 11:19
good evening, thank you for your answer. But for the other functions, do they work like tracking and timelaps?

yes timelapse and other working nice
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_MLY0lCmooIgW
New

Germany

Hy DJI Team. We have a major Problem with my DJI OM4 Gimbal. I mount my P30pro connect it to the om4 and than its trying to start the Camera. But it cant start the camera. If i fast (before the failed window comes on screen) push the selfi camera button, the selfi cam works. Whats that? The Mimo App dont starts the camera in simple words. Sorry for my english.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_NaEdz1m1DxS3
New

Mexico

djiuser_HPilKgQBUYwn Posted at 2020-12-26 00:10

Hola que tal, estoy pensando en comprar el osmos 4 para usarlo en un huawei p30 lite.
Funciona bien con el? Hace todas las funciones o si tiene limitantes. Gracias!
2021-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules