Night Video
713 7 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alberta Redneck
New

Canada

My husband and I live on a farm. We're considering adding a drone as a way to check livestock on our 160 acres. The most important checks where the drone could assist would be night checks during lambing and calving season. We can see both maternity pens from our house windows, but the animals love to hide behind a bale or corners or even have their butts pointed away so it's difficult to see the details. Is there a way to add light to the drone (Specifically the Mavic Air 2) so you can see the video footage? There's not much for light in a pasture on a farm (none in fact). Or if a person shined a high power flashlight on that area would that be sufficient to see video footage?
2020-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you look at the Mavic 2 Zoom,  you'll be able to zoom in and see more and they have bright lights on the bottom of the drone, or you can add extras.
2020-9-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I highly recommend the Mavic Air 2 which also has a Zoom feature and despite being digital it is quite impressive. It also has a 1/2" sensor which will give a better image in lower light conditions over 1/2.3" sensor. You can increase the brightness by increasing the ISO though too high an ISO will cause grain in the image on any of the 12 drones I've owned over the past four years. You can also adjust brightness etc in post.
2020-9-4
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

You'd need a drone with an infrared camera to do that.

2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this query. Just a friendly reminder to please fly with caution during night time, the performance of the sensors may be affected due to poor lighting. Thank you.
2020-9-4
Use props
Martyzion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Whenever I watch drone videos on youtube I get ads for lume cube.  
Sounds like the product you may be looking for.
2020-9-4
Use props
Alberta Redneck
New

Canada

Martyzion Posted at 9-4 12:44
Whenever I watch drone videos on youtube I get ads for lume cube.  
Sounds like the product you may be looking for.

I was wondering if that would work and if anyone has done it. In theory, I'd think it would, but don't wanna go sticking things to the drone if it won't.
2020-9-4
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

There a few companies that make lights for different model drones. My main concern would be that to make lights be able to help you see what is happening you would have to get close to the livestock. The drones do put out a high decibel when in flight and this might scare them which would cause stress. All animals will act differently to a drone so maybe have someone close to you that owns one or hire someone to do a test before you buy one.
2020-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules