Mavic 2 cant fly straight ahead
949 13 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lordofwolf
lvl.2

United States

Hi guy! I got both mavic 2 pro and zoom but either one have problem!
The pro usually drift to one side

https://vimeo.com/454184005

The zoom better but still cant flight straight, and i have to adjust the gimbal everytime i turn! You can see in the video!

https://vimeo.com/454184312

I did imu and gimbal calibrate for both, The wind not bad too

s the drifting normal for mavic 2? If not what should i do now? Thank you for you time!
9B7A8859-C62E-4CB1-A1B4-63E452D96BC7.png
2020-9-4
Use props
lordofwolf
lvl.2

United States

Sorry i dont know how to upload video so i have to add vimeo link
2020-9-4
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Are you absolutely sure you are not pushing the stick slightly to one side.  I find I have a tendency of pushing the stick slightly to the left when I am commanding full speed ahead.  Not as much as your first video, but still there.  Took a little to realize that I was doing it.  You can check your DAT files to confirm if you are doing it.
2020-9-4
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Are you using the same controller-the same cell phone for both?
2020-9-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd also calibrate the compass given your scenario but be sure to do it away from any heavy metal objects and magnetism. I suggest you change the props with a set of new ones too as drifting is not normal for these drones.
2020-9-4
Use props
lordofwolf
lvl.2

United States

I used different controller for each one! I calibrated IMU, gimbal, and when i calibrate compass, i stay in open wide area, just next to small tree because that is only space away from magnetic! I changed to a set of master aircrew propeller too, nothing help!
- Beside, my zoom need to adjust every time i turn because the gimbal tilt as you see in the video (i calibrated the gimbal)! Man, maybe i am such an unlucky people
2020-9-5
Use props
lordofwolf
lvl.2

United States

Oh and i was really sure to keep right stick straight so i didnt think that is problem
2020-9-5
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

lordofwolf Posted at 9-5 08:35
Oh and i was really sure to keep right stick straight so i didnt think that is problem

I recommend to use different cellphone or try to connect your cell to bottom controller usb via long cable and keep mobile more far from controller and do test flight. Those sticks are magnetic ones and some mobile devices are interfering with them.

Or you can simply try do some short flight without cell phone at all only with controller.
2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there lordofwolf. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened on both ot your DJI Drones and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition can you please try to refresh the firmware of both DJI drone and calibrate the remote controllers as well for us to be able to islotae the said issue. For reference I will post a DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate the DJI Mavic Remote Controller. Thank you.

2020-9-6
Use props
lordofwolf
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 20:27
Hello there lordofwolf. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened on both ot your DJI Drones and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition can you please try to refresh the firmware of both DJI drone and calibrate the remote controllers as well for us to be able to islotae the said issue. For reference I will post a DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate the DJI Mavic Remote Controller. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFeOF1lBsI

I did recalibrate the remote controller too, and the aircraft never crash or hard landing, i alway hand catch it
2020-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would swap the props and see if this issue moves to the other drone.  It doesn't take much for the props to loose their shape slightly.
2020-9-8
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Calibrate the gimbal. It is possible that the camera is off center which looks just like it does not fly straight. Happened to me several times already especially if I power up the M2P on my hand and take off from my hand.
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

lordofwolf Posted at 9-7 07:08
I did recalibrate the remote controller too, and the aircraft never crash or hard landing, i alway hand catch it

Hi there lordofwolf. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information you have shared. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persists. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-8
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

roamer105 Posted at 9-8 11:14
Calibrate the gimbal. It is possible that the camera is off center which looks just like it does not fly straight. Happened to me several times already especially if I power up the M2P on my hand and take off from my hand.

Right, this is what helped in my case. I couldnt understand why it slides to the right when the stick is forward, especially it was annoying when trying to fly straight trail between the trees.
After reading this recommendation I took a close look at the camera - its axis was not the same as drone axis, i.e. looking a bit left, just couple degrees but visible even with eyes.
so I calibrated the gimbal, there is Roll and Yaw, Yaw calibration to the right for 2 degrees has set the axis looking into the same direction.
2020-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules