Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI air unit Freezes when arming
3430 5 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have been using the DJI air unit just fine for about one month.

Now  for a reason i can't understand whenever i arm my quad the image just freezes and shows the DJI logo after a few seconds. as soon as i disarm the quad the image instantly returns.
In about 1 out of 5 times there are 2-3 thin green horizontal lines on the screen as it freezes that do not span the entire width of the screen.

I  made sure all of the plugs were connected. I tried de-soldering stuff i  don't need like GPS and LEDS. I tried using a new 470mF cap on the  power input. i tried resetting the FC firmware in betaflight. i tried downgrading and updating the air unit firmware.
i checked  the voltage on the connection from FC to air unit and it maintains 10v  and the signal wires stay around 3.3v (i do not have an oscilloscope).

does anyone have any ideas what's going on? Is the problem with the air unit of the FC? (or maybe something is wrong with the power supplied by the ESC?)

2020-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi m_eisele, could you please provide a video of the issue to us? We'd love to check further about this.
And does the issue happen every time you arm the quad? Please also list the exact firmware version of your setup. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-9-4
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

Typical power issue. Check power wires. Make sure the camera and air unit do not touch any carbon and are electrically isolated from the frame. Mind the camera screws! There may be no continuity from the camera housing to the frame.
2020-9-4
Use props
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

I figured it out.

what was happening was that the screws holding the motors were too long so that there was a current flowing via the carbon frame over the low resistance path of the metal cage through the camera.

i have shortened the screws and all is well now.

why that wasn't an issue for the first month i am not sure.

Thanks Fritz. i figured it our before i saw your comment but i'm sure your reply would have set me on the correct path to find the problem.
2020-9-4
Use props
Bat22m
New

France

m_eisele Posted at 2020-9-4 11:39
I figured it out.

what was happening was that the screws holding the motors were too long so that there was a current flowing via the carbon frame over the low resistance path of the metal cage through the camera.

Hello,

I had the same problem and it was too the screws holding motors.

Thank you for your help, I had the problem since some days.

Have a nice day,
2021-5-31
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

I'm experiencing this issue too, but I'm guilty of mounting my camera directly to the carbon frame and that is how the frame is designed (GepRC MK4 HD), and one motor screw is resting on each of the insulated motor wires.
2021-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules