430 4 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hi folks, I've been trying both DJI Go 4 app (trough waypoints 2.0) and Litchi app to take photos and videos over the same waypoints for documenting the contruction of some buildings over months. The problem is that while the app allows for recording the tilt and pan of the camera, the results are very inconsistent with large errors, so it's nearly impossible to align that photos to create something like a timelapse. I imagine that it would be related to the typical error of gps. Any workaround? RTK version should be more precise on this regard?
Many thanks,
Pablo

DJI_0585.JPG DJI_0575.JPG
2020-9-4
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

You are asking a lot for a consumer grade GPS receiver.  They are good, but there are limitations.
My suggestion would be to shoot a larger area and select the desired area in post production.

2020-9-4
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

Do you know if RTK models improve this accuracy or they just take better data? Many thanks
2020-9-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pbetancourt Posted at 9-4 13:23
Do you know if RTK models improve this accuracy or they just take better data? Many thanks

The specs for the Phantom 4 RTH indicate that positioning accuracy of the drone is more accurate when using RTK.

Hover Accuracy Range
RTK enabled and functioning properly:
Vertical:±0.1 m;Horizontal:±0.1 m

RTK disabled
Vertical:±0.5 m(with GNSS positioning)
Horizontal:±1.5 m(with GNSS positioning)

However the RTK models are much more expensive to buy.
2020-9-4
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

Labroides Posted at 9-4 17:46
The specs for the Phantom 4 RTH indicate that positioning accuracy of the drone is more accurate when using RTK.

Hover Accuracy Range

Many thanks for that specs! Sounds great in theory, I would love to know how they work in reality regarding camera's tilt angle as well. And yes, that tech is still too expensive for me, but It would be nice to know if that works fine, there could be clients that can pay for that on very long term projects.
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules