No internet connection when attempting to activate
3679 12 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heiman Habitat
lvl.1

Australia

G'Day Team, newbie here.

A couple of years ago my brother gave me a Phantom 3 but I left it on the shelf. Now years later I am trying to fly it and am going through the activation process. It says I dont have internet access to link my aircraft with my account.

My Andriod ASPERA R8 phone is juiced up, 4G full bars, WiFi says I am connected to the drone, I even have hotspot tuned on, bluetooth tethering.

Seems like I have been failing at this for over an hour.
2020-9-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I did activate my P3S in following steps:
1. Turn on  the system of the Phantom and hook the WIFI of the mobile to the Phantoms RC and let the app reads the data of the Phantom.
2. Hook the mobile to the internet connection via WIFI or 4G so the app can send the data to the DJI server and receive the activatins data from that(note:the app should be logged in to the DJI server)
3. Hook tthe mobile to Phantoms WIFI again and continue the activation procedure, That was it.
Your model is not listed in recommended devices but should handle this.

2020-9-5
Use props
Heiman Habitat
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Peterx, I tried that and it was still saying I had no internet connection but everything else was working I could do Facebook, get the news from Google but the DJI activation and DJI Go app could not access it????
2020-9-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Heiman Habitat Posted at 9-5 00:05
Thanks Peterx, I tried that and it was still saying I had no internet connection but everything else was working I could do Facebook, get the news from Google but the DJI activation and DJI Go app could not access it????

I had the same problem in 2017 activating my Phantom 3 SE .........  AFTER 1 week with no solutions from Moderators , i found a guy with same problem  ...... THE SOLUTION IS : go to apk mirror :        https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go/ and download the previous version of Dji go and install it .

Another way is try reisntall the DJI APP

2020-9-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I insist, do not worry ... nothing happens to your connection, it is a Software problem (Dji go)
2020-9-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I lost two weeks with that problem: response from moderators: check your internet connection, try another network......when the solution is as simple as reinstalling the APP or rollback a version of the Dji app
2020-9-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Your device is probably already activated ... it will not be necessary to activate it if you reinstall the Dji version go ..
2020-9-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Anyway , i would try use another compatible Mobile Device ....
2020-9-5
Use props
Heiman Habitat
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks JetSam I will try tomorrow and see what happens. we are not a multi device family if it doesnt work on my phone then the drone goes
2020-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. As Jetsam advised at post #8 kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to activate your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. In addition, I have posted an official DJI video tutorial on how to activate the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-9-7
Use props
Heiman Habitat
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-7 11:34
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. As Jetsam advised at post #8 kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to activate your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. In addition, I have posted an official DJI video tutorial on how to activate the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab8R-s6gbo

DJI Paladin - what does it mean in the video tutorial to activate my internet on the mobile device? the internet is already on isn't it? I can connect to Google, Facebook etc so why would I need to turn on the internet? and how would I do that?

I can not change mobile devices this is what I have and we are not a multi device family if a DJI drone wont work on my phone then I will sell the drone and not get another DJI product.
2020-9-7
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Heiman Habitat Posted at 9-7 23:01
DJI Paladin - what does it mean in the video tutorial to activate my internet on the mobile device? the internet is already on isn't it? I can connect to Google, Facebook etc so why would I need to turn on the internet? and how would I do that?

I can not change mobile devices this is what I have and we are not a multi device family if a DJI drone wont work on my phone then I will sell the drone and not get another DJI product.

Do you have a DJI account?  If so, you should be able to log into the DJI app using the password for that account.  Make sure you are connecting to the drone via wifi on the PhantomXXX connection.
2020-9-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I did activate as i explained in post #2 with an ODYS <2014> with official Go app from playstore. You may switch between the home WIFI and Phantoms WIFI and the Go app must be signed up in DJI server.
2020-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules