5469 15 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562 ft
Poland

Hi,
I am having some issues while flying mapping missions with M300RTK and XT2.
I set a mission, so the ridges (check the picture) should be parallel to the long edge of the photo (gimbal looking straight down, yaw axis centered)

After arriving at the first waypoint, the aircraft takes a turn, and starts taking pictures. After the trun, gimbal drifts significantly in the yaw axis,resulting with the riges not being parallel to the long edge of the photo.

Ridge

Ridge

What is more, i have no way of correcting the gimbal yaw and pitch after mission starts. The only way i found to correct it is to pause the mission, reset gimbal pan, set it again, and resume the mission. I have to repeat this procedure after each waypoint. It also looks like the gimbal drifts to exact same position every time, but never with yaw axis centered

This problem is present with H20T as well, however i can rotate the gimbal without pausing the mission.

Another problem with XT2 is, that it does not save date and time in picture metadata while flying missions. This problem is not present while flying manually.

Aircraft, controller, H20T and XT2 are all updated to the newest firmware.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.
2020-9-4
Use props
Wachul
lvl.4
Poland

Update.
XT2 also freezes during missions and stops taking pictures for 10-30s, then it starts working. This is unacceptable, the other issues i listed i could live with until firmware update fixes them, but this is a deal breaker for me. First i thought it was sd card problem. However everything works just fine when flying manually and taking pictures with 2s interval (same interval that is set during the mission).

Today date and time was missing from pictures taken in manual flight as well.

I'm starting to regret choosing m300rtk. M210rtk is much better at the moment.

I hope GS Pro for m300rtk solves some of my problems, if it is released at all. (Listed as coming soon since m300rtk release).
2020-9-6
Use props
MW_POE
lvl.2

United States

We are having similar issues with imagery alignment - haven’t noticed gimbal drift but wasn’t looking for it and the description fits our issues with mapped images showing misalignment

We have also experienced the H20 failures which we have attempted to fix with formatting all SD cards for a single use in the controller to ensure this is not the issue. We re-format in controller for each mission.

Aside from the very limited capability of the pilot app, after the firmware update, missions can no longer be continued...hot swap or restart, a UI error is presented whenever you attempt to continue a paused mission.

We are blowing up,DJI and earnestly waiting for the GS Pro release which is  months on overdue. Please add to the chorus.

It is distressing that this incredible aircraft is so limited by the software limitations.
2020-9-11
Use props
MW_POE
lvl.2

United States

Addition....seems we need a dji SDK developer to successfully operate the m300 in the short term..if interested please contact us at mikew@PowerOnenergy.co
2020-9-11
Use props
Wachul
lvl.4
Poland

There are many issues with this aircraft at the moment.
We use our m300 to scan solar installations. With current problems we are forced to fly manually.
This is not how a "professional" system that costs tens of thousands of dollars should perform.
DJI doesn't seem to care. They don't even reply to posts on their forums.
Our enterprise dealer says they can't help us, and our issues should be resolved with future firmware update that is"coming soon".
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_LuDIehOtN335
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MW_POE Posted at 9-11 17:33
We are having similar issues with imagery alignment - haven’t noticed gimbal drift but wasn’t looking for it and the description fits our issues with mapped images showing misalignment

We have also experienced the H20 failures which we have attempted to fix with formatting all SD cards for a single use in the controller to ensure this is not the issue. We re-format in controller for each mission.

I haven't as yet noticed issues with the alignment etc but we've had major issues linking to the D-RTK Ground Station - now resolved with a DJI Beta Firmware Update. Why, nearly 6 months from launch, we should be getting beta software for it to function, if quite beyond me. Aside from this, I wanted to reply to your comment about resuming from a paused mission and the UI issue you described. I've also had this... not when the flight is paused and resumed from a hover, but when I've taken over manual control and then tried to resume. The mission did resume after landing the drone first, but one ought not have to do this.

As you say, the M300 is an incredible system but is being heavily let down by the lack of software and additional cameras. It should have launched with GS Pro and Terra ready. The Thermal camera should have been FLIR. And DJI should have been working with the likes of DroneDeploy and Pix4D to ensure these were compatible at launch too.

UGcS has launched a beta version of its software which supports the M300 and H20, H20T sensors, but I'm not finding it the most intuitive software to use.

For an inspection drone, I expected to be able to run automated missions around pylons, wind turbines and buildings for BIM Modelling, rather than having to fly manually. Pilot is just not a good enough solution for these applications.

As for the surveying issues mentioned in the earlier post, please note that the M300 RTK is NOT DESIGNED TO BE A SURVEY DRONE. This should change with the imminent launch of the new camera, but for now, I don't think you can rely on this with the H20 array.
2020-10-7
Use props
D.Raphael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi all, any news concerning the problems with XT2 cam?
2020-10-21
Use props
Juan10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3030338 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yo tengo los mismos problemas y nadie dice nada.
- Fecha y hora se resetea en el control remoto si tiene tarjeta microsd insertada.
- Imagenes torcidas cuando cambia de línea XT2.
- Se queda "bloqueado" el disparador y pasan segundos sin hacer fotos.
- Estación D-RTK2 no funciona por un bug. Meses guardada en la caja.

Un desastre de dron con el dinero que cuesta.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any updates on this?
2020-11-6
Use props
Wachul
lvl.4
Poland

A J Posted at 11-6 08:43
Any updates on this?

Nope. I am not surprised.
2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachul Posted at 11-7 13:29
Nope. I am not surprised.

Shameful - thanks for the update
2020-11-7
Use props
MW_POE
lvl.2

United States

Re mapping continue - switch your map to mapa and it will work - the map selection is in menu where you selected map box or whatever. An in process map is called map a.
3 eclipses, map first box select map a

HUGE FRUSTRATION.

ALSO, what’s the deal with it speaking Chinese??? In Spanish language, some of the keyboard are Chinese....absolute junk software...release us to use our own options ....try UGCS...THEY are almost there and actually answer emails ...what a concept.
2020-11-20
Use props
Juan10
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

I have encountered another problem. In a waypoint mission at a height of 20 meters, the remote control indicates a constant 20 meters but the drone is losing altitude. I took off at 20 meters and with the laser I verified that it read 20 meters, when the drone passed through the same take-off point during the mission I checked the height and it read 17 meters. The truth is that the drone was much lower than at the beginning. Have you been able to verify it?
2020-11-24
Use props
Juan10
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

@wachul, Have you checked if this happens to you too?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D564%26typeid%3D564
2020-12-14
Use props
Wachul
lvl.4
Poland

Juan10 Posted at 12-14 04:59
@wachul, Have you checked if this happens to you too?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231195&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D564%26typeid%3D564

I am not sure. Most of the PV sites i inspect are on uneven terrain, so it's hard to determine if this problem occurs. I will check it out when i can.
2020-12-15
Use props
VolantDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354646 ft
United States

Amazing, I'm reading this 9 months later and nothing has been done to improve pilot or integrate GS Pro. I spoke to a DjI engineer who brought these issues up at a team meeting, but was told they are aware and not currently focused on a solution.  UgCS takes some time to understand, but actually solves for problems that DJI cannot. If there are any other solutions, please let me know
2021-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules