1549 6 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Hello All

I've just got a 'Like New' High Capacity Battery from a reputable online dealer. The advert they showed of the actual battery showed it had 2 bars (around 50% charge). When it arrived to me there were no LED's showing and the battery wouldn't turn on. Connecting it to a working DJI charger doesn't bring it to life in any way.

I'm currently assuming its in Hibernation mode but thought I would get a red power button indication if that was the case. I've connected it to the charger for a good 4 hours now and still no sign of life, the charger is just at room temperature so I don't think it's drawing any load.

Should I expect some indication even if the battery is in Hibernation mode?

Looking back at earlier threads on this I see there's a specific sequence to follow and I'm not 100% sure I would have followed that - if I need to start the sequence again any idea how long to leave the battery unplugged before repeating?

This is the thread but not sure it applies if no LED's light...
https://forum.dji.com/thread-134111-1-1.html?pbc=mF6h4ZTt

I can return the battery but I'd loose out on postage and this one looks like it is new - out of curiosity is there any way of telling the manufacturing date from the serial number?

Cheers - Mike

2020-9-3
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

HI Mike,  when i bought my used P4P with 4 batteries, one of them was doing that exact same thing.  I tried many different "methods" to revive and struck out.  All you can do is try.  Some have had success and others like myself, not so lucky.  I would say for a $150 USD battery, if you have the opportunity to return, I would.   Keep trying but.....
2020-9-3
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Ireland

Thanks Anokadrone
Yep - it looks like that battery is heading back to the vendor.
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the battery information. Kindly please PM me the serial number of the battery. Thank you.
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Smashey1 Posted at 9-4 05:59
Thanks Anokadrone
Yep - it looks like that battery is heading back to the vendor.

Hi. Thank you for your patience, I have sent a PM kindly please check at your most convenient time. Thank you.
2020-9-4
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-4 12:58
Hi. Thank you for your patience, I have sent a PM kindly please check at your most convenient time. Thank you.

Thanks again.
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are more than welcome Smashey1. We are happy to help. Thank you.
2020-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules