Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Resolution & frame rate limit
14405 13 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThatNoteGuy
lvl.1

United States

I purchased an Osmo Mobile 3 combo and everything seemed great until I went to record in DJI Mimo.  No option for more than 30 FPS. Front camera max resolution is 1080P ! and rear camera max is 4k both at 30FPS.  I thought maybe I missed something and checked Amazon product descritpion and DJI's website to find no mention of these limits.   I thought it was my phone a Note 20 Ultra, so I tried my Note 10+,  Same issues. Then I tried my Wifes Note 9, same issue.  All 3 phones easily record at the higher resolutions and FPS. My Note 20 Ultra does 8k@24 on the rear and 4k@60 on the front camera.  I tried just using my cameras built in camera app but only the joystick works and the Osmo has a hard time stabalizing the phone when not using the Mimo app.  My phones have more processing power than most laptops so it can't be a hardware issue, Why are there artaficial limits ?

Does anyone know of a plan to remove the frame rate and resolution limits ?

Can anyone confirm if the limits extist in the new DJI OM 4 ?

Thanks
2020-9-4
Use props
ThatNoteGuy
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone confirm 4k at 60FPS support

I cant find confirmation on the product website. I know for a fact that the Osmo Mobile 3 does not support 4k@60 on either rear or front camera when recording in the DJI Mimo app. I tried my Note 20 Ultra, Note 10+ and wifes Note 9,  None of them support more than 4k@30 on rear camera and no more than 1080P@30 on the front camera when using the DJI Mimo app.
I tried just using my phones camera app but the Mobile 3 had problems stabalizing the phone outside of the Mimo app as well as only the joystick working. I really want an OSMO that can record at my phones abilities or atleast somewhat close to it. If it works I will buy one and be shouting the Osmos praises to anyone who asks.
Does anyone know if the DJI OM 4 supports at least 4K@60 on front and rear cameras ?

2020-9-4
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

yes, on my iPhone 11 Pro Max I can choose 4k 60 in the Mimo app under video with the OM 4.
2020-9-4
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

Samsung doesn't allow more then 4k 30fps on 3rd party apps. Best option is to use the Samsung app and forget about the osmo features. Osmo recording has poor focus and bitrate in my expierience anyway.
New Osmo hardware can't fix the Samsung limitation.
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, kindly please check the DJI OM 4 Mobile Phone Compatibility List from this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en1.pdf to know the compatible mobile device and the supported max video resolution. Thanks.
2020-9-4
Use props
ThatNoteGuy
lvl.1

United States

fans39f80067 Posted at 9-4 21:55
Samsung doesn't allow more then 4k 30fps on 3rd party apps. Best option is to use the Samsung app and forget about the osmo features. Osmo recording has poor focus and bitrate in my expierience anyway.
New Osmo hardware can't fix the Samsung limitation.

Thanks for the insight.  
2020-9-4
Use props
ThatNoteGuy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-4 22:41
Hi there, kindly please check the DJI OM 4 Mobile Phone Compatibility List from this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en1.pdf to know the compatible mobile device and the supported max video resolution. Thanks.

Thabks for the insight and link.  Must be an older list but still obvious that all the Samsungs are capped at 30fps.  
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThatNoteGuy Posted at 9-4 23:11
Thabks for the insight and link.  Must be an older list but still obvious that all the Samsungs are capped at 30fps.

You're most welcome. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-9-5
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

This is proof that there is no Android support. I wonder why DJI has customers from Europe in a black hole ??
2020-9-6
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377382 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-4 22:41
Hi there, kindly please check the DJI OM 4 Mobile Phone Compatibility List from this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en1.pdf to know the compatible mobile device and the supported max video resolution. Thanks.

Good news from me just got a Sony Xperia 1 ii and Om4 all seems to work even though not on the compatibility list. Can record in 4k but only in 1080 if I want to switch between the 3 cameras using zoom function, which is good. Maybe a later update will enable 4k with zoom function. Big difference in weight compared to my Ronin-s lol, did notice you have to restart the app to go back to 4k. Nice work
2020-9-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GoodmanRP Posted at 9-6 00:20
This is proof that there is no Android support. I wonder why DJI has customers from Europe in a black hole ??

There is no support in Android for 4K60.  Most manufacturers have implemented it themselves but 3rd party apps like Mimo cannot access it.
2020-9-11
Use props
huynhthanhtuan
New

Vietnam

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-9-4 22:41

Tại sao điện thoại LG V50 của tôi không thể quay 1080 30Fps trong khi camera mặc định của máy đang quay được 4K 60fps? DJI coi thường người dùng đến vậy sao?
Hoàng Sa, Trường Sa là của Việt Nam!!!
2021-5-15
Use props
Bueno79
lvl.1

Monaco

Hi,

we need to record in 25fps or 50fps in Europe. Can you update OM4 ? We already request this years ago. Without this option it s a real problem to use this product.

regards
2021-5-26
Use props
djiuser_Km6U6vLgET70
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-9-4 22:41

Why doesnt DJI say that on the amazon site or on the box?
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules